• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should Sora Become A "Keyblade Master"?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Foxycian

Awards
At this point, being a Keyblade Master doesn't hold any baring. How the hell would Aqua and Riku compare to some idiot kid who was able to kill off giant beasts and gods for 2 years? Despite all that they mock him for not being one. It became a flimsy status, but it's a flimsy status that fits Aqua and Riku for the growth of wisdom they shown throughout the series....well Riku's at least. I'm not going further than that.
Sora isn’t the only one who can do this, as many said before (not on this topic) the plot is the one that demands who ever wins, Sora in kh1 and 2 was the only one that has the keyblade the most powerful weapon and the weakness of heartless and nobody’s, Sora had the advantage all this time, however now he and the other warriors of lights are equal, there is no proper power scaling in kingdom hearts, anyone can win if the plot demands it.

disney233

Awards
Sora isn’t the only one who can do this, as many said before (not on this topic) the plot is the one that demands who ever wins, Sora in kh1 and 2 was the only one that has the keyblade the most powerful weapon and the weakness of heartless and nobody’s, Sora had the advantage all this time, however now he and the other warriors of lights are equal, there is no proper power scaling in kingdom hearts, anyone can win if the plot demands it.
You're not even wrong and I hate it. Same boy who can slice down skyscrapers and an entire...chaotic vessel of darkness and veins gets the ha-ha, boo-hoo too weak treatment. I don't even question who's powerful because plot demands so many inconsistencies in power-scaling.

SuperNova

Awards
Honestly, the reason Sora gets most of the wins in the plot is because of his main character status. Since he's the central focus he gets the majority of the wins. But as stated ANYBODY can be powerful as long as they are in the protagonist seat. Which just makes the title of Keyblade Master even more redundant.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Seems to me like once you become a Keyblade Master, you start losing battles. Riku has never jobbed harder than in KH3. Aqua spends most of her screen time jobbing. Mickey is constantly getting slapped off-screen.

Therefore, Sora cannot become a Keyblade Master, because I play as him, and I am fucking sick and do not lose.

welken

Awards
I believe it was Cinderella who referred to Sora as the Keyblade Master when you speak to her in KH1, and I think she had the right idea. All these exams and bestowments for a title that means what? And is recognized by whom? The origin of keyblades and culture surrounding them is still obscure. But to be chosen by the Kingdom Key, we know that means something. Effectively saving the entirety of existence from being sunk into hell or deleted altogether multiple times, with no formal training, doesn't hurt his reputation either. Perhaps Yensid judges Sora's prowess relative to his ultimate potential, and by that measure, Sora's still a novice. But I would think the same could essentially be said for Riku or even Aqua, so maybe these old wizards are merely acknowledging who has the emotional balance and understanding of magic to stand on their own. Whoever deemed Xehanort ready for any measure of cosmic responsibility was either deeply perverse or foolish, or both.
Whatever the title of Master is worth, I do think Sora will receive the honor eventually. We've had two whole games about this nonsense. He could end up rejecting the title, but he'll get the recognition. I would think for it to actually mean something for Sora, it would be better off coming from someone of a higher eminence, like Master Ava or the Master of Masters himself.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Since Sora himself obviously doesn't care why should I?
Titles and Names are ultimately meaningless since it's one's actions that count.
Sora saved the world(s) multiple times without being a Master and in contrast Xehanort who was bestowed the title ultimately doesn't live up to what it is supposed to mean.

Furthermore, as Launchpad points out, so far the people called "Master" in this universe either get thrown under the bus and aren't allowed to have successes like Mickey, Aqua and Riku, are rather neglectful thumb twiddlers like Yen Sid or outright assholes causing more harm than good like Eraqus, Xehanort, MoM or the Foretellers.

bobgoesw00t

Awards
Website
bobgoesw00t.tumblr.com
I personally think that at this point in the series, everyone's favorite dorky spiky haired keyblade wielder can be considered a Keyblade Master regardless of what everyone else might say or think. He got the power of waking, defeated ALL THE XEHANORTS, saved the worlds and even rescued Kairi/Karey before we went...wherever the hell he went. So for me, he is very much a master and I'M SO PROUD OF THE GIANT DORKY DORK!!! 😭😭😭😭😭

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Sora is an implicit Keyblade Master, whereas Aqua and Riku are explicit. We could argue the same with Terra, and I wonder if the Mark of Mastery will ever be examined with Ventus.

Foxycian

Awards
Xehanort who was bestowed the title ultimately doesn't live up to what it is supposed to mean.
You really shouldn’t look too deep into it, Sora only wins cause powers of friendship and plot the same with all the heroes, in old interview Of ff7 it was stated that sephiroth is the strongest character in ff7 his the ultimate soldier, but despite all that he still loses to cloud, you really should understand in square enix it’s not skills or power but the fact that light always prevails cause Good always beats evil, kingdom hearts is basically like a shounen anime, the main character is looked down upon by the villains cause the villains know they are much stronger but the hero will eventually overpower him out of nowhere, no matter how I look at it Sora is typical shounen hero who gets powerup if the plot demands it, there is just no way Sora is as skilled as the most powerful keyblade master (xehanort) who has the experience of 85 years, according to remind he has to be in his 90-95, either way don’t take everything Sora does as fact, the heroes wins depending on the situation not cause they are stronger then the villains.

Back