• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Six years yesterday...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
It will be interesting to see how Iraq benefits in the future from the disruption and slaughter, in terms of infrastructure, the revived economy and in the political system.

I try to think of it in terms of this, because the pointless bloodshed can never even vaguely be fully justifiable, or reversed if not for some positive outcomes.

Teiku 5

Something About, Baby, You and I...
Website
www.facebook.com
‡ƵionΡhnӾ‡;3779862 said:
the Middle east has always been full of bloodshed,
that's why ppl have considered peace in the Middle East
the end of the world, or as stated from the Bible i think?

i know i'll probably get some point of this wrong but i'm a Christian so i know what i'm talking about. the reason why there will be peace in Revelation is because the Antichrist (the one that will ride on the white horse) will be so majestic and have such a character that everyone will like that he will be able to negotiate peace although it will be for his own motives. most of the jews will already have turned to christianity and the rest will become evangelists.

nelly <3

wayfarer~
Website
www.facebook.com
So I asked my government teacher today if she knew that yesterday the war in Iraq marked a 6th yr anniversary, she said "Well, yeah, but its not like people talk about it so much."

and i'm like "why? last night i was watching the news and their was no mention of that."

and then she said, "well we have so more important issues right now, apparantly the economy has taken the spotlight from the war."

and i'm like, ugh.

this sickens me.

Yeah our economy is all bad and it's not getting any better, well neither the war in Iraq.

=/

the news should give both 50/50 attention.

Teiku 5

Website
www.facebook.com
So I asked my government teacher today if she knew that yesterday the war in Iraq marked a 6th yr anniversary, she said "Well, yeah, but its not like people talk about it so much."

and i'm like "why? last night i was watching the news and their was no mention of that."

and then she said, "well we have so more important issues right now, apparantly the economy has taken the spotlight from the war."

and i'm like, ugh.

this sickens me.

Yeah our economy is all bad and it's not getting any better, well neither the war in Iraq.

=/

the news should give both 50/50 attention.

it would be completely different if everyone was behind it, but its such a divided issue thats its not discussed. in wwI, everyone was expected to be in the draft, and help make supplies, and follow rations. but today, it hardly affects most of the country's citizens so it doesn't really matter to most.

Teiku 5

Website
www.facebook.com
everyone deserves to live, it just depends on how they lived their own lives

if you're talking about the soldiers, no1 made them signup to be enlisted. that was there own personal choice, its not like there was a draft or nething.

and even in the case you say they needed money for college or whatever, a majority of soldiers will tell you that they have great pride in their country and they wanted to fight for something that they believed in.

Teiku 5

Website
www.facebook.com
I wouldn't fight for such a useless and utterly meaningless war.

and while i agree that the comparison im about to make could be considered flawed, anyone that cares about humanity would agree.

you see people, in a foreign country. they have to deal with prejudice and persecution. wouldn't you want to help them?

the united states has intervened in a foreign country's business before and nobody ever brings it up. the confederate states of america (the confederacy) declared itself a separate nation. but the u.s. just couldnt losing that much land and hated the treatment of the slaves, so they started a war.

and right now we're not even really involved in a war imo. we're just taking up residency to make sure our plans for reestablishing the government and educating the children and youth of Iraq good values.

if the same thing had been done, there would not have been 50, 60, 70, more years of unproper treatment of black individuals in the South because the mindset would have completely changed after such a U.S. presence.

Blueman

fuck dem niggas fight da po-wa row row

This war is stupid. Bush wants to pull off a spectacular scheme like his daddy did, but fucked it up. Deserving of the death penalty.

Are you saying Bush is deserving of the death penalty?

Bush has no idea what he did. He should've sent his own family and saw how it felt...

That's really uncalled for.

Endgame

:D
since the beginning of the Iraq War. Over one and a half million Iraqis have died, over twenty thousand US servicemen dead also.

Funny, looking at the evening news yesterday, I saw basically nothing mentioning it.

So

I really don't know what to say here.

How do you feel about it?

You may have hit 20000, but Australia? We just lost our tenth soldier.

Personally, I'd rather the statistics were inverted. Twenty thousand, and they're just another faceless statistic. Ten? The whole country puts on a sad face and makes it out to be the worst tragedy in the history of the human race. The psuedoempathy is sickening.

I think it's odd. Given the US' aptitude for turning anything they can into propaganda, I'd have thought the media would be exploiting this as much as inhumanly possible. Maybe they've simply squeezed every drop of sympathy out of it that they can.

But then, they've got a new toy to play with now, don't they? What could generate more 'National Pride' [See: Blind loyalty.] Then a black president?

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
and even if they did mention it, its hardly anything compared to other wars. look up the u.s. civl war, wwI, and wwII and you'll get an idea of what i mean.

I'll give you the Civil War, but we've spent the second longest time of in at least the last century fighting Iraq, first being Vietnam. The US didn't spend as much time fighting Japan.

Also, there's still fighting going on, everything's not hunkydory. As for the rest of your last post, lol.

A

Azrael

and while i agree that the comparison im about to make could be considered flawed, anyone that cares about humanity would agree.

you see people, in a foreign country. they have to deal with prejudice and persecution. wouldn't you want to help them?

the united states has intervened in a foreign country's business before and nobody ever brings it up. the confederate states of america (the confederacy) declared itself a separate nation. but the u.s. just couldnt losing that much land and hated the treatment of the slaves, so they started a war.

and right now we're not even really involved in a war imo. we're just taking up residency to make sure our plans for reestablishing the government and educating the children and youth of Iraq good values.

if the same thing had been done, there would not have been 50, 60, 70, more years of unproper treatment of black individuals in the South because the mindset would have completely changed after such a U.S. presence.

This is a misconception, Abraham Lincoln did not care about freeing the slaves, he only cared about bringing the separtist South back under Union control. It was the Confederate States of America that started the war with the bombing of Fort Sumter.

By the way, I felt that Americans are having a greater and greater distate of armed conflict yet this current generation has never truly seen a real world war with a real superpower considering our hyperpower status.

Some wars are necessary to fight, even if it costs tens of millions of lives in the process.

We should glad that World War III has not happened yet.

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
what the fuck are you whippersnappers arguing about ow my back

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net
Thing is, people will always think the war started in 2001 :/

Heck, a kid in class even said it started then but was told different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back