• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Skitty's Blazing Summer

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
Okay, here's one of my entries for the contest. More to come!

Spoiler Spoiler Show

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Oh my. This was really creative and out of the box; making it ten times more cooler than expected! I really do mean this, because I was expecting something different. I really like this boy for fighting for both his sisters and his girlfriend. And now, I wonder what lies in fate for this boy being tied to another in a second chance after defying death. Definitely exciting and eager to know more. C: <3 Good job on your story challenge, Skitty!

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Thanks KitKat, and to tell you the truth I'm rather surprised it turned out the way it did. I don't know, I may continue with this stuff, since it is opened for possibilities. ^^;; Although again, thanks for the feedback KitKat.

Okay, here's the next two entries, got them both done shortly after my first one but I thought I'd split them up a bit.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I'm not sure how the story turned out for two reasons, one was the time limit, and the second is because I usually don't do same sex pairings so it was a nice little exercise in creativity.

Okay, the second of the two that I'm posting now is my Fluff entry. A bit of background on it is that it's from a book series that I'm working on writing where the gods of old have been forced to take on human hosts basically to survive; and some of them have taken on some of their host's traits, much like how Persephone has taken on some of her host's traits and vice versa.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Perfect

It turned out perfectly, Skitty. I may now have a favorite pairing because of it! Since I really like how Altair has Malik to keep him in check or stop him from overthinking too much about leading the brotherhood. I really like how Altair wasn't upset over a peck on the lips and that he felt better because of it. And you really nailed Altair at the beginning too; with how conflicted he was about the past and having to go from novice to master and back again with what he did in the past for his arrogance and whatnot. And I didn't know the Master was a father figure either!

Light Up the Night

Persephone is a whole more different than I ever imagined her to be. I really like that about it and how mature she is as she takes on her opponent or openly admits she sometimes fights with Hades but still loves him. Then Hades coming to the rescue but seeing her handle it on her own and not minding... this was just awesome in so many epic portions that I fell in love with it. Plus I like mythology too.

And you're welcome, Skitty. C:

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Perfect:

Thank you for the feedback, I'm glad you love it. I've got one more AC story planned, this time it's centered on the fight in AC3 between Haythem and Connor. Yeah, he does seem to be a father figure at least to Altair, so I kinda figured that'd be the case for the rest of the Brotherhood. I'm glad you so thoroughly enjoyed the story KK, I know I had a fun time writing it. I'm also glad to hear I was able to keep him in character with the novice and master thing.

Light Up the Night:

I'm glad you loved the characterization with Persephone, I thought it'd be rather fitting for her considering the situation. The same thing with Hades, it just seemed like a couple of fights happening in their relationship would work, but they still love each other. I love mythology myself, and you're in luck, there's going to be quite a few of my stories set in the universe of Light Up the Night, and it touches on the different mythologies. Some of them will be from the deities POV, and others will be from the hosts POV.

Matter of fact, here's another one set in the same universe as Light Up the Night.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Here you go~

Death's Door

A very strong opening between Hades and Tyler. All of the emotions Hades has are clear as day as he worries about Tyler's wellbeing after being hit by a car. The connection was mind boggling because, I didn't think we'd ever see Hades open up over a mere mortal being or treat one like a son. Then there's the fact how he felt immense pain from the link he shared with Tyler. I liked everything about this half of the story. :D

The River Styx

Funny how I was reading a different fanfiction where another character was near the River of Styx. Anyhow, being able to see into two different realms at once was a peculiar thing. Then there's the acid green eyes previously mentioned. Perhaps another god didn't like Hades and was getting back at him through Tyler? The trust between Tyler and Hades was definitely a favorite part of mine and a tender moment. The curse caught my eye and makes me think of so many possibilities of what that could mean. Thanantos making a brief cameo was nicely done. Surprised he didn't want a thank you from Hades... then again, he might expect payment later unless he counts as the second best friend?

Again, both were fun to read and awesome for their own respective reasons.

Last edited:

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Thanks for the feedback KitKat. The first part was the one I really wanted your opinion on. And the reason they're sharing a body is because Tyler is Hades's host, his modern day incarnation if you will, and it just lends to the father-son relationship those two have. (it's the same thing with Persephone/Penny, Poseidon/Snow and Zeus/Jack; it makes more sense when you've read up to that point in the story). As for the curse, Tyler and the other character in question both have an affinity for death based abilities, the thing is it really hard on the both of them. One's basically a living doll and Tyler's not a strong physical fighter and he really doesn't like sports since he doesn't have the stamina for it. In terms of who set Tyler up to get hurt, that'll get revealed later, but it wasn't the one that shares his curse basically.

EDIT: Yes, Thanatos is the second best friend, and I think Thanatos will demand something as payment for it. I'm just not sure what it'd be though, or if he even will demand payment.

Also, here's the KH3 story.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I might see about having the turkey story up tomorrow, but for now, time for a break! XD

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
They Say Time Heals Everything

Oh boy. Oh boy, oh boy. This whole twist on Xehanort has me stumped at what to feel about him now. I actually pity him for his losses. To think he had a daughter too. Then there's Sora, fighting for his friends and loved ones. To think Xehanort is more distracted by the past in his final showdown with Sora. I wonder if Sora and Terra thought he lost his mind at the end there with whoever he was speaking to? I enjoyed this immensely and was quite a different take on which made this awesome! C:

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Thanks for the feedback KK, I was a little worried about writing it since I didn't want to trash his character; but I thought it'd be interesting to look at him in a different light. ^^;; And yeah, I know what you mean with that one twist, I didn't even think about doing that until I got to that point, and then it was going back to earlier in it to properly hint at it.

Now, time for something a little more lighthearted compared to more recent entries.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Note: This actually happened the other day with me and Dream, but the only difference is that the garage didn't collapse and we don't play hosts to anything. *obviously on that last one*

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Flipping the Bird

Does this mean yourself and Dream weren't able to eat turkey the other day too? I imagine maneuvering around a bunch of furniture can be both tiring and vexing at the same time. I don't believe I've ever been in such a situation, but it's still pretty hilarious when you see others do it; or in this case, Seth and Aiden. Anyhow, I'd say Aiden is quite lucky he didn't go down along with the garage. Speaking of which, why on earth did it collapse? xD And it was a fun read overall!

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
Because she wanted the garage to asplode? That or Set made it explode since Seth and Aiden finally managed to get the turkey, thus taking away the chaos and craziness that Set had been enjoying. X3 Skitty's opinion is that it's just this funny little piece that's not supposed to make a 100% sense; it was supposed to be something cute and light considering most of what she's been writing so far being a little more on the somber/thought provoking side.

We were able to eat the turkey, though. It's sitting in our fridge right now! ;p

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Yeah, I just decided that Set decided to blow up the garage because he was sulking since the fun ended. Anyway, it's been a couple of days since I last did something; so here's my detective/murder mystery story.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

And here's another one, this time not from the same universe as the previous stories. Instead it's from the universe of Assassin's Creed, to be specific AC3.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I know that ending is super idealistic, but I still think they could have patched things up and gotten along if things had gone differently somewhere along the lines.

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
New Information

I loved it. I really like how Tyler is fretting over the murders and trying to solve the puzzle laid out before him. Not only that, but seeing how he orders the other Furies around is badass. My favorite part was between Hades taking over to let Tyler sleep after he figures it out and Cerberus. I love pit bulls and seeing one have three heads... gosh, I want my dog to do that now. xD I'm still really big on mythology and think it's cool how you added it to this story. I wonder if we'll ever find out who the killer is after realizing it was one of Thanatos children.

What Are We Fighting For?

The irony in this is that I came to the same conclusion in a conversation I had a day ago; Why can't a Templar and Assassin get along? I haven't actually played AC3 and wasn't really intending to play it anytime soon. Except this was a twist I never really saw coming! Which I think is cool because, I never thought I'd see the day when son and father are on separate sides. In a way, this reminds me of Altair getting involved with the Templar woman back in AC1. I just never thought it'd continue, where Templars and Assassins continue to mingle in one way or another. Which is awesome! C:

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Thanks for the feedback KitKat. :) And now, here's for two more entries, this time my Alternate Universe and my Survival/Apocalypse story. Okay, I am willing to admit I did not like writing my Alternate Universe because I didn't want to write this and hurt Henry. *I swear he's one of my favorite characters* Although, fair warning, this contains spoilers for the end of book The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter; so read with caution.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

~----------~

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I'll see about having the second part up sometime during the week, along with possibly my character of the day. It all depends on how much of an easy time I have on getting the writing done.

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I Can Almost Hear Those Hymns

I feel really bad for Hades and it felt like a punch to the gut towards the end there. Especially when the dogs knew he wouldn't be coming back to play with them. I guess grief can make a person reckless and blinded to all those around him. The fact that Hera sabotaged and killed Kate was terrible. Cronus is a jerk. And it was really touching to see Diana try to give up her life to bring Kate back. Goodness, this breaks my heart to tiny little pieces.

Tourniquet

I really wish you'd write a book, Skitty. You got me hooked right in when Kitridge bumped into a Nephilim. Nothing like seeing a half angel help a demon out under unusually circumstances. Which makes this quite exciting for part one! And it's got a great, strong start to hook people in. I wonder who gave Kitridge demon's bane and why. I hope I find out in part two! :D

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Thanks KitKat, and you're not the only one curious about who gave Kit the demon's bane. I'll see about getting that little mystery solved by the weekend. Well, provided that the book I'm reading is willing to let me go for long enough. <.< >.>

And yeah, when I read the book I couldn't believe it was Hera either, I was sure it would have been one of the others. I'm glad you loved it and it had the desire effect, I kept feeling sad when I was writing it. Although for the book series, Hades had been ready to give up searching and fade away by the start of the book. It changes though by the end, Hades is willing to try. The only thing I've got to say for the book series if you love Greek mythology, don't mind fresh spins on it and the sensation of a book series ripping your heart out and tearing it up into a thousand pieces while you watch helplessly, check it out.

Sorry about that ramble session with the book. Anyway, I'll try to have the second part for my survival story up before the weekend's out.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Thanks KitKat, and you're not the only one curious about who gave Kit the demon's bane. I'll see about getting that little mystery solved by the weekend. Well, provided that the book I'm reading is willing to let me go for long enough. <.< >.>

And yeah, when I read the book I couldn't believe it was Hera either, I was sure it would have been one of the others. I'm glad you loved it and it had the desire effect, I kept feeling sad when I was writing it. Although for the book series, Hades had been ready to give up searching and fade away by the start of the book. It changes though by the end, Hades is willing to try. The only thing I've got to say for the book series if you love Greek mythology, don't mind fresh spins on it and the sensation of a book series ripping your heart out and tearing it up into a thousand pieces while you watch helplessly, check it out.

Sorry about that ramble session with the book. Anyway, I'll try to have the second part for my survival story up before the weekend's out.

You're welcome, Skitty! Well, whenever you're able to solve the mystery is okay. You've got plenty of time still and I'm a pretty patient person; when it comes to reading stories around here. C: And I'll definitely be checking that book out first chance I get. Especially if Hades is willing to try and not give up! And it's okay to discuss these things as well. So no need to apologize or anything! Always feel free to discuss the things you write about or get inspiration from and ect.

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Again, thanks.

Hades doesn't give up during it, and the third book is a little amusing because of something that's happening in there with him. *I'm not going to say, because I don't want to spoil it*

Okay, I did get the piece done over the weekend and here it is.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

* Angel Grass (working name): It can help a nephilim to suppress their angel blood much like how demon's bane can help a cambion on. It is also lethal to cambion if given raw or given in too high of a dose, so it had to be prepared just right or Arianne would have have caused more damage than she would have wanted. The Demon's Bane that Kit got injected has the same effect on nephilim.

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Salvation

Kitridge certainly isn't a push over when it comes to other demons. Too bad she couldn't stop the syringe from injecting the poison into her. I imagine her father isn't someone to cross lightly. And she's got an interesting background as a demon of lust and having a love interest with Daniel. On the other hand, it's great Arianne could get some motherly advice as she tried to help Kit despite her being a demon. :3 Hmm, I sense friendship and more lurking on the horizon for these two~

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Yeah KK, Kit's dad is not one you cross lightly. He's the patron demon for lust, Asmodeus, so because of that Kit's pretty high ranking even though she prefers to be a good girl. Yes, I like her background too and she wasn't expecting the needle, otherwise I think she could have managed it. As for Arianne and her mother, I also like how she was about to get some motherly advice about what she should do. There is definitely a friendship that blows between the two, but they won't get together as a couple since they're both devoted to their respective guys. *Arianne and Adrian, and Kit and Daniel* Although there might be a little bit of ship-tease with the girls, just considering of who Kit happens to be. ;)

Okay, here's my 1,000 Words or Less story.

Words: 711

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Okay, apparently I've been having a little too much fun with this creative writing exercise I've given myself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back