• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should we wait for a full-fledged game about Verum Rex starring Yozora?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Nukara

Awards
And although in KH4 there will be a quadratum as a world. I wonder if it's worth waiting for a full-fledged game about this world? In the end, we had 358/2 days.

okhi12

Awards
According to the anniversary event and the Famitsu interview discussing KH4, Missing Link and Dark Road Nomura said that some time ago he was considering both Verum Rex and KH4:
-- Melody of Memory featured a woman who was familiar with Quadratum. She was only voiced and not shown, but will she appear in KHIV?

Nomura:
That is still a secret. As I said at the event, there was a time when I wasn't sure whether I would choose KHIV or VERUM REX as my next project. However, she is a central VERUM REX character.
The good news is that this confirms he's still planning to make a Verum Rex game but he decided to give priority to KH4, implying Verum Rex will be developed after KH4.

The bad news is we shouldn't expect Verum Rex to start development anytime soon.

Hopefully he won't change his mind and Verum Rex will be its own game someday.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I mean, if you want to hold off on playing KH4 until a potential Verum Rex game is made, you're free to do so. But if and when it happens, it'd still be designed and intended to be played after everything that releases before it.

It's not like Days was meant to be played before KH2 either, or BBS before the entire console series. Release order is the best order.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah don’t hinge your hopes on Verum Rex happening anytime soon. Unless Osaka has doubled in size since the KH4 announcement, it was clear back then that they didn’t have enough staff to work on both projects, so KH4 became the priority.

Nukara

Awards
Yeah don’t hinge your hopes on Verum Rex happening anytime soon. Unless Osaka has doubled in size since the KH4 announcement, it was clear back then that they didn’t have enough staff to work on both projects, so KH4 became the priority.
I meant, should we wait for Verum Rex after the release of KH4.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I meant, should we wait for Verum Rex after the release of KH4.
I think we shouldn’t hold our breath trying to predict anything right now. We don’t know what the trajectory of the series is. Nomura and the team could very well decide they don’t need to make Verum Rex anymore, or maybe they decide to make it a trilogy epic.

I think it is entirely on what the team wants to do and also what they are able to do based on what Disney and SE will allow.

LoneFox

Awards
Verum Rex will happen for sure. Nomura seems to consider that story really important, like the crown jewel of his career, so there is no way he will let them cancel it second time. That said, "side games" with someone else than Sora as the main character seem to be currently out of fashion (except mobile ones), so it may end up becoming an add-on/DLC for KH4 rather than a separate game.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Unless Quadratum turns out to be an AU and Yozora is Sora (or Riku, possibly?), then my answer is--please, God, no.

No side games, for one, and especially not one of Yozora. Give that to RAXI or Aqua if we're forced into another one.

SuperNova

Awards
Verum Rex is guaranteed to happen in some shape or form, however I do not care for Yozora as a character so to me its not worth waiting for even after KH4.

NoWay

Awards
I’m at that point that Idc what game we get exactly as long as it is ANYTHING on a console

LightxDarkness

Awards
Unless Quadratum turns out to be an AU and Yozora is Sora (or Riku, possibly?), then my answer is--please, God, no.

No side games, for one, and especially not one of Yozora. Give that to RAXI or Aqua if we're forced into another one.
Yozora's the future of the series whether you like it or not. It would make sense he gets his own game like Roxas and TAV got their own games before to flesh out their stories. RAX do not need another one and neither does Aqua who has had like 2.

Elysium

Awards
Yozora's the future of the series whether you like it or not. It would make sense he gets his own game like Roxas and TAV got their own games before to flesh out their stories. RAX do not need another one and neither does Aqua who has had like 2.
Well, I don't like it whether you like it or not... lol

Yozora doesn't "need" a game by any means. RAXI or ATVqua would have more worthwhile stories to tell than Final Fantasy XV leftovers at least. A RAXI game could answer the Mystery Girl plot and an Aqua game could give the fanbase more Kairi, I guess.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
If it doesn't happen, watch it be regulated to a mobile game.

But if it ever becomes a mobile game, at the very least I'm sure it'll be Missing Link type gameplay

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Verum Rex will happen for sure. Nomura seems to consider that story really important, like the crown jewel of his career, so there is no way he will let them cancel it second time. That said, "side games" with someone else than Sora as the main character seem to be currently out of fashion (except mobile ones), so it may end up becoming an add-on/DLC for KH4 rather than a separate game.
See, I want to think that because Nomura has wanted to tell this story or something similar to it for almost two decades now, he’ll finally do it, but I think it is important to remember that he can just as easily change his mind on how interested he is in that story or it is possible what he might integrate into KH4 that would render the idea unnecessary.

Or if Disney and/or SE tells him no for some reason.

If it doesn't happen, watch it be regulated to a mobile game.

But if it ever becomes a mobile game, at the very least I'm sure it'll be Missing Link type gameplay
I don’t think he’d settle for a mobile game.

LightxDarkness

Awards
Well, I don't like it whether you like it or not... lol

Yozora doesn't "need" a game by any means. RAXI or ATVqua would have more worthwhile stories to tell than Final Fantasy XV leftovers at least. A RAXI game could answer the Mystery Girl plot and an Aqua game could give the fanbase more Kairi, I guess.
That's pretty petty. You know nothing about Yozora or Verum Rex as a whole so you can't say what it would be and how worthwhile it would be. And no we've had enough of RAX and Aqua. Sorry but they're mostly wrapped up with the last saga and even Nomura doesn't even think they'll have much screentime in KH4 because of that. It's Yozora's time now just like it was their time before. So yes he does need a game just like Roxas and TAV needed games back then. So again, you can be as petty about it as you want, that will not change and given Nomura actually wants to make Verum Rex, you better start getting ready to be even madder.....lol

Elysium

Awards
I don't want to see Kairi again. I was just thinking of what the fanbase here would be interested in. :D

Sonofjafar

Awards
If Verum Rex ever does become a spin off game, we'll need a new antagonist and i feel the best kind would be one that is an oppisite to Xehanort. Instead of a villain motivated to bring balance to the worlds, we need one that can bring chaos. They may come off as comical at first but that facade slowly slips away through the course of the game until they eventually reveal themselves as a true threat, showing it was bold to assume that they won't have the laugh

Back