• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should this game be played only on a certain 3DS?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I don't think an XL would really change that. Like, the XL doesn't offer a more open camera, it's literally just the image from the 3DS stretched to fit the XL. So it'll likely feel much the same.

Again though, I think you should just put the money towards a PS4 for 2.8 + KH3

i agree but if they won't listen, all we can do is support her endeavors.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Since you won't be using it for anything else, just get a standard-sized 3DS. Not the New kind. The old kind. Bam. Problem solved~

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't think a refurbished XL is worth it. You can get a brand new New 3DS XL for $179 at GameStop, which is $40 more than the original 3DS XL refurb. You wouldn't be getting your money's worth with an old, overpriced refurb.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I agree w/Master Spockanort on that.

I am first to admit I had a little bitty scare a week or two ago and thought I had lost my purple 3DS. If I hadn't found it in the car, I would of gone to gamestop and bought a black New 3DS XL (at this point, I don't see a good reason to upgrade; not enough games for me to bother atm).

But! If you're buying, don't buy used. Buy a new one, you don't know where that used 3DS has been sadly. I understand people steal 3DS's and pawn/sell them all the time when they find one lying around. (Was doing some research after I thought I'd lost mine) Don't ask me why.

On that note, PSA for everyone that owns any flavor of a 3DS; write down your serial number somewhere, pref in a file on your backup drive!!!!!! If you ever lose the 3DS, you will need that to transfer your Nintendo ID to a new 3DS. And you will have to call them to do it..Ninty is bass-awakwards that way.

redcrown

Awards
I don't think a refurbished XL is worth it. You can get a brand new New 3DS XL for $179 at GameStop, which is $40 more than the original 3DS XL refurb. You wouldn't be getting your money's worth with an old, overpriced refurb.

idk sounds a bit fancy. 140-150 is the most I want to spend. although is the improved 3D effect really worth it for DDD?
and 140 is overpriced for a refurbed normal XL? (again i don't know these things)

Videos comparing the two models together really makes the regular look washed out and blurry, but videos with shitty lighting can't really film them properly I guess. So I'll just go to a gamestore and test then myself.

thanks for all your inputs and advice guys.

Last edited:

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
You seem to put a great deal of emphasis on the video quality and camera and the like, which is why, (broken record) you should again probably just save up for 2.8?

redcrown

Awards
You seem to put a great deal of emphasis on the video quality and camera and the like, which is why, (broken record) you should again probably just save up for 2.8?

I know but I figure 2.8 won't be released until the end of the year, like Nov/Dec. I've been dying to play this game since it came out and haven't had cash to flit away comfortably until recently. So I thought I would just finally buy it if it was affordable enough and get it out of my system.

So yeah I'm very impatient and irresponsible with money (so far).

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
idk sounds a bit fancy. 140-150 is the most I want to spend. although is the improved 3D effect really worth it for DDD?
and 140 is overpriced for a refurbed normal XL? (again i don't know these things)

Videos comparing the two models together really makes the regular look washed out and blurry, but videos with shitty lighting can't really film them properly I guess. So I'll just go to a gamestore and test then myself.

thanks for all your inputs and advice guys.

I'm just thinking economically. If a New 3DS XL is $180 right now, and a refurbished original 3DS XL is $140, there is only a $40 difference between the two. You'd be spending a lot on a pre-owned console when you can get a new New.

My recommendation is not to go for the New one, but to find a new 3DS XL for a similar price because $140 is too much for refurb when a new New 3DS XL only has a $40 gap between it.

redcrown

Awards
I'm just thinking economically. If a New 3DS XL is $180 right now, and a refurbished original 3DS XL is $140, there is only a $40 difference between the two. You'd be spending a lot on a pre-owned console when you can get a new New

My recommendation is not to go for the New one, but to find a new 3DS XL for a similar price because $140 is too much for refurb when a new New 3DS XL only has a $40 gap between it.

Okay I see what you mean now. Thanks for going into more detail.

Btw, your post about DDD's bountiful glitches from 2012 has me a little worried now. Was that just a problem when it first came out?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Btw, your post about DDD's bountiful glitches from 2012 has me a little worried now. Was that just a problem when it first came out?

no. its apparently full of glitches but those of us like me and audo were thankful not to run into any.

another reason to just hold off for the remasters :/

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

No problem!

They are still there, sadly. NA/EU Support refused to acknowledge the glitches, so the issue was never bumped up to Japan.

The ones I mentioned for NA/EU/PAL are still there but they aren't so bad that the game is unplayable or anything. They just kind of happen sometimes. Usually people just drop to the other character to stop it. As for the Memento menu issue, it is best to not bother looking through it until the end of the game.

They don't happen to everybody, so it is not the easiest thing to warn against when you don't even know if it'll happen.

The falling through the floor one is the only big issue as it means you have to restart the game from your last save.

redcrown

Awards
Looking through site/the internet the cheapest Xls tend to be is 140 for a refurb. :/

Doesn't refurbished mean it's been barely used and been prechecked for flaws, making it essentially new?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Spock: I'll remember that in case I ever want to upgrade. I'm quite a bit of a cheapskate when it comes to buying stuff, and I try to look for the best deal! And in this case there's no danger of a stolen console. ^^

Mine btw, is a original 3DS, bought just as the 3DS XL's were coming out. I just see no good reason to upgrade right now, and Xenoblade Chronicles is not enough reason. ^^ (Only ONE exclusive game? Forget that noise.)

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Spock: I'll remember that in case I ever want to upgrade. I'm quite a bit of a cheapskate when it comes to buying stuff, and I try to look for the best deal! And in this case there's no danger of a stolen console. ^^

Mine btw, is a original 3DS, bought just as the 3DS XL's were coming out. I just see no good reason to upgrade right now, and Xenoblade Chronicles is not enough reason. ^^ (Only ONE exclusive game? Forget that noise.)

Trust me, Xenoblade Chronicles alone was worth the console upgrade. That is my favourite game from Nintendo of all time. Besides, SNES Games on the eShop are exclusive to New 3DS now. I'd give a little bit more time for the New 3DS to lower down in price before you consider getting a purchase. Alternatively, you could go for the PS4 and purchase 2.8 to play Dream Drop Distance instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back