• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Sister Act remake in the works

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Call it a habit-forming franchise.

Disney is dusting off one of its most successful comedies of the early 1990s and has begun work on a new installment of Sister Act.

Kirsten "Kiwi" Smith and Karen McCullah — two of the most reliable writers in the female protagonist comedy space with credits that include Legally Blonde, The House Bunny and She's the Man — are writing the latest chapter in the franchise, which spawned the 1992 original starring Whoopi Goldberg, a 1993 sequel and a Tony-winning Broadway musical.

It is unclear at this point if Goldberg would return for a third outing in some capacity. The project marks something of a homecoming for Smith and McCullah, whose first film, 10 Things I Hate About You, was produced and released by Disney.

Allison Shearmur, hot off the Disney live-action hit Cinderella ($532 million worldwide), is producing.

Plot details of the remake are being kept under wraps, but the original centered on a Reno lounge singer (Goldberg) who goes into protective custody at a San Francisco convent and pretends to be a nun after a mob boss puts a hit on her.

The 1992 film from Disney's Touchstone Pictures also starred Maggie Smith and Harvey Keitel and earned $232 million worldwide.

McCullah and Smith's screenwriting credits also include Ella Enchanted and The Ugly Truth.

Smith is repped by WME, Anonymous Content and attorney Warren Dern. McCullah is handled by Verve, Jaret Entertainment and Dern.

'Sister Act' Remake in the Works at Disney With 'Cinderella' Producer (Exclusive) - Hollywood Reporter

Today just seems to get better and better. First "Night on Bald Mountain" live action, and now a Sister Act remake. Get hyped everybody because this is exactly what you all asked for.

Thanks to Shadow Fenix for mentioning it in the Tron 3 funeral thread.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
The Tangled TV show can't mend the gaping void that Disney is making in my heart. :(
First TRON 3 is canceled to make way for Chernabo-I mean "dark winged creature that raised the dead" and now a Sister Act remake. I'm okay with a new Sister Act movie, but not a remake.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The sarcasm is strong with this one. And thanks for the shout out ~

Disney is going insane right now. np~

The Tangled TV show can't mend the gaping void that Disney is making in my heart. :(
First TRON 3 is canceled to make way for Chernabo-I mean "dark winged creature that raised the dead" and now a Sister Act remake. I'm okay with a new Sister Act movie, but not a remake.

What kills me is that he wasn't even raising the dead. He was collecting souls to take into hell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back