• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

shukhov

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicodin

relative power
So, for the illustration class I'm taking this semester, our midterm/final is to redesign a character from classic literature (how boring, honestly). I redid Ivan Denisovich Shukhov from Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn's novel One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich, set in ~1960s alternate timeline. As if the cold war actually became a full out war, basically. Also set in like... nuclear winter. I don't know. Whatevs.

24ymr2t.png

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
i know this is probably just a wip and all (or maybe it isn't idk) but i feel like this would work a bit better if you went full painting and got rid of the hard lines

because some of the values in this are honestly good and parts of the drawing work really well (the foreshortening on his right arm is pretty natural-looking i think) but it's stuck in a bit of a weird place between painting and lineart and i'm not sure if it's working?

$ 0.02

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
This is awesome. It looks kinda messy, but I like the messiness, considering the actual image. You should definitely push the rest of the image to look like that. The expression is also great. The design's solid. Some anatomy issues around the waist area, bla bla bla.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back