• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Singing in kingdom hearts?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I loved KH2 Atlantica because they improved the swimming controls and they had 3 good songs to play - Part of Your World, Under The Sea, and Ursula's Revenge. I wish they added more songs from the actual film instead of the crap original ones.

I like Let It Go as a song, but I hated that it was shoved into KH with absolutely no meaning. Well, actually, that was Sora's way of "getting to know Elsa", too bad they were like miles apart when it happened. I wouldn't mind them using the actual songs from the films in the game, if the situation actually called for it. "I See The Light" would have worked PERFECTLY in KH3, especially because they got the lantern scene to look so good. "Immortals" would have been great for the scene where they're all in the lab getting improvements. They didn't even need to do the full song, a snippet or instrumental would work, like Beauty and the Beast in Beast's Castle.

I think in KH IV they can have Kairi get a solo in the middle of the game, kind of like 1000 Words in FFX2. I'm not sure if I want it to be a cover of an Utada song or an original, but I think Kairi should definitely sing something - maybe she'll have a solo in Melody of Memory?

If they do feature more songs from films, I really hope it's for an actual purpose that results in a meaningful feeling afterwards. Sora's reaction to Let It Go was mine - "Wow, I don't know what that was, but wow".

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
If they do have any musical numbers from Frozen 2 I hope they do something more creative than how they handled "Let it Go".

As for the OC characters singing I could see it working if it's like a fun minigame. Maybe Scrooge's restaurant in Twilight Town adds in a Karaoke machine where we sing as different characters

Somnus cealum

Awards
Does someone want a challenge? If so, could someone who can edit songs mashup Jesse McCartney (Roxas) and Meaghan Jette Martin's (Naminé) versions of "When You Wish Upon A Star"?
I would but I'm terrible and don't have a lot of time lol

(Perhaps even turn it into an AMV? :O)
i like that theres more proof for roxnami lol

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
If they do have any musical numbers from Frozen 2 I hope they do something more creative than how they handled "Let it Go".

As for the OC characters singing I could see it working if it's like a fun minigame. Maybe Scrooge's restaurant in Twilight Town adds in a Karaoke machine where we sing as different characters
I would love "Show Yourself" used in a dual way. After a boss fight with the Water Spirit, Elsa and Sora enter the cavern. Elsa sees her mother and the stuff from the film, while Sora gets a vision of Yozora/MoM/whoever is relevant to the main plot. Elsa is empowered, while Sora is frightened by what he saw. Elsa comforts Sora, then they proceed to the last segment of the Frozen II world.

I would HATE if they wasted a song slot for "Into The Unknown". Trash!

disney233

Awards
I would love "Show Yourself" used in a dual way. After a boss fight with the Water Spirit, Elsa and Sora enter the cavern. Elsa sees her mother and the stuff from the film, while Sora gets a vision of Yozora/MoM/whoever is relevant to the main plot. Elsa is empowered, while Sora is frightened by what he saw. Elsa comforts Sora, then they proceed to the last segment of the Frozen II world.

I would HATE if they wasted a song slot for "Into The Unknown". Trash!
It's Disney we're talking about, and Into the Unknown is what Let it Go is: basically the song advertised to death that it may as well be its anthem. Odds are...they will.

palizinhas

Awards
I feel like a huge part of why Into the Unknown was so pushed was because (as shown in the Frozen 2 Making Of) it took so long for the crew to nail Show Yourself it was almost cut from the movie. But the final form of it ended up winning people over more than Into the Unknown did, from what I saw online when the movie first came out.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I feel like a huge part of why Into the Unknown was so pushed was because (as shown in the Frozen 2 Making Of) it took so long for the crew to nail Show Yourself it was almost cut from the movie. But the final form of it ended up winning people over more than Into the Unknown did, from what I saw online when the movie first came out.

It's still the favored song. It's so ridiculous Disney pushed for "Into the Unknown"as their Oscar song over "Show Yourself".

Anyways, yes it is the one people prefer. It's also the one aspect of the film most people actually enjoy.

pastel.goblin

Awards
Oooh yes a musical~! It'd be corny as heck and I'd love it. Let It Go was fine in KH3 I guess? It felt shoehorned in, but SDG awkwardly out of place in the background was hilarious

Somnus cealum

Awards
I loved KH2 Atlantica because they improved the swimming controls and they had 3 good songs to play - Part of Your World, Under The Sea, and Ursula's Revenge. I wish they added more songs from the actual film instead of the crap original ones.

I like Let It Go as a song, but I hated that it was shoved into KH with absolutely no meaning. Well, actually, that was Sora's way of "getting to know Elsa", too bad they were like miles apart when it happened. I wouldn't mind them using the actual songs from the films in the game, if the situation actually called for it. "I See The Light" would have worked PERFECTLY in KH3, especially because they got the lantern scene to look so good. "Immortals" would have been great for the scene where they're all in the lab getting improvements. They didn't even need to do the full song, a snippet or instrumental would work, like Beauty and the Beast in Beast's Castle.

I think in KH IV they can have Kairi get a solo in the middle of the game, kind of like 1000 Words in FFX2. I'm not sure if I want it to be a cover of an Utada song or an original, but I think Kairi should definitely sing something - maybe she'll have a solo in Melody of Memory?

If they do feature more songs from films, I really hope it's for an actual purpose that results in a meaningful feeling afterwards. Sora's reaction to Let It Go was mine - "Wow, I don't know what that was, but wow".
that would be awsome. maybe sora and kairi can sing how much they love eachother.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
that would be awsome. maybe sora and kairi can sing how much they love eachother.
If they did sing about how much they love each other, I would want it to be either a very natural setting. For example: They're hanging out with the Twilight Town crew in the bistro that just so happened to add a karaoke machine featuring Disney songs. Roxas nudges Sora to go up and sing (he hints that he was part of Sora, so he knows how he feels about Kairi). Sora and Kairi go up and they sing "You'll Be In My Heart" (since Tarzan's world will never return, why not use what Disney CAN use). Or it can be a dual-performance across worlds: Like Sora is in Shibuya and Kairi is attending to her duties as queen of Radiant Garden, then they both look up at the night sky and start singing "When You Wish Upon A Star".

Foxycian

Awards
I will probably say I don’t want to see that happen, kingdom hearts is supposed to be a 50% Square enix (final fantasy) and 50% Disney, but with kingdom hearts 3 I felt like the Disney part was dominated which I don’t exactly dislike but doesn’t mean I like seeing it like this all the time, adding singing will make kingdom hearts look like a full Disney game instead of Square And Disney and I don’t know how to feel about that.

disney233

Awards
I will probably say I don’t want to see that happen, kingdom hearts is supposed to be a 50% Square enix (final fantasy) and 50% Disney, but with kingdom hearts 3 I felt like the Disney part was dominated which I don’t exactly dislike but doesn’t mean I like seeing it like this all the time, adding singing will make kingdom hearts look like a full Disney game instead of Square And Disney and I don’t know how to feel about that.
Truth be told, since the beginning it felt completely more like a Disney game than a combination between both. It's honestly just been more like a Disney game with Square cameos for the lols. At the same time, I can also acknowledge that the Square cameos are what gave Kingdom Hearts life as well...Maybe Nomura should consider that instead of letting the fans tell him to LIKE WHAT HAPPENED WITH RE:MIND.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I only really would have accepted a swinging showtune of Ansem seducing Riku into the dark side, with Shadows and Soldiers snapping their fingers from the darkness. A true villain song.

Yoko Shimomura is a godsend for KH, but I sincerely doubt her ability to write American sounding showtunes.

Foxycian

Awards
Truth be told, since the beginning it felt completely more like a Disney game than a combination between both. It's honestly just been more like a Disney game with Square cameos for the lols. At the same time, I can also acknowledge that the Square cameos are what gave Kingdom Hearts life as well...Maybe Nomura should consider that instead of letting the fans tell him to LIKE WHAT HAPPENED WITH RE:MIND.
Yea but still it’s thanks to Square the game is this popular, the characters, their Cool designs, their personalities, the soundtracks, the songs, the story, the adventure, the Gameplay, the serious stuff, that is all Square enix that’s what made kingdom hearts fun and enjoyable, the Disney stuff are great and it made the game even better, but i never saw the game as a Disney Game “since the beginning” like you say, from the beginning to me it is still a 50% Square and 50% Disney, tho I always saw it as square enix (claimed by Disney) characters adventuring In Disney worlds.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I had an idea for a post-KH3 Kairi game where she tries to renew her self-worth and improve her Princess power by visiting each of the New Seven Hearts. Turns out that the Hearts must be tempered with Light for them to earn the "Princess" title themselves, and to do that they must find their "heartsong" and find themselves. Cue reasons to have Frozen 2, Tangled TV show, Princess and the Frog, and Moana worlds in a game, as well as let Disney have their "Let it Go" type sequences of each Princess song.

Elsa: "Show Yourself", her getting her Spirit powers and accept herself
Ana: "The Next Right Thing", her deciding to destroy the dam and choose to do good even without her sister
Moana: "How Far I'll Go", her finding the Heart of Tafiti and leading her people back to the ocean
Rapunzel: Not sure what songs are in the tangled show but I'm sure one could be rather appropriate. I do know the Cassandra arc is apparently really good.
Tiana: "Almost There", and finding what she really needs in life

I couldn't think of who would be the seventh. I thought maybe Vanellope, but I don't think Ralph Breaks the Internet could work very well in Kingdom Hearts (the Disney references wouldn't make much sense) and her song is... ehh.

Either way, all of this would play alongside Kairi's visits, and would lead her to getting her own song at the end. Maybe one in defiance of whoever/whatever the antagonist is. Maybe it's the Fortellers, trying to claim the duty of "protecting the light" as theirs while denigrating the Princesses to stay in their fancy castles and such. Kairi says, no, screw that, and summons all of the Princesses in open rebellion of the Fortellers and the "world order". Her keyblade becomes the Keyblade of Heart from KH1, but actually complete, and she shows she can take on the Fortellers and not have to rely on Sora alone.

Idk, thought that sounded kinda cool xD As of Melody of Memory I doubt any of that will happen though.

Somnus cealum

Awards
If they did sing about how much they love each other, I would want it to be either a very natural setting. For example: They're hanging out with the Twilight Town crew in the bistro that just so happened to add a karaoke machine featuring Disney songs. Roxas nudges Sora to go up and sing (he hints that he was part of Sora, so he knows how he feels about Kairi). Sora and Kairi go up and they sing "You'll Be In My Heart" (since Tarzan's world will never return, why not use what Disney CAN use). Or it can be a dual-performance across worlds: Like Sora is in Shibuya and Kairi is attending to her duties as queen of Radiant Garden, then they both look up at the night sky and start singing "When You Wish Upon A Star".
that sounds great

Somnus cealum

Awards
I had an idea for a post-KH3 Kairi game where she tries to renew her self-worth and improve her Princess power by visiting each of the New Seven Hearts. Turns out that the Hearts must be tempered with Light for them to earn the "Princess" title themselves, and to do that they must find their "heartsong" and find themselves. Cue reasons to have Frozen 2, Tangled TV show, Princess and the Frog, and Moana worlds in a game, as well as let Disney have their "Let it Go" type sequences of each Princess song.

Elsa: "Show Yourself", her getting her Spirit powers and accept herself
Ana: "The Next Right Thing", her deciding to destroy the dam and choose to do good even without her sister
Moana: "How Far I'll Go", her finding the Heart of Tafiti and leading her people back to the ocean
Rapunzel: Not sure what songs are in the tangled show but I'm sure one could be rather appropriate. I do know the Cassandra arc is apparently really good.
Tiana: "Almost There", and finding what she really needs in life

I couldn't think of who would be the seventh. I thought maybe Vanellope, but I don't think Ralph Breaks the Internet could work very well in Kingdom Hearts (the Disney references wouldn't make much sense) and her song is... ehh.

Either way, all of this would play alongside Kairi's visits, and would lead her to getting her own song at the end. Maybe one in defiance of whoever/whatever the antagonist is. Maybe it's the Fortellers, trying to claim the duty of "protecting the light" as theirs while denigrating the Princesses to stay in their fancy castles and such. Kairi says, no, screw that, and summons all of the Princesses in open rebellion of the Fortellers and the "world order". Her keyblade becomes the Keyblade of Heart from KH1, but actually complete, and she shows she can take on the Fortellers and not have to rely on Sora alone.

Idk, thought that sounded kinda cool xD As of Melody of Memory I doubt any of that will happen though.
for rapunzel its 'the wind in my hair. and elsas sisters, her name is anna.

Grey Skies

Awards
After playing Atlantica in KH2 as a kid and again as a teenager, I wanted there to be no more singing in KH ever aside from the theme songs and the chanting in songs like Destati. For a long time I wanted the series to distance itself from Disney and kid-friendly stuff, but now I think that Disney is an inherent and valuable half of KH, right alongside the Square Enix soap opera half, so bring on the singing. I want finny fun one minute and juicy drama the next.

I'd laugh my ass off though if the whole cast sang Destati in Disney Castle.

Back