• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

'Signature of Dreams'

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

FangirlfromHell

Awards
I designed this initially as a PSP wallpaper for myself because I love Terra and these are my two favorite Dream Eaters.
tumblr_na26veoiaQ1suolgeo1_500.jpg

If anyone has any background ideas for it please share them here. Just bear in mind it must fit the character and the dreameaters are permanent fixtures.

Version 2:
tumblr_na63n2u9vr1suolgeo2_500.jpg

Version 3 (hopefully final):
tumblr_na63n2u9vr1suolgeo3_500.jpg

Last edited:

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
It's....not terrable, but definitely needs work,mostly with the blending and overall effects — Or rather lack thereof. I don't know what program you're using to make this, but whichever it is, I highly suggest reading up on some tutorials just to get an idea of how to make your work more aesthetically pleasing. I know you're just starting out, but I do hope you stick around with this hobby of making tags and avatars or anything of the like. It's always wonderful to see new blood in DM.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
If you go to the tutorials section you can find all sorts of tuts for photoshop. However, I have made a background tut, that you might be able to use. It's more for an intermediate level artist, but you could still glean something from it.

BackgrounTut_zpsf3b035bc.png~original

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
Your piece seems really unfinished and that is mostly due to the lack of background in the image. If you are stuck on making a background, just try messing around with some gradients or stick a texture on there. And as Nutari said, you can look at some tutorials on here but you can also check out some on deviantart as well.

Apart from the background, you really need to work on making everything work together in your wallpaper. If you're going to put effects like you've done on the dream eaters then you would need to do the same to Terra. They look out of place in comparison to each other. When using more than one character in a graphic you need to make it look like they both belong in the same image.

Anyway, it's a good start! I would love to see you hang out here more, and I would love to see what this would look like with a background.

FangirlfromHell

Awards
Your piece seems really unfinished and that is mostly due to the lack of background in the image. If you are stuck on making a background, just try messing around with some gradients or stick a texture on there. And as Nutari said, you can look at some tutorials on here but you can also check out some on deviantart as well.

Apart from the background, you really need to work on making everything work together in your wallpaper. If you're going to put effects like you've done on the dream eaters then you would need to do the same to Terra. They look out of place in comparison to each other. When using more than one character in a graphic you need to make it look like they both belong in the same image.

If you go to the tutorials section you can find all sorts of tuts for photoshop. However, I have made a background tut, that you might be able to use. It's more for an intermediate level artist, but you could still glean something from it.

It's....not terrable, but definitely needs work,mostly with the blending and overall effects — Or rather lack thereof. I don't know what program you're using to make this, but whichever it is, I highly suggest reading up on some tutorials just to get an idea of how to make your work more aesthetically pleasing. I know you're just starting out, but I do hope you stick around with this hobby of making tags and avatars or anything of the like. It's always wonderful to see new blood in DM.

Wow. Lots of feedback to respond to. I'll go in reverse order. The reason I did them separately was initially I wanted the dream eaters to be the background (and the texture I loved for them didn't work with the specific Terra render I wanted to use. My usual business is traditional drawing instead of photo manips. It means a lot that it's a decent start for a rookie though.

I'll see what I can do about making a new background. I already have to remake the file cause the original PSD went missing somewhere on my hard drive, lost to the DTD never to be seen again.

I love the pun. It makes me feel better about it honestly. I know it needs some work, particularly if I'd like to share it with the community. I use photoshop. I haven't met a tutorial I can follow cohesively sadly. I can read Lord of the Rings but I can't make heads to tails of photoshop tutorials. I may try to stick around, this project was excellent stress relief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back