• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Signature of the Week Addition

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Manchester Black

Famous for Nothing
Awards
If you're using the KHI Ultimate skin (the only skin it currently works on), you may notice a new block at the very top, which displays an image and some information. That is a new Signature of the Week mod we've installed that will record every SotW from the very beginning til the very end so that everyone has a chance to view some of the fine graphics this forums members have produced. Just about every entry from # 2 to the most recent (#76) has been entered into the database (aside from the few that were missing pictures), so now you may see them all in their full glory.

Those of you NOT using KHI Ultimate, I suggest switching over long enough to check out this mod. It's really cool.

Big thanks to Imran, for installing this, and then working out the kinks, and for DG, for working with him :).

digital gopher

lock the gates
Awards
Website
www.ea.com
Re: Signature of the Week mod.

It works on KHI Lite too. It should be on all the skins by the end of the week :)

Josh

Silver Member

Finally! Gosh it took you guys long enough to get one xP

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

And yet somehow, it gives a feeling of enlightment to the forums whenever I go on the homepage.

Yeah, it's like "Oh, no one posted in my thread yet and....OOOH! Sparkely signature! Cool.":thumbup:

It really is a cool sig.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Winners of SOTW deserve more recognition. Hopefully its an encouragement to take more part in graphics.

M

Mooshoo

bear in mind that all signatures posted there are at risk of being ripped =/

But cool addition nonetheless.

Guile

Winners of SOTW deserve more recognition. Hopefully its an encouragement to take more part in graphics.
Honestly, I don't think this would make much difference. Perhaps some will try harder to get up there, and some will participate in the SOTWs more frequently, but I'd bet you see the same circle of people winning.
bear in mind that all signatures posted there are at risk of being ripped =/

But cool addition nonetheless.

A good point, but with it wide known there's also a greater chance for them to be caught by the general public of the forum.

Some may not care, some may not know that it's against the rules, but it may reduce the chance of it being stolen.

All in all, a nice addition.

Manchester Black

Famous for Nothing
Awards
What a great way to promote ripping to random newbs who come into the forums and think it's ok to take something pretty like that. >_>

That's exactly why it's up there, Dogen. Because, you know, we promote ripping and haven't been handing out three month bans as punishment for such things.

There's not much more fear of tags being ripped from the top of the forums as there was with them being ripped from the Wall of Fame thread in the SotW board. It takes NOTHING for someone to look around the forum, see a nice tag, and take it. Where it's placed in the forum doesn't matter. You ALWAYS run the risk of having your work stolen when you post it on the internet. Does that stop people from posting their work? No. Why should it stop us from showing off some of the excellent work done by our members, and honoring the Signature of the Week winners? It shouldn't and it won't.

Halibel

??Storm??
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Yeah when I first came on I was like, "WHAT THE HECK IS THAT???" then I saw it was signature of the week. Cool addition.

Lunar Knight

American Person
The word "excellent" is misspelled when hovering over the Administrator's Rating.

Not that important but it does bug me a little. <_<

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
That's exactly why it's up there, Dogen. Because, you know, we promote ripping and haven't been handing out three month bans as punishment for such things.

No no noo lol. What I mean is that ripping is more likely this way xD

However, one question, can forum guests see the Signature of the Week? I suggest if they can, that you don't allow that. Then anybody that can type in "forums.khinsider.com" would be able to save and rip any sig premiered up there. Just a thought.

Xidon

Not highscoring in life
I just love this, great addition to the forum :D

Dogenzaka said:
However, one question, can forum guests see the Signature of the Week? I suggest if they can, that you don't allow that. Then anybody that can type in "forums.khinsider.com" would be able to save and rip any sig premiered up there. Just a thought.

Yes they can see it.
Your idea won't affect the ripping much, but it could stop a few people so I think the mods/admins should really think about removing it for the guests.

digital gopher

lock the gates
Awards
Website
www.ea.com
-It's on all the skins now
-Guests cannot see it, you have to be logged in
-It says "Signature of the Week" instead of "SOTW"

Ryu

an obscene gesture
Guile said:
Honestly, I don't think this would make much difference. Perhaps some will try harder to get up there, and some will participate in the SOTWs more frequently, but I'd bet you see the same circle of people winning.

For the first few weeks/months, of course, because it's more likely that the experienced people will win the SotW than ones who've only just started participating. But ultimately the goal of this addition (and other SotW promotions) is to give more people motivation to start practicing and enter. Leading to those people eventually having an increasingly bigger chance to win. Everyone has to start out somewhere, this is just more incentive for those people to start trying.

Anyway, this addition has my blessing also, because I like it.

Back