• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Simple And Clean + Hikari (Ray of Hope Mix) [MASHUP]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlisGelida

Hi all! I'd like to share with you this MashUp I made with both the new versions of Simple And Clean and Hikari (Ray of Hope MIX). I kept the quality from the original source (the english and japanese trailers) and tuned up the volume without getting any distortion from it making two different mixes (Simple And Clean - My Edit & Hikari - My Edit) and as last move, I made a MashuUp with them.

Hope you enjoy my mix! Here is the link to the track:

[video=youtube;wJO9GcZjA5k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJO9GcZjA5k[/video]

Caxinuld

Awards
In mashups, I don't really like parts that play both vocal lines at once. It's like trying to listen to two different people at once in a conversation and it sounds really cluttered.

Muke

whatever
Awards
In mashups, I don't really like parts that play both vocal lines at once. It's like trying to listen to two different people at once in a conversation and it sounds really cluttered.
Yeah, this.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I think the tracks were synched fairly well, and I actually don't have a problem with vocals being overlayed for texture or harmony or whatever, but in this case it just happens to be a little distracting. I have heard someone's take on the Planet B Mix that included both the Japanese and English taking turns more like a duet, and I liked it! Some of my friends still thought that switching languages detracted from the experience, but I liked it.

Anyways this is art and art is subjective blah blah blah, but there's already so much going on with this remix that I think the two languages just compete with eachother to be processed by one's earholes. Neat concept though.

Last edited:

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I admire the effort, but I agree that the doubling of the vocal tracks makes it hard to listen to. It sort of destroys the rest for me, but I think you've got a nice idea. Keep working at it!

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I really like the chorus parts! I think the layering of the vocal tracks sounds nice; rather than distracting, I thought there was a neat bit of interplay with the original Japanese melody sort of countering the English track. My first thought was actually that they could do something similar to this for KH3 if no new song was forthcoming since it would be sort of symbolic.

The verses do get a bit cluttered with the different vocals because they don't quite synchronize and, to me, it starts to feel like the beat is trying to play catch up.

Other than that, though, I think it's a lot of fun. This remix continues to scream hype.

AlisGelida

Thank you all for the feedback. I'll keep in mind your impressions to make something better next time, but remember that MashUp works like this! You are going to listen two different tracks synched in one, so yeah. You could get confuse for this, but some people like this kind of music anyways.

Unfortunately I failed to sync the tracks in a bit of ways due to the software I was using... Sony Vegas. I didn't got yet FL Studio or kinda, so I was limited by the fact that the english and japanese version have slightly different electronic base and I couldn't make any miracle with a video editing program :<.

Anyway, thanks again buddies ♥

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back