• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Silent Hill: Revelations

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ip Man

IIIIZAAAAAYAAAAA
Silent Hill: Revelation 3D is based on the acclaimed survival horror videogame franchise by KONAMI and is the sequel to Hadida and Carmody’s earlier Silent Hill directed by Christophe Gans. For years, Heather Mason (Clemens) and her father have been on the run, always one step ahead of dangerous forces that she doesn’t fully understand. Now on the eve of her 18th birthday, plagued by terrifying nightmares and the disappearance of her father, Heather discovers she's not who she thinks she is. The revelation leads her deeper into a demonic world that threatens to trap her in Silent Hill forever.

UPDATE: Silent Hill: Revelation 3D Starts Casting - First Image of Adelaide Clemens as Heather Mason | Horror Movie, DVD, & Book Reviews, News, Interviews at Dread Central

Ip Man

IIIIZAAAAAYAAAAA
210fz37.jpg

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
Way too cool. Heather's my favorite protagonist in the series, and it looks like they're doing her right. And the first Silent Hill is one of the best video game movies out there, imo. I hope they do even better with this one.

Salty the Hero

self loafer
Awards
Doesn't look too bad. I appreciate the fact they're using classic SH music too.

But I don't understand why they're taking things from Silent Hill 2 and putting it in this movie. The nurses and Pyramid Head were explicitly drawn from James' psyche. Seems odd considering this is a movie based off of Silent Hill 3.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
They were both in the last movie, which wasn't about James. So there's some clear differences between this version of the Silent Hill world, and the video game's. I don't mind that they're in this as long as they don't forget some of the classic enemies that came from 3.

Salty the Hero

self loafer
Awards
They were both in the last movie, which wasn't about James. So there's some clear differences between this version of the Silent Hill world, and the video game's. I don't mind that they're in this as long as they don't forget some of the classic enemies that came from 3.

Oh. I thought this was a reboot. Makes sense then.

For The King

I am seeing this first day. SH3 was the best game in the series, and this looks to be a great adaption of the story.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

Differences that don't really seem to have much of a purpose, but it's like whatever. Seeing Pyramid Head was nice but without his symbolism attached just kind of makes the whole thing pretty superficial. I get that it's an "adaptation" but one reason Silent Hill was popular was because of these layers. Though there may be something to his appearance in the movie, but I'm unaware if it was anything significant.

But! I am liking some of the things I'm seeing in Revelations.

Last edited:

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I enjoyed the first movie I suppose but I disliked the fact that Harry Mason wasn't the protagonist, especially considering how weak the director's reason was. He said he thought he was a feminine person anyways. Haha, yeah I suppose a father caring about his father enough to look for her = feminine.

It was an alright movie, it didn't feel long enough though. And the cult acted way over the top.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards

But you lose the reason why these monsters look as they do. It is like Konami just putting Nurses in every damn game for no reason. The movies just want the horror and blood. They don't care to add the whole psyche of the game, which makes Silent Hill so damn unique.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I'd just like to know where Heather comes from in SH's movie-verse. I haven't seen the first movie for a very long time, but as I recall Chris only had his adopted daughter Sharon and his wife Rose was stuck in SH at the end of the movie... so how the fuck did he get Heather?

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
I was wondering that too. I'm hoping it's explained, but I'm betting Sharon is Heather.

But you lose the reason why these monsters look as they do. It is like Konami just putting Nurses in every damn game for no reason. The movies just want the horror and blood. They don't care to add the whole psyche of the game, which makes Silent Hill so damn unique.

I like to think that there's some things molded by the person's psyche, and some things that are ever present. And considering how iconic Pyramid Head and the nurses are, I don't mind if they're what's ever present.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
I was wondering that too. I'm hoping it's explained, but I'm betting Sharon is Heather.

Oh if they're following the games, there's no doubt about that. The whole thing is just weird because supposedly Sharon got stuck in the "otherworld".

I like to think that there's some things molded by the person's psyche, and some things that are ever present. And considering how iconic Pyramid Head and the nurses are, I don't mind if they're what's ever present.

The nurses are the only ones that may have a reasonable explanation for it, but they could've easily included Valtiel in this one over Pyramid Head. In fact they should've.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
That's sort of not official. I used quotations because in the games there's hardly a reference to that being another dimension. Then again I never played anything after 3 except for Shattered Memories.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
That's sort of a fan name and not official. I used quotations because in the games there's hardly a reference to that being another world. Then again I never played anything after 3 except for Shattered Memories.

IIRC the director of the Silent Hill movie stated that the films continuity worked with alternate dimensions. The games don't say spell this out though, its up to interpretation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back