• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Shows that shouldn't have been cancelled

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home bound

Just Caaaalm Down
24?
That's not canceled though, right?
I thought the new season was coming out January 2009.

yeah, but the show was suppose to begin Jan 2008. They finished 8 episodes in and decided to wait because they wanted to show episodes in consecutive weeks. The only good news is there will be a two hour prequel in November.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT.

/thread

Thank God they are making a movie.

Megas XLR, foo'. CN shouldn't have scrapped that gem T_T
Teen Titans
That remake of Bionic Woman (I take it it was cancelled)

Oh God, I loved Megas. Teen Titans was another favorite of mine, but I started losing interest near the end of the series.

I had just started getting into Bionic Woman as well. That got canceled because of the Writer's Strike, didn't it?

I enjoyed the first season of Journey Man. wished it would continue.

That another show I had really started to like before it got axed. Unfortunately, I think that was due to the strike as well.

Why is media reminiscing about old shows now?

Because everything on TV now sucks shit.

Jericho......twice.
The 4400.

Agreed. Both it and Dead Zone got the ax, though I really didn't care much for the latter. Not sure if that was related to the strike or not though.

When I was a kid, BeyBlades and Digimon was mainly my entertainment.
Too bad they cancelled them. lol

lol Beyblade

I actually read somewhere that they are working on a fourth season. As ridiculous a series as it was, my inner child shouted with glee when I heard that.

Just Toonami in general. Had some awesome shows on it like Outlaw Star.

Uh...Toonami isn't canceled. Actually, since it is a block of programs, it can't really be canceled anyway. Besides, most shows like Outlaw Star were not canceled either; they just ended.

Off Centre. :c John Cho is a living legend.

That sounds terribly familiar, but I cannot remember anything about it.

KH Vandread said:
Uh...Toonami isn't canceled. Actually, since it is a block of programs, it can't really be canceled anyway. Besides, most shows like Outlaw Star were not canceled either; they just ended.

They might as well cancel it, it sucks ass these days. The first series of Toonami was awesome but.

Trag

Bronze Member
I really liked Phil of the Future, about the only decent disney channel show.

N

*~NeoAdamus~*

They might as well cancel it, it sucks ass these days. The first series of Toonami was awesome but.

The old Toonami was genious, but your right, now days it sux ass

Toonami just isnt that popular anymore

And also the show Reboot tried to make a comeback but was cancelled after the first few episodes here in NA

)-(The Anomaly)-(

Many classic animes from the Old Toonami were canceled or ended. There are only a few anime now that really meet the standards they set.

The fact that they used english versions of shows, means that the standards are already lowered a bit, and animes like Naruto, Bleach, and Death Note, though they may be great anime in Japanese, english dumbs down the whole show.

Shows like Outlaw Star, Rurouni Kenshin, Gundam, and the Tenchi Muyo series were sorely missed. Sll Toonami shows after 2003 were just not comparable....

Let us have a moment of silence.....

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org
"The Pretender" I was a big fan of this one, and the ending wasn't good enough for the quality of the show. I think the writers themselves said the show didn't end like expected...

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
Boy Meets World. Not really canceled, per se, as it had a finale back in 2000, but they stopped showing reruns on ABC Family and Disney Channel in exchange for more faggot Full House and some probably shitty Disney show respectively. Shame too, as BMW was a show I grew up watching, and I loved it.

I'm really hoping they put it on Nick at Nite. After they put on Home Improvement, my hopes went up. Why Home Improvement was the catalyst, I don't know, but whatever.

Also, moving over to anime, I was slightly disappointed the Revenge Arc was never animated in Rurouni Kenshin. It not being animated led to me having to read the manga, and while it was good, I just have several qualms with reading mangas on the computer. I would have loved to see some of those fights animated, too.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
DuckTales
Smart Guy
Megas XLR

Those are the only ones I can think of.
I can think of some early morning toddler shows that shouldn't have been cancelled either...

The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Rolie Polie Olie

Those shows were pretty good.

Candy Man

Green Lantern Battery
Futurama, Invader Zim, Malcolm in the Middle. ("but Froad, MITM ran for 7 years" Yes it did, it ended when Malcolm graduated, but it could of gone till Jamie graduated, you and I both know that)

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Well, it wouldn't be as good as when Malcolm was there.

I know that Lois was pregnant again, but still.

Avalon

?Templar King?
Website
knightly-gamers.com
As its been said, Megas XLR. One of the best shows ever on CN. I do miss Teen Titans but I got rather disinterested with it near the end of it. I really liked Journey Man, was one of the new shows that I actually liked. As for the topic on Toonami. Shit on there now sucks. Early days were much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back