• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should the KH1 MP System Return?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

NewChallenger

I noticed that many KH fans, including many in the forum, don't enjoy the KH2 & KH3 MP system. Many are complaining about the cooldowns, and feel that it is far too restrictive. I, personally, have no qualms with the cooldowns. However, would you prefer KH1's MP sytem over KH2/KH3's?

kaseykockroach

Awards
I think both work fine and don't really have a preference gameplay-wise.
Aesthetically though, I prefer KH1's system. This will sound really basic, but well, KH1's MP has the number of MP bars growing with you and party members throughout the adventure, so obviously there's the sense of characters getting stronger as you progress.
Whereas KH2's MP doesn't really grow in terms of bar size, so it inherently lacks that sense of getting stronger.
And with KH2-onward, party members' HP bars stay about the same size too. So I prefer how it's all set up in KH1, aesthetically. But I understand why they've kept to KH2's look (smaller bars means less visual clutter).

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
KH3's magic felt more balanced than KH2. Either way, yes, I'd prefer the KH1 system come back, but that will never happen now. Visually, the KH1 and KH2 HP/MP bars look better, but KH1's system worked better, imo.

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I liked being able to gain MP by landing hits. It was a risk/reward system not unlike the soul system in in Hollow Knight. But you could spam Cure. The new system exists for a reason.

Hoarse_Phuqer

Would be best if someone could mod the game so you could switch between the two, depending on which system you prefer. Give the players choice

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I don't think Cure was broken at all. You had to use it more often in KH1 because that game was...what was that word again? Challenging? KH fans aren't used to that anymore... :tongue:

kaseykockroach

Awards
Truth be told, even KH1 is really easy for me nowadays, and I revisited the game on Critical months ago! But I figure it’s just because I’ve played it a billion times. I was disappointed how easily I dispatched Giant Ursula on that playthrough.

Aurora Lark

Awards
I prefer KH1s style I wish it would come back cause it made me feel powerful and I used magic more. Now when I use it it looks pretty and flashy and cool but it not as satisfying I'm not sure why. Plus I dont think Cure should take everything maybe just half of the bars or whatever and make the game a little more chalenging maybe to make up for that

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
How about a new MP system? I want Cure to have it's own separate bar so I can cast other spells.

Back