• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should Ventus or kairi get a stand-alone full Game...?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Should they get their own Game?

• Yes they should!

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • Yea but Maybe just one of them?

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Sure, as long It Has multiple playable characters like bbs and 3D

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Nah...

Votes: 6 14.3%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 246005

I feel like a potential Roxas/Xion spinoff would be like a Persona game. Their arc was them wanting to be their own person so exploring what actually means should be the focus. Putting them in a school and having them balancing their new lives feels like it could be fun. Bonus points if its Balamb Garden.

An Aqua Spinoff would her be trying to fill Eraqus's shoes as a teacher. Her disney companions would be her students. Max Goof and PJ feels like a good fit.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I feel like a potential Roxas/Xion spinoff would be like a Persona game. Their arc was them wanting to be their own person so exploring what actually means should be the focus. Putting them in a school and having them balancing their new lives feels like it could be fun. Bonus points if its Balamb Garden.

An Aqua Spinoff would her be trying to fill Eraqus's shoes as a teacher. Her disney companions would be her students. Max Goof and PJ feels like a good fit.
I'll accept Balamb Garden as their school but only if they bring back Triple Triad KH style. They can reveal that Olette is the new card king of the school. Pete will be revealed as the school's Norg lol.

Foxycian

Awards
Well looks like Kairi got it, now she got her own Game where the story focuses mostly on her, the next games with her will most likely involve other one or two grouped up with her as equally main characters

Ventus might get his own game (exploring his past with Union X and master Xehanort) or just keep sharing it with Terra and Aqua like birth by sleep, his already one of the main characters in Union Cross so there’s that, terra Also needs more appreciation as well since Aqua has 0.2 and Ventus in Union X, Terranort (who is possessed terra) seems to be playing a minor role in Melody of memory so Good! more screen time for him👏🏻

Last edited:

the red monster

Awards
Well looks like Kairi got it, now she got her own full Game where the story focuses mostly on her
She's not even playable (maybe only in the final boss)
and it's 30-40 minutes story cutscenes at best.

it's her game, but in the same time, it's not.

Foxycian

Awards
She's not even playable (maybe only in the final boss)
and it's 30-40 minutes story cutscenes at best.

it's her game, but in the same time, it's not.
Yea but still the story revolves around her, it’s technically her own game and not shared with other protagonists, she might not be playable but the story focuses on her, in movies if you’re a main character at least you must get the focus of the story.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Well looks like Kairi got it, now she got her own full Game where the story focuses mostly on her, the next games with her will most likely involve other one or two grouped up with her as equally main characters

Ventus might get his own game (exploring his past with Union X and master Xehanort) or just keep sharing it with Terra and Aqua like birth by sleep, his already one of the main characters in Union Cross so there’s that, terra Also needs more appreciation as well since Aqua has 0.2 and Ventus in Union X, Terranort (who is possessed terra) seems to be playing a minor role in Melody of memory so Good! more screen time for him👏🏻
Yeah Kairi needs her own actual game, where you play as only her and the story revolves around her.

Anyway, answer to this question: Kairi yes, Ven no.

Foxycian

Awards
Yeah Kairi needs her own actual game, where you play as only her and the story revolves around her.

Anyway, answer to this question: Kairi yes, Ven no.
Haha I mean if we are being honest Kairi can’t handle a full game on her own yet, that’s why a game like MoM which is a short game like Re:coded feels more suitable for her, Ven if people don’t want game with just him then sure altho I can see him carrying a game on his own even tho I prefer a Game with the whole trio.

edit: btw when I say a game just for him or her I don’t mean that it should be just them, look at all Kh games no one really journeys alone, Roxas in days had Axel and Xion also the organization members, all Games when there is one main character he/she always has party to company with, most of square enix games are like that, Look at Nier 2B 9S A2 look at final fantasy X-2 yuna is the focus of the story but she still has Rikku and Paine with her cause she can’t handle a full game on her own, look at birth by sleep they are all Main protagonists and are sharing the same game, re chain of memeory had Sora and Riku with the support of Mickey Donald and goofy and all the Disney characters, same with Re coded with data Sora and the Disney characters, so really no one gets a solo game they all get games that contains many characters that accompany them that share the spotlight.

Last edited:

the red monster

Awards
Yea but still the story revolves around her, it’s technically her own game and not shared with other protagonists, she might not be playable but the story focuses on her, in movies if you’re a main character at least you must get the focus of the story.
Kingdom hearts is a video game, not a movie.
technically it's her game, but in reality it's not. which sucks because she needs it the most.
You still see sora more than her if we counting hours.

I want to actually play as kairi, this is what will mean for me a true kairi game. melody of memory ain't it.

Foxycian

Awards
Kingdom hearts is a video game, not a movie.
Well yeah lol I agree, but even so the story of the game is about her so it is still her game, but I see where you coming from, we will get a game with her being playable, not sure if only her is playable but I can see her being grouped up with others like bbs DDD and Re:Chain of memories, not even Riku got his own Game where the story is all about him so technically he too doesn’t have a his own game but just a shared ones with Sora, and the story is about both of them equally.

Edit: only character other then Sora to get a true full length game that is detected to him and mostly him as the only playable is Roxas, all the other main characters got a shared games and the story was shared between them.

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Haha I mean if we are being honest Kairi can’t handle a full game on her own yet, that’s why a game like MoM which is a short game like Re:coded feels more suitable for her, Ven if people don’t want game with just him then sure altho I can see him carrying a game on his own even tho I prefer a Game with the whole trio.

edit: btw when I say a game just for him or her I don’t mean that it should be just them, look at all Kh games no one really journeys alone, Roxas in days had Axel and Xion also the organization members, all Games when there is one main character he/she always has party to company with, most of square enix games are like that, Look at Nier 2B 9S A2 look at final fantasy X-2 yuna is the focus of the story but she still has Rikku and Paine with her cause she can’t handle a full game on her own, look at birth by sleep they are all Main protagonists and are sharing the same game, re chain of memeory had Sora and Riku with the support of Mickey Donald and goofy and all the Disney characters, same with Re coded with data Sora and the Disney characters, so really no one gets a solo game they all get games that contains many characters that accompany them that share the spotlight.
So Ven have an entire story in BbS with no prior knowledge of who he is, but Kairi can't handle a full game on her own? Obviously Kairi can't be the star of KH IV, but she can more than handle a game like 0.2 or even CoM.

I don't want the Kairi game to be only Kairi, but it would follow her just like any other game would follow Sora/Riku. Unlike Ven, Kairi is part of the original trio and has basically gotten nothing -- and she needed more backstory than Ven, who somehow has loads now.

Foxycian

Awards
So Ven have an entire story in BbS with no prior knowledge of who he is, but Kairi can't handle a full game on her own? Obviously Kairi can't be the star of KH IV, but she can more than handle a game like 0.2 or even CoM.

I don't want the Kairi game to be only Kairi, but it would follow her just like any other game would follow Sora/Riku. Unlike Ven, Kairi is part of the original trio and has basically gotten nothing -- and she needed more backstory than Ven, who somehow has loads now.
It’s not about which trio she belongs to like why are guys pretending not knowing what I mean lol? I’m talking about personality, Ventus not only does he have Sora+Roxas personality which gives him the edge of being the protagonist in terms of character (since main characters like him do exist) but also has a backstory which gives him more interesting build up, Kairi personality (the one I loved) disappeared after kh1 that’s what I mean that she can’t handle a game because her personality is not interesting enough to be the solo main thus why she could either get short game like MoM or shared game at least in my opinion.

edit: if you guys think Kairi current personality is interesting enough then I honestly don’t know what to tell you, I love her and she is in my top 10 but she can’t really handle a full game just cause she is one of the main trio, her character is just not interesting to be a drive being the protagonist of full game yet, people might be bias towards Ventus (for some reason) but he like Kairi he has an interesting backstory and to top it off he has personality, he has the best of Sora and Roxas, his not dumb like Sora but has his cheerfulness and innocence, and just like Roxas he has his seriousness and determination to set things right.

Last edited:

Foxycian

Awards
umm....... i question why cus they dont know each other.
The title isn’t about them getting a game together but each gets their own title a separate story that explore their past, Kairi as of now has Melody of memory to explore her past, Ventus past is already being explored (little by little) in Union Cross but we might get another birth by sleep game with the TAV trio to explore all three current situation and mostly more answers on Ventus.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
edit: if you guys think Kairi current personality is interesting enough then I honestly don’t know what to tell you, I love her and she is in my top 10 but she can’t really handle a full game just cause she is one of the main trio, her character is just not interesting to be a drive being the protagonist of full game yet, people might be bias towards Ventus (for some reason) but he like Kairi he has an interesting backstory and to top it off he has personality, he has the best of Sora and Roxas, his not dumb like Sora but has his cheerfulness and innocence, and just like Roxas he has his seriousness and determination to set things right.

How is Kairi's current personality any different from or less interesting than KH1 Sora's? He seemed to carry his MC status pretty fine.

Edit: feel free to go into a detailed analysis, I'm genuinely curious.

Last edited:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
If anything, I feel that we'd get more of Kairi's personality, if she were made to carry a game on her own. It seems likely to me that we'd get more of her spunk back, that we only saw glimpses of after KH1 in KH2 and 0.2.

Foxycian

Awards
How is Kairi's current personality any different from or less interesting than KH1 Sora's? He seemed to carry his MC status pretty fine.

Edit: feel free to go into a detailed analysis, I'm genuinely curious.
Kh1 Sora had personality, his personality is that of a real life kid, his dynamic with Donald and goofy was beautiful and powerful, I’m pretty sure most of the memebers of this website know this and will agree with me (or they will disagree for the sake of just disagreeing with me) compare Kh1 Kairi to Kh2 and you’ll notice how the Kairi we see in Kh1 and the kh2 manga isn’t herself anymore in kh2 game, I like her kh2 calm personality (still not interesting enough for a sole main character for a full length like Kh1 game imo) i hope she goes back to her kh1 and 0.2 self again if they want to use her as the main focus of another game in the future.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Honestly, I find Kairi the more interesting one between her and Ventus. Ven is just too burrowed for me to handle him a solo game where he alone is the star. Co-starring like he did in BBS with Aqua and Terra is perfectly fine, but putting him in main lead role? You might as well just make a game with Sora and Roxas as the two leads if that's the case. The Union X stuff they are doing with Ven is cool, but even that isn't anything new with this series so far. Ven's good as a co-star. And if you need a game with him, well Union X is basically the Ventus game now.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I don't think Kairi "needs" a game any more than Namine or Lea or any other character. If anything, I'd say she should have one less than most of the others because she's never been much more than a prop for ending cutscenes.

In general, no character really needs a game. I see Sora and to a lesser extent Riku as the protagonist and shadow protagonist respectively, and everyone else should be getting developed in the background as the plot plays out. Roxas didn't need a game, the KH2 prologue would've sufficed. ATV only needed to exist because Sora was too young for the necessary Xehanort prequel information to be given with him as the protagonist.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I don't think Kairi "needs" a game any more than Namine or Lea or any other character. If anything, I'd say she should have one less than most of the others because she's never been much more than a prop for ending cutscenes.

In general, no character really needs a game. I see Sora and to a lesser extent Riku as the protagonist and shadow protagonist respectively, and everyone else should be getting developed in the background as the plot plays out. Roxas didn't need a game, the KH2 prologue would've sufficed. ATV only needed to exist because Sora was too young for the necessary Xehanort prequel information to be given with him as the protagonist.
Lol, I needed that Roxas game. Had KH2 been Roxas only game going into KH3, I likely never would have liked the character. Likewise it took more then one game for me to love all of ATV. I get what your saying about "needing" a game, because a lot of the characters can develop in games where they aren't the main star. And I don't want anyone to replace Sora as the main protagonist of the series. But I think it's okay to let the other characters shine more in the side games leading up to the main title release where Sora takes back over.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
It’s not about which trio she belongs to like why are guys pretending not knowing what I mean lol? I’m talking about personality, Ventus not only does he have Sora+Roxas personality which gives him the edge of being the protagonist in terms of character (since main characters like him do exist) but also has a backstory which gives him more interesting build up, Kairi personality (the one I loved) disappeared after kh1 that’s what I mean that she can’t handle a game because her personality is not interesting enough to be the solo main thus why she could either get short game like MoM or shared game at least in my opinion.

So what will it take for her personality to be "good enough" for you? How will she ever be able to show her personality if she is always on the sidelines? She hasn't really changed from KH1 besides being able to fight and actively asking to fight.

I rather dedicate a game to a character with limited backstory like Kairi, than give it to Ven who we know his life story. What more is there to learn about Ven? It'll be more interesting to see where a Kairi story can go because we know less about her, that means she's a blank slate and there's less redtape and canon to follow (like Ven).

Basically I'm saying that for storytelling, Kairi would be the better character to go with because she has more potential of what can be done compared to Ven. In terms of marketing, Kairi is more well known than Ven. The average player doesn't really know Ven (if they don't mistake him for Roxas), but even with her extremely limited usage in the Xehanort Saga, Kairi is more prominent and well known.

Back