• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Shouldn't kingdom hearts 2 be 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

killermmat

this is something i just though of when i was looking at release dates. but shouldn't Kingdom hearts 2 be kingdom hearts 3 because chain of memories came out in 2004 and kh2 came out in 2006.

i know that all you people that usually reply to these type of things will to put me down but i don't care.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
no, because Chain of Memories didnt focus on the main story, it was more of a prequel to KH2 then an actual part of the main story

I

The Show Must Go On
Actually, it did go with the main story, because KH2 is not a direct sequel to KH1 (as in CoM isn't just a side story). So technically, yes, KH2 is KH3 in the fact that it is the third game released in the series.

Sexy Angel
Deal with the fact that KH2 is KH2, not KH3. Its not going to change any time soon.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Actually, it did go with the main story, because KH2 is not a direct sequel to KH1 (as in CoM isn't just a side story). So technically, yes, KH2 is KH3 in the fact that it is the third game released in the series.

But if you're putting it like that, then it technically is the fourth. KH2 should be four.
What I'm talking about? KH mobile
>_<EW shudders

Nisshokuyami

Mmmm I'd have to say it could have gone either way, like what BladeWarrior said. They could have called it KH3, but, because KH COM was on the GBA, they probably called it COM instead of KH2. If it had been on the PS2 they probably would have called it KH2. When it boils down to it, the name could ahve gone either way, they just decided on COM.

+JodieTakira+

I bet they did it to try and kill off the numbers business. I mean adding "2" and "3" onto the end of a name are alright, but it's when you get to "4", "5", and more that it's real overkill if you ask me. XD; Chain of Memories had a lot to do with setting the stage for the second PS2 game. Its name just sounds more appropriate than just "Kingdom Hearts 2". I do agree to the idea that it might back been because it came out on the GBA as opposed to PS2.

Ultima Key

the reason why kh2 is called number 2 is because both:
A) GBA CoM was on a Nintendo and not a sony console
B) it was a piece of crap, you could only level up your hp and cp, no strength, defense or mp

Square Enix wanted people to ignore it as the disapointment it made to everyone who played and named kh2, kh2

but hopefully Re:CoM on FM+ should fix the problem a bit, as long as there may be a bit more status custimization

Org XIII's Number XIV:Name: Kurix
Created: When Riku gave into the darkness and dawned the darkness suit when being controlled by Ansem
Hair: White; Axel's Style, but a little shorter
Eyes: Violet
Skin: Mid Tan
Clothes: Organization Cloak
3 toe-spiked boots
Silver claw-tipped gloves, like Cloud's from KH1
Weapons: Keyblade of Light (Oathkeeper is just a representation of light, this IS THE LIGHT) blend of Gold Rope, gold swirly bits and Angel Wings. (kind of like Absolution in the keyblade gallery on this site, minus the frilly bit.
Keyblade of Darkness (Oblivion is just a representation of darkness, this IS THE DARKNESS) blend of Black Chains, Dark-silver swirly bits with pointed ends and Demon/bat wings.
Powers: Darkness, VERY skilled control over heartless, Invisibility
Personality: Hates - Riku - Sora/Roxas - Kairi/Namine, rarely teamworks, very aggressive when provoked

KershaFangs

^^ What are you talking about? CoM was a bridge between KH1 and 2. They made it to help explain why Sora lost all his previous abilities. Because Naminè tampered with his memories and once he woke up, he had to began anew. So note that that's why some abilities such as dogde roll and ars arcanum didn't come back.

KH2 is the official sequel, but CoM is the second game. Somewhat ironic, no? Also to the person who said the KH mobile phone game... that was just a little money gimmick, it held nothing to the plot... I still wanna play it though.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
it's almost the same question as why the next GTA game is called GTA IV, like what about Vice City and San Andreas?

neon6

it's almost the same question as why the next GTA game is called GTA IV, like what about Vice City and San Andreas?

GTA IV will be in Liberty City just like GTA 3 was. The names like Vice City or San Andreas are for single stand alone games that have nothing in common except GTA SA showed us something before GTA 3 like what was Catalina like before she met Claude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back