• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Singing in kingdom hearts?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Somnus cealum

Awards
I thought of this and since i love disney (ALOT) and disney has a lot of singalongs, i wonder if all the main characters could sing a original song of there own. would it be cool that maybe kh4 we have more singing from worlds and main characters? I loved that they had let it go in kh3. if in kh4 we get frozen 2, i hope the songs be into the unknown, show yourself, and the next right thing.

okhi12

Awards
I wouldn't mind it, but KH2 Atlantica wasn't well received by the fanbase... I kinda liked it because turtle Goofy and octopus Donald singing and dancing was priceless but I can see why some found it to be a bit (a lot) cringy.
Let it go being featured in KH3 also received a lot of criticism but that's more likely due to the detractors of the movie who think it's overrated than the fact the song was actually shoehorned into the game.

The idea of main characters singing together makes me want Riku and Terra singing a ballad while Demyx plays the guitar, lol.

Thanks Clue.less for reminding me that I haven't seen Coco yet! I have to.

Somnus cealum

Awards
I wouldn't mind it, but KH2 Atlantica wasn't well received by the fanbase... I kinda liked it because turtle Goofy and octopus Donald singing and dancing was priceless but I can see why some found it to be a bit (a lot) cringy.
Let it go being featured in KH3 also received a lot of criticism but that's more likely due to the detractors of the movie who think it's overrated than the fact the song was actually shoehorned into the game.

The idea of main characters singing together makes me want Riku and Terra singing a ballad while Demyx plays the guitar, lol.

Thanks Clue.less for reminding me that I haven't seen Coco yet! I have to.
i agree. and the riku and terra idea of singing sounds cool

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I would love musical stuff, but I just don't want HJO to sing xD No offense to the man, he's talented and great, but him doing his Sora voice + singing = me wanting to cry even if it is charming.

But I have never been against the musical aspect of the series. I just think Atlantica was crap because of the awful songs.

welken

Awards
My idea of an ideal Kingdom Hearts game does indeed feature at least a couple original songs. Utada writing all the songs would be amazing, and she could even voice a character who sings in both the Japanese and English versions of the game. If not her, getting Alan Menken to contribute would be something. Maybe even Danny Elfman, you never know. Or someone like Lana Del Rey, who's worked with Disney a few times now and does a lot of original songs for soundtracks. Shimomura does not sound like she enjoys writing vocal numbers very much going by her interviews, that's why I'm even mentioning anyone else.
The game I'm imagining is, let's say, a new worldline reboot, so different voice actors and a story that stands on its own like a fairy tale. There should be at least one boss who sings while you fight them, like Ursula but scarier and not a minigame. Riku, or the equivalent rival character, needs a tormented heartbreaking ballad.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I agree KH2 Atlantica's songs sucked. They should've just used the film songs (and the film recordings, period, like they did with "Let It Go" in KH3, since even Benson's version of "Part of Your World" in 2 sounded a bit off for some reason?) I'm not sure how they fumbled. I would love a musical world version of Agrabah or Halloween Town actually--both those films have great soundtracks. And maybe a minigame that was a little more challenging than Atlantica's was.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Despite Atlantica, I would actually enjoy a KH musical. Most of the main cast VA's can sing and Kingdom Hearts is already full of corny cheese fluff that singing would ft right in. I want it. Heck, I'd love a musical retelling of the series with the characters all singing their angst, drama, and stories. Give me Xemnas singing to the Kingdom Hearts moon his eternal devotion to it.

LBJENmariposa

Does someone want a challenge? If so, could someone who can edit songs mashup Jesse McCartney (Roxas) and Meaghan Jette Martin's (Naminé) versions of "When You Wish Upon A Star"?
I would but I'm terrible and don't have a lot of time lol

(Perhaps even turn it into an AMV? :O)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Jesse Mc. will kill it. Y'all remember Masked Singer.

200.gif

Back