• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Silent Hill

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

sealightbreeze

Bronze Member
Has anyone seen the new Silent Hill movie yet? My entire family went to see this movie. We were expecting it to be a great horror movie- but it was a big flop in our opinion instead. It had nothing to do at all with the game, and it was really confusing. :(

dejah

:|
lol.. i havent watched it yet... so i can't really judge,

but the trailer looks awesome.

Valentine

almost human.
That, my dear, is where your wrong. Silent Hill had all to do with the games. It was just that instead of completely copying any four of them, they took pieces of the first three games and constructed an entirely new entity. The church that was protected from the Darkness? That was the alternate of the cult in the games. The police officer Cybil Bennet? The exact same police officer in the first game. There is also Alessa and Dahlia, and the Patients, and the Nurses, and the Red Pyramid and it's Great Knife. Midwich Elementary School is also from the game, and the town itself of Silent Hill is an almost exact copy of the "second layer" of Silent Hill, "Foggy Silent Hill". I agree with you on one thing though, it was a bit confusing. But isn't that the exact same factor in all the Silent Hill plots that true players have come to know and love? Yes, Silent Hill wasn't a straight-forward, dopple-ganger of any game. But that just shows great creativity in being able to take one or two pieces of the games and make something new.

dejah

omg they did...

f*ck.. that's as butchered as Resident Evil..

meh why couldn't they just stick to an adaptation of the first one. >.<

Naiyo

Website
naiyo.livejournal.com
Im happy they didnt fallow the game exactly, cause it woldnt have been surprising, wouldnt have made you think
I did however really like that they re did all the same music and places like in the game. I didnt want it to copy the game, thats why I think movies get messed up when trying to be based off of games.
I personaly really like it
They did a great job with it I think considering the high standards that the game set for them to meet.
just my opinion thou
spoilers in white below just in case

I was also wondering when you thought she "died" cause rose didnt make it out of silent hill, or what do you think happened. I think she really died in the car acsident, same with the cop but then someone asked me "where did their bodies go?" and I laughed cause yah...I dono what did you think -_o;

dejah

if it turns out like Resident Evil turned out. then it would suck. -_-

i prefer loylty to the games.

either create a whole new storyline based on the game... or stick to the game storyline.

the whole using this idea and that idea from here and there kinda puts me off. but this is just IMO.

dejah

*phew*

well then it's not a total failure then.

i love the Silent Hill music. i think it's excellent that they kept it. xD

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
What the hell are you talking about? The movie's easily the best game adaptation to date, in both quality and loyalty to the games, and one of the greatest horror films since the Shining. It's aim is not to be frightning, however, that's why the film is paced so slowly, no, it's meant to be disturbing. I admit things become a bit too fast when Pyramid Head makes his cameo appearances, but the way in which he maims and mauls things is simply so cinimatic and eerie that it easily compensates.
9/10 stars for this one.
~Fenris Etheral

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
dejah said:
*phew*

i love the Silent Hill music. i think it's excellent that they kept it. xD
AKira Yamaoka. He released a CD (a good CD... iFUTURELIST!), and he's going to exibit his acoustic SIlent Hill music at a concert in Chicago... 45 miles away from my house.

And also notice how Konami is actually on the development of this movie. Any Capcom in Resident Evil? NO.

sealightbreeze

Bronze Member
All I know, is that half way through, half of the audience in the jam-packed theatre all got up, and left. It did a bad job here this weekend. Not that many people were pleased around here. :(

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
All I know, is that half way through, half of the audience in the jam-packed theatre all got up, and left. It did a bad job here this weekend. Not that many people were pleased around here.
No one left my theatre, and half the people who had come gave it a standing ovation. It did really fricking well here.
~Fenris Etheral

dejah

Fenris Etheral said:
What the hell are you talking about? The movie's easily the best game adaptation to date, in both quality and loyalty to the games, and one of the greatest horror films since the Shining. It's aim is not to be frightning, however, that's why the film is paced so slowly, no, it's meant to be disturbing. I admit things become a bit too fast when Pyramid Head makes his cameo appearances, but the way in which he maims and mauls things is simply so cinimatic and eerie that it easily compensates.
9/10 stars for this one.
~Fenris Etheral

i was comparing it to the Resident Evil movies ;)
didnt mean it that way.xD

unknown_boy

Where's my fluffy?!!
Right, i'm leaving on the roads that lead to my fl
It was good to me, and very disturbing. My type of movie. Even though it didn't really follow the game, neither did Resident Evil, but look how it turned out. I liked it, but i would say that it is in my golden closet of Horror moives. I'd say it is in my Silver Closet

Valentine

almost human.
It was a bit scary, but it wasn't something that could keep you up at night. It was very gory though, and it really had that engimatic-plot feel to it. No one left my thearte, and they gave it a standing ovation as well. In fact, people stayed for the ending credits in hopes of more material afterwards. Even if people did leave, that shows alot of disrespect.

sealightbreeze

Bronze Member
The exact meaning of the ending is unclear. It may be implied that Rose, Sharon, and Cybil were all dead from the moment they crashed, and the final scene features Rose and Sharon "returning home." Christopher wakes up from a fitful sleep to find the house empty; the front door is open, but Rose's car is absent from the driveway. However, this scenario is unlikely as Rose's car was found earlier by police, devoid of any bodies.

Alternatively Rose and Sharon may not be dead but instead be trapped in the dream world created by demon Alessa. At the end of the church scene when the cultists are being cut down like wheat Rose tells Sharon to shield her eyes from the horrors (see no evil). Sharon, overcome by temptation, looks into the eyes of the "Demon" (Evil Alessa) in that scene. This fits into the overall concept of movie because the Evil Alessa corrupts the last good part of Alessa (which is Sharon). Afterwords she appears to act strangly, and her eyes seem to "open" as the bridge appears out of town, over the chasm that was there before (almost as if implying that she willed it into existence). The hazy dreamlike cloud (fog) in the "dream" Silent Hill is still present the entire time, perhaps implying that they are still in the dream world Alessa created. This is supported by the fact that there are no people present anywhere after they leave the town. This may also explain why Christopher is able to sense her as if she were just on the edge of reality. Rose and Sharon, despite having left the physical town of Silent Hill, are still trapped in Silent Hill.

Valentine

almost human.
You got that definision off Wikipedia. And what did that have to do with what we were talking about?

Valentine

almost human.
They're alive, just still in Alessa's dream because Sharon opened her eyes when the Demon was approaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back