• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Skipping Olympus Colosseum

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventus_

Awards
Thank you for sharing that Tinny, that was very interesting.
So it looks like the differences are slightly above subtle:
1.) It doesn't look like Riku was even present at all for the first parasite cage battle
2.) He left without a word with the lifeless Pinocchio instead of expressing how unusual it was for a puppet to have a heart and that perhaps it can help "someone whose lost theirs" (Kairi). Unless this video skipped the dialogue in that area because it remains the same.
3.) Sora accuses the person in front of him of not being Riku right before the second parasite cage battle.

Hmm. Intriguing so Riku in Monstro is only possibly Ansem in the scenario where you complete the first Hallow Bastian visit first? Why would Ansem want to use someone else's heart to revive Kairi, he'd only care about her heart. Riku on the other hand...

Also side question:
What Keyblade was Sora using in the last scene of this video? I'm trying to collect them all in my first file but that one did not look familiar.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Hmm. Intriguing so Riku in Monstro is only possibly Ansem in the scenario where you complete the first Hallow Bastian visit first? Why would Ansem want to use someone else's heart to revive Kairi, he'd only care about her heart. Riku on the other hand...

He's probably still there solely to advance the plot of the world. Someone has to lure Pinocchio away from Geppetto because finding him is the "mission" that you have to carry out, although you can skip it altogether.

Actually, that was just my crazy guess. I wouldn't really think too much of it anyway, because the alternate scenario is said to not be the canonical scenario.

Also side question:
What Keyblade was Sora using in the last scene of this video? I'm trying to collect them all in my first file but that one did not look familiar.

That would be Oblivion.

Ventus_

Awards
He's probably still there solely to advance the plot of the world. Someone has to lure Pinocchio away from Geppetto because finding him is the "mission" that you have to carry out, although you can skip it altogether.

Actually, that was just my crazy guess. I wouldn't really think too much of it anyway, because the alternate scenario is said to not be the canonical scenario.

I see so rather this scenario is just a filler to connect the events? That makes sense it doesn't fit as canon.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Sorry, what I meant to say is not that the alternate scenarios are not canonical. Instead, it's that I don't consider them as canon.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I still just find it all so very interesting though. It's touches like these Square, it's touches like these...

blksabbath74

I will say my daughter basically skipped OC until basically after she had completed Monstro and was pretty far along in Halloweentown and Atlantica.

I had to do the barrel training for her.

By that level, she basically walked through the Phil Cup and the Pegasus Cup up until the final fight.

When you are that high in level, the fights don't take very long.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I never skip it since you need to complete it to get the tournaments which are a major highlight of the game for me. Also, Hades, Cloud, and Sephiroth are there, some of my favorite characters from the Disney and Final Fantasy franchises.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I never skip it since you need to complete it to get the tournaments which are a major highlight of the game for me. Also, Hades, Cloud, and Sephiroth are there, some of my favorite characters from the Disney and Final Fantasy franchises.

Neither do I but i've played many playthroughs and I need to get the Standard difficulty trophy anyway so I'm going to try for these alternate scenes.

Pisceanreve

Oh god the alternate Monstro scene was so creepy >.< It was even creepier seeing it at 3 AM playing in the dark with a friend and we'd never seen it before--it felt like it was breaking the fourth wall or something. Or that the game was changing itself after ten years somehow lol
My guess for why Ansem would want Pinnochio...maybe because he is an anomaly and he would be good research material *shrug*

Ventus_

Awards
I'm pretty sure we all miss it, too.

On that note, there are two alternate scenes in the Longest Prologue Ever in II. One of them, unsurprisingly, is where Roxas loses to Setzer in the Struggle tournament. The other was earlier where it shows Roxas losing to Seifer. That one nobody saw because you had to deliberately lose in order to get that scene.

Both are battles you'd have to intentionally lose to get those alternate scenes. Setzer was cake for me in 2.5. He doesn't move so all that is required is taking a few of his orbs so you are safely ahead in count than just run around the edge of the stage until the time expires. Same goes for Vivi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back