• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should Ventus or kairi get a stand-alone full Game...?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Should they get their own Game?

• Yes they should!

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • Yea but Maybe just one of them?

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Sure, as long It Has multiple playable characters like bbs and 3D

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Nah...

Votes: 6 14.3%

• Total voters

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I've had this concept for a Vanitas game in my head for a decade now. He would have Maleficent & Pete as his Disney companions with other villains as guest party members. With Maleficent being the mage & Pete being the defensive one with his forcefield power, the 3 of them would collectively be dark mirrors/psycho rangers to the Sora/Donald/Goofy party.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Tbh, the only characters I could see with a solo game are: Sora, Riku, Roxas, Aqua. Maybe Lea? I don't think Kairi would be a good lead, and yet I can imagine a possibility of her getting a solo game anyway because the fanbase is always saying they want her to get more spotlight. They assume more spotlight would make her a better character, but the problem is the writing, and that would still be a problem even if the character had more screentime.

Foxycian

Awards
Tbh, the only characters I could see with a solo game are: Sora, Riku, Roxas, Aqua. Maybe Lea? I don't think Kairi would be a good lead, and yet I can imagine a possibility of her getting a solo game anyway because the fanbase is always saying they want her to get more spotlight. They assume more spotlight would make her a better character, but the problem is the writing, and that would still be a problem even if the character had more screentime.
If that’s your opinion then sure can’t argue with with other people opinions (since I too have opinions of my own) but if you think it’s a fact then I disagree, about Axel i somewhat agree but for me Aqua (to me) is pretty much just an adult kh2 kairi, and kh2 kairi doesn’t have enough character to be a sole main protagonist of her own game, also I remember Nomura said he was struggling on what to make aqua say in 0.2, don’t remember when was that interview tbh but that just shows that Aqua can’t be a protagonist of a sole full game for her character just not that easy to come up with a dialogue or story that revolves around her other then wanting to be with Terra and ven, 0.2 was her game yes But still I can’t see her get a real “full game” like Roxas kh358/2days, her limit is just a kh3 demo or better say epilogue which is 0.2, Aqua’s character is strong and fit to play a hero, but compare to other main protagonists in other franchises? Aqua feels weak in that comparison she doesn’t strike me as a main protagonist of a sole Game, when I compare her to other main protagonist, she is fit to be a main character in a shared game like Nier Automata or final fantasy 6 but not the sole main character, she just doesn’t have the the aura of a main protagonist that I usually see, her character I usually see among side main characters in final fantasy games or other franchises, but I never saw her type of a character as the true main protagonist,

for example like Y’shtola in ffxiv, she is soo popular in Japan cause she is a cute cat girl (altho I like her and soo many westerns do) but that’s the problem... just because she is a cute cat girl...she now represents ffxiv in Dissdia Nt, when in fact she doesn’t represent ffxiv she is not the face of the game as many fans claim, among the scions minfilia Alphinaud and Lyse played bigger roles in ffxiv, one of them should represent ffxiv not y’shtola,

Aqua has similarities to Y’shtola

1. Wise
2. Smart
3. Quite not talkative type
4. she’s a mage
5. Y’shtola is seen as best girl when the story is barely about her or barely involve her in the main plot (ironically like aqua in the first birth by sleep)

even tho I love Y’shtola soo much and want her in my party 24/7 she is still not fit to be a main protagonist of a sole game, I would honestly get tired, bored and sleepy if she got her own game.

that’s all my opinion ofc not fact we all have different views so not expecting you to agree with it.

Last edited:

Keyblade07

I’m ok with Ven’s getting his own game like Roxas and Sora, His gameplay is a mix of them both and I always enjoyed that, with kairi I agree she should get her own game but better be shared with others, I don’t believe she is ready to be a sole protagonist of a full game by herself yet, hopefully we will see, either way I’m Excited for the future of the franchise.

D

Deleted member 246005

I guess a Kairi spinoff would probably take some cues from FF10-2/FF13-2.

Maybe she could go on an adventure with the other princesses of Heart?

There was a fanfic i read that had Kairi training to be a wielder. She was trapped in a maze with Max goof i think. I thought it was a good model for a Kairi spinoff.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Kairi definitely needs it, but I wouldn't mind another game with Ven as one of the leads. He has matured a little bit since BbS (but apparently his pure heart still jumps out with its naivety sometimes). I'd like to see him explore his memories a bit more. He seems to know something is lingering in that head of his. I feel like we aren't going to get much of his perspective in KHUX

And as I said, Kairi definitely needs it. We almost never really get her side of things other than superficial nonsense. I'll never get over her deciding not to send Sora her letters in KH3.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
There was a fanfic i read that had Kairi training to be a wielder. She was trapped in a maze with Max goof i think. I thought it was a good model for a Kairi spinoff.

Do you have the link? I'm curious.

I guess a Kairi spinoff would probably take some cues from FF10-2/FF13-2.
God, I hope not. These guys are incapable of writing a female-centric game that doesn't revolve around cute clothes (0.2 was such a slap in the face).

Keyblade07

God, I hope not. These guys are incapable of writing a female-centric game that doesn't revolve around cute clothes (0.2 was such a slap in the face).
0.2 might have not lived up to its hype but I do want to believe Kairi compared to the girls is capable enough of being a protagonist in a long game, I love kh1/0.2 Kairi’s personality it’s lovely and is a great character, but only if they give her back her personality and her original voice actress then I think kairi can pull it off.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
0.2 might have not lived up to its hype but I do want to believe Kairi compared to the girls is capable enough of being a protagonist in a long game, I love kh1/0.2 Kairi’s personality it’s lovely and is a great character, but only if they give her back her personality and her original voice actress then I think kairi can pull it off.

Oh I definitely want a Kairi game!!! I just don't want it to be developed like FFX-2 where the whole battle gameplay was based on flashy/revealing clothing and pop songs. I want a game based on her character potential (and her pink outfits, no changes).

Also, 0.2 is one of my favorite KH games actually. I just HATED the accessories thing and was happy that it was possible to not pay attention to it at all.

D

Deleted member 246005

Do you have the link? I'm curious.

Its been years since I read it but this is it.

Keyblade07

Also, 0.2 is one of my favorite KH games actually. I just HATED the accessories thing and was happy that it was possible to not pay attention to it at all.
It’s mostly the game length that I was disappointed in, I wished the game was a little longer, but still in the end I enjoyed it:)

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I want a Kairi game. I don't need a Ventus game.

I hope that depending on the Kaiti outfit she wears, she has certain abilities (you can swap between KH1-2-3 outfits/hairstyles). Also, it'd be great if the Disney worlds that she visits includes her singing with the protagonist. Or maybe she can get her own song. I envision that the game starts with a pop-remix of Don't Think Twice where Kairi's dancing/the cutscene is synced with the music, then the middle of the game she gets her own song (they will have to hire Hayden because she can sing).

It'd be cool if they re-introduce the Garment Grid with Kairi. Maybe the dresspheres that she can swap between are the other Princesses of Heart (and her new outfit has her dressed as that princess)?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Ven is a stronger protagonist than Kairi but I don't think either of them are able to carry an entire game by themselves, no matter how much they could benefit from it. Speaking with bias though, Ven is connected to the subplot that I'm vastly more interested in, whereas I can't say I really care to sit through a 30+ hour game of Kairi pining over Sora because her character revolves entirely around him.

My ideal scenario would be for Ven to be either part of a larger party or lead one of multiple scenarios again. For Kairi, I think we should start small with a brief playable section, then work our way up to a full scenario before finally giving her a standalone game.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I'd like if Kairi had her own game on the grounds that forcing her in the spotlight seems like it'd be the only way for her to get anything resembling decent scenes, but as Tartarus said previously, more Kairi wouldn't change the problems with the writing, meaning we'd just get more of what we've got and I'm not up for that.

With Ventus, I do want the Wayfinder trio's journey into the Realm of Darkness as a game, though I fear this was done to shove them aside. Ven's connection with UX gives a lot to work with and something could easily be done with Aqua and Terra, but if it was me doing this, I'd have the game's story focus on all three fairly equally, with them as a party where you can switch between characters on the fly (eons later, and the series STILL doesn't have this?) and make their play styles more distinct from one another, probably have it affect exploration too.

I'm still waiting for the Mickey game, brah. Tell Kairi and Ven to get in line.
Journey through Disney worlds as Mickey Mouse during his stamp collecting adventure between the events of Birth By Sleep and Kingdom Hearts 1!

It'd be cool if they re-introduce the Garment Grid with Kairi. Maybe the dresspheres that she can swap between are the other Princesses of Heart (and her new outfit has her dressed as that princess)?
It'd be her version of Drive Forms.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 252753

With Ventus, I do want the Wayfinder trio's journey into the Realm of Darkness as a game, though I fear this was done to shove them aside. Ven's connection with UX gives a lot to work with and something could easily be done with Aqua and Terra, but if it was me doing this, I'd have the game's story focus on all three fairly equally, with them as a party where you can switch between characters on the fly (eons later, and the series STILL doesn't have this?) and make their play styles more distinct from one another, probably it affect exploration too.
Yeah that sounds like it could be a great game. I would be interested to see how the dynamic between Aqua and Terra has changed now that she has also fallen to darkness and can't take the moral high ground all the time. I can imagine the three of them all being tormented by visions of their dark selves and having to deal with their unresolved issues: Ven's UX stuff, Aqua's fear of being abandoned, and Terra's guilt for becoming Xehnaort's pawn and Eraqus's death.

the red monster

Awards
Both of them can't carry an entire game on their own. DDD style, maybe.
if they make BBS2 i do want terra and aqua to be playable too and not just ventus.

for DDD2 i'm hoping for kairi + riku, with yozora getting playable segments around the end.

i actually want roxas/xion game the most.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Before Re:MIND I was all for a Kairi game. But after some thought I don't think any character will get a solo game in Foretellers Saga. Even Sora when he comes back to life won't be the sole playable character of KH4 or whatever.

Which is why I'm satisfied with Kairi being one of the playable characters in DDD Volume 2

Keyblade07

other then Sora only Roxas got a full game for himself and really enjoyed it, with kairi however I believe she needs riku like Dream drop distance style, for Ventus I do believe he can carry a full game, his personality is like Sora and Roxas, but like the rest said I do Want it to be like birth by sleep with three characters, ven can be the lead since his story seems to be the most important out of the three, altho he was already a big focus among his trio back in bbs with his connection to xehanort and vanitas, in terms of the current importance of the story Ventus does have the most interesting story so I don’t mind him getting lead role as long Terra and aqua get their equally fair share of screen time as well.

edit: I also wish Mickey can be more involved or playable or at least journey with riku like Donald and goofy did with Sora.

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
i actually want roxas/xion game the most.
You and me both. Give me that :p

But as for Kairi, I agree with the DDD factor would work best. I said before that I don't think she's strong enough to carry a entire game by herself, at least not yet. But with another character it'll be good. Ideally a SRK game would be what I want with Kairi having strong playable and story moments in the game that carry her into KH4. ReMind did not exactly redeem Kairi for me, but it certainly is a step in the right direction. I'm more excited for her now then I ever have been before. That might be foolish to say since KH3 Kairi had a lot of hype too, but now we can see what she can do.

Keyblade07

Didn’t Nomura say something like Sora and Riku represent Kingdom hearts? Cause light and dark? If so then I’m surprised Roxas got a full game for himself while riku (who can be seen as the deuteragonist of the franchise) didn’t, of course he doesn’t need to have his own full game since he already has many spotlight as the 2nd main character after Sora, as for this topic it’s fine if both kairi and ventus were the lead while also having other characters by their side like ddd and bbs, If Sora and Roxas can carry a full game then I believe Ventus can too, but I would prefer it to be like bbs with three main characters, kairi on the other hand I don’t believe she is ready to carry a full game so ddd style with her and riku is great start for her, let’s not forget that Sora too didn’t start his journey alone he had Donald and goofy to entertain us.

Back