• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Sideline Heroes -Kingdom Hearts [Chapter 2 Up]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AxelYoYo

RAWR
Awards
Sideline Heroes

For those who are wondering, this takes place 15 years after the events of Kingdom Hearts. Everyone is grown up. There are new people (ahem, OC'S) as well as recurring characters from the series. Square Enix owns KH, not me.

__

"Thinking of you, wherever you are
We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend
Now I will step forward to realize this wish
And who knows?
starting a new journey may not be so hard,
or maybe it has already begun
There are many worlds, but they share the same sky.
One sky, one destiny."

__

Dreams were always on top of my agenda of "What was important". Nothing else mattered except achieving them or letting them fall and crash on to the pavement below. I always went for the former. One part of my dreams was to train under the great Master Eraqus, a man of power and Light. But that was just my fairytale. He was long gone, destroyed by a man named Xehanort in the books. In the Land of Departure, there was a statue of him, marking his grave in the courtyard, where they'd built a large fountain around it in his honor. Everyday when I pass it, I just stare in awe at this guy, my idol. An idol I'd never meet.

My name's Rizu Wereback, Keyblade apprentice. Land of Departure has been my home...since forever. I was born here -my mom, Besella,- helped work the garden and cleaned up the training grounds. Not much of a job, but it got me here. My father died, since he himself was a Keyblade Master, and died in battle. At least his body was intact. I had apprently met him when I was around four years old. Then he up and went into battle with some rogue keyblade masters, losing to their great number. His grave sits in the Boneyard, where many Qualified Masters are buried after death if they wish.

He died when he was only twenty-two. I don't intend on clockin' out that early, thank you very much. I'm seventeen.

One of my other dreams: To meet him. That's the day I die, I suppose.

__

Since it was a Saturday, my day off for once, I got to just relax, sitting on my bedroom window, letting my feet dangle over the edge. I looked down. Man, it was a long way back down. It'd suck if I lost my balance. Holding my hand out, in a soft flash, there was my keyblade.

Clock Tower was its name. Not fancy or anything, but it looked pretty cool I suppose. The key part was in the shape of a clock, the black hands going off into pointed arrows that served as my main weaponary. Instead of numbers painted on the clock face, there were small triangles with a different colored sun in each of them. The neck, as I called it, was long and again, it ended in a a clock hand that I held in my hand. Gold spirals ran around the handle and neck as I twisted it around, sunlight catching on the glimmering blackness. The chain, a 1, dangled just by wrist.

In reality, I knew the beginning apprentices had really normal keyblades that didn't stick out. All the other "Master Qualifyiers" had amazing, beautiful blades that made my feelings turn green with envy.
I stared down at Master Eraqus's statue in the courtyard, thoughts swimming in my head. What will I do when I'm qualified? It never occured to me exactly. Maybe it was time to start--

Screams shattered down below by the statue. I didn't know what was happening until I saw the statue of Eraqus leaning forward. It landed with a loud crash, landing on several people. There were cloaked figures surrounding the back of the statue, although from my view, I couldn't see too well. Didn't matter though. I jumped up, pressing the button that unleashed my armor. Soon, I was Rizu in a black and gold suit, covering me from head to toe. Throwing my keyblade in the air, I jumped up, landing a 360, then plopped on two feet on to my blade, which had manifested itself into a Glider.

I flew down to the scene of the crime, seeng the glimmer of armored apprenticies and keyblades slashing. Woah! I skidded to a stop. Was that a chakram, I saw?! It's red rim bright and red as one cloaked figure slashed it around, hitting one guy straight in the chin, sending him flying backwards into the crushed statue. I went down as fast as I could, using the base of my Glider to smack the hooded enemy straight in the head. He staggered backwards, sending a blind chakram toward my head. I ducked, jumping off and landing next to the injured boy. I knew him: Rufus Almasy, a pain in the ass, but a Qualified Keyblade Master. He had a nasty looking wound in his chin and the chakram had cut straight through his armor!

I glanced back at the cloaked chakram holder. He was standing there, in the midst of the fight,staring at us. I felt shivers creeping down my spine: burning, hot shivers. Rufus groaned. "Rizu...the hell....?" his voice echoed softly as he attempted to sit up. I didn't say anything. The cloaked figure still stared. Was he smiling at me? I didn't know. I brought my keyblade up, holding it in a defensive form. He wouldn't come near me. He better not come near me.

"Rizu, watch..out!" I turned just in time to see a chakram land near my head, barely whisking my ear off. Flames licked the silver spikes. I noticed that this one was black, with small red lines connecting to each spoke. I growled loudly as I saw the person strutting towards us. I saw keyblades go against him, but he merely pushed them away with a fire spell that didn't look weak. "Get away from us, or I'll beat you dead!" I shouted at the incoming figure. His shoulders shook. Laughter.

Rising to my feet, I knocked the chakram on to the ground. The man raised one gloved hand and the chakram appeared in a flash of flames back in his hand. "Dead? I'm already dead, sweetheart."

"I don't give a damn! Get away!" I retorted. Rufus muttered something incohearable below me. His hand touched my calf. "Don't Rizu. Don't risk yourself." What was this annoying boy telling me?! Not to fight? The only reason I was mad was because of what they did to Eraqus's statue! Without another thought I blitzed towards the hooded man. He jumped out of the way, appearing behind me. I slid away from his incoming punch to the face and appeared behind him. I cast a blizzard spell, freezing his motions. In one mighty slash, I sent him backwards into a column and one unlucky bush. I watched his motionless body in the water, daring him to get up.

"Hey, you, look out behind--"

"What--" Oh my god! Scorching, hot flames slithered down my back, burning straight through my armor. I let out a scream, arching back furoiously. One arm around my waist kept me there, even though I struggled against it, it was like an iron pipe against my lower half. "Stop! Stop it!" I cast a weak blizzard spell, but it did nothing. The burning flames wouldn't leave, neither would the man who I had thought I'd kicked into the column. With one open eyed glance, I found out I didn't. Was it someone else? It couldn't be!

"How do you like that feeling? Want more?" his hand pressed harder against my lower back, sending more slithering burns up. I screamed louder. "I see." Then it was over. He dropped me and I ladned forward on my hands and knees, gasping for air. Thank the gods I wore a helmet. Otherwise, he'd see my tears dribbling down on the black surface.

"You...you bas...tard." I felt the burns oozing on my skin, blood was heavy in the small atmosphere around me. I shuddered heavily before falling to the cobblestones, my keyblade disappearing as my heart fell into a pool of despair and pain. My helmet was ripped off, revealing my tear-streaked face and black strands of hair stuck to my face. It was thrown aside as I felt cold, leather-clad fingers lift my face up. I looked up.

"Remember me sweetheart." I saw a glimmer of blood-red eyes. "Name's Xanze. I'll be watching you," he said in a low tone. Then was gone, placing my head none-too gently back on the pavement as I drifted off into nothingness.

AxelYoYo

RAWR
Awards
Re: Sideline Heroes -Kingdom Hearts

Only on here I have, no where else. I forgot my fanfiction accound PW XDD

AxelYoYo

RAWR
Awards

Yeah, I'm known for my stories :3

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

Wonder who this mystery chakram wielder is and I like it a lot so far. Kept me very interested in it too. I like how it ended.

AxelYoYo

RAWR
Awards

IT'S AXEL!! :D Nah, I kid. Ish not that fiery red head god. Unfortunately. T_T

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

Lol at first I thought that but after reading the description of the chakram and the damage it does. Plus the way the mystery chakram weilder sounded sadistic and was somewhat sadistic (like burning her back for example) is that Axel.

Not that Axel isn't like that slightly but still that's not Axel. To bad it isn't. Yet this new wielder intrigues me lol XD so I look quite forward to future chapters!

(looking over my post, I wonder if I made it sound confusing or not lol).

Gram

Banned
Awards

nice~

Clock Tower was its name. Not fancy or anything, but it looked pretty cool I suppose. The key part was in the shape of a clock, the black hands going off into pointed arrows that served as my main weaponary. Instead of numbers painted on the clock face, there were small triangles with a different colored sun in each of them. The neck, as I called it, was long and again, it ended in a a clock hand that I held in my hand. Gold spirals ran around the handle and neck as I twisted it around, sunlight catching on the glimmering blackness. The chain, a 1, dangled just by wrist.
...i want this keyblade >:3 email this to nomura!

Last edited:

AxelYoYo

RAWR
Awards

I'll draw it and post it on here. I just suck at drawing keyblades (or objects) of any kind, so it might look weird X)

__

"Ouch! Geez that stings!" I hiss, fisting the sheets into tight bundles as the Burn Heal is placed on my back. For the last two hours, I had been in the Imfimary, on my stomach, stuck in bed while Rufus treats my ravaged back. I learned that that man, Xanze, had burned all the way from the small of my back, to the center. It'd leave some nasty marks. Pretty sure I'll never show my back around again, in fear of troubling gossip. Greeat!

"Well it's your fault, Rizu. Who got in a fight with a hooded man? Oh, that was you!" he remarked nastily, applying the ice-cold medicine on another large mark. I screamed into the pillows, muffling it throughout the almost full office. I look up from my pillow, tears edging on to the corners of my eyes. I wanna cry so badly! It hurts my heart --and pride-- to say this, but dear god, how I wish I was dead!

"Shut up! I was defending you!, stupid! If it wasn't for me, you'd be a scorched dot in the pavement!" I retorted back, twisting my head to glare at him. His angry blue eyes met mine as he applied more of the Burn Heal, rubbing it harder on the scarring marks. I hissed angrily, as well as painfully, while he finished. "Sit up," he ordered, pulling me roughly into a sitting position. My wrist cracked underneath his firm grip. I stared up scornfully at him as he wrapped bandages around me, reaching in close to wrap the bandages and tape them to my ribs. He had one white bandage on his chin and a single bruise beneath his eye, along with a scratch. His usual dirty blond hair was disheveled and I noticed that he was quiet for once. Pain in the ass Rufus Almasy was quiet? Ha!

"Like what you see?" he smirked. Never mind. Not quiet.

"In your dreams, Almasy." I replied, keeing my shirt at bay, careful to not reveal anything unnecessary. Rufus finishes off the bandaging and stands up, brushing his hands together. He gathered up his supplies, stuffed them in a medical kit, then turned to me. I gently pushed my shirt down over the white bandages. "Thanks."

"Hmmph. Don't be so reckless next time." Rufus closed the curtains around my bed, his footsteps fading away. I glared after him, resting lazily against the pillows. The small curtain, enclosed room left me feeling cluastriphobic. I searched for my clothes and I saw them folded on a chair nearby. I pulled the white nightgown off, threw it carelessly on the bed and hastily threw my clothes back on, careful to avoid the still-stinging burns.

"Xanze...I need to find out who he is." I said quietly to myself as I pulled the boots on, brushing some hair back.

"Miss Rizu? Are you decent?" A quiet voice said outside the curtains. "Yeah, I'm about ready to leave." I call back to the voice. A Medic, I knew her as Lillith Treppe, entered, looking flustered as usual. She was really shy and din't talk to a lot of people, except other Medics and several apprentices. "Master Almasy wants you to take these Burn Heals. He thinks you're in 'dire need' of them," she said with a small, laughing smile. I roll my eyes. Worrier. Did he think I could not take care of myself? "Thanks, Lillith. Thank him...nicely for me." I smile and walk past her.

"I'll--I'll try!" she said, pushing her blond hair behind her ear. The Infimary was half-empty, only filled with some badly slashed up people. One of the curtains were pulled aside and I noticed someone inside. My eyes widened. "Ryan? What the hell happened to you?" I asked, holding the curtains aside to his small room. Two green eyes met my own light, brown ones as he stared intently at me. "This bastard fired off a thunder spell, following it up with a dangerously strong Fira. Hurt like a mother, I tell you."

Man, did it seem like it. His whole right arm was singed, wrapped with popped veins, scarred skin, and red, red, red. A flash of anger flared in my mind. Xanze. It had to be that guy. I mean, he seemed to be an extreme fire-user. "Sucks. I'm sorry. Will you be all right?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine," he smiled. Ryan Almasy was Rufus's nicer, much more manner-full older brother. He looked like Rufus, but had a darker shade of blond hair and instead of light blue eyes, they bordered on an indigo color. He wore armor that shared the color of his eyes, with splotches of gray and light blue, and he was also Qualified. The Almasy brothers were great, and powerful, people in the Land of Departure, meant to be treated with the utmost respect. But me and Ryan were practically siblings ourselves, so I had some rights to treat him as I would.

"What happened to you, Rizu? I heard from Rufus you got burned pretty bad." Ryan asked, worriedly eyeing me. I shrugged.

"Just a burn. Not that bad."

"Right, and burns don't fly. I'm not stupid. C'mon, lemme see it."

"It's an ugly mark."

Ryan scoffed, eyeing his own wound. "Uglier then this? You saw mine, lemme see yours!" He demanded playfully. I sighed, rolling my eyes. I turned, shutting the curtains, and pulled my blank tank top up, revealing the bandages covering my burns. "That's how bad it was. I have several rounds of bandages on. It seared from all the way in the center, all the way to my lower back. It hurt like a mother, I tell you. And the guy who did it is going to die by my blade." I explained, locking gazes with the cheap curtain matireial.

"Oh...I'm sorry. At keast you can hide yours."

"Can't wear bathing suits anymore!" We laughed half-heartedly. I sat on the edge of his bed and he sat up, smiling. He gave me a quick hug with his left arm, careful to not touch my back. Couldn't blame him.

Gram

Banned
Awards

Xanze is like larxene and axels bastard child D:

AxelYoYo

RAWR
Awards

That would be the case...if only they didn't perish X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back