• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should romance be confirmed in KH3?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Should romance be confirmed in KH3?

• Yes

Votes: 26 44.1%
  • No

Votes: 24 40.7%
  • "I have no strong feelings one way or the other."

Votes: 9 15.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Argenteus

The title says it all. Across the series, we've all been pretty sure of the pairings; Sora to Kairi, Roxas to Namine, etc. But they haven't been CONFIRMED anywhere. For all we know, nothing is going on between Sora and Kairi.

Do you think this should change in KH3?

Other KH3 romance related topics are welcome as well.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Slipping in what I wrote somewhere else:

Well yeah. The series has been consistently upholding its themes of friendship to the point where it makes a huge part of the series cosmology. Romance is a concept that would unfortunately emasculate everything that the series has stood for.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I'd prefer romance to stay out of KH, barring the Disney couples, and have the series continue to focus on the bonds of friendship.

Bhunivelze

No!

I like Kingdom Hearts because friendship is more important than other things.

"My friends are my power!"

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I would much prefer that friendship remain the most important thing in the series. Disney characters can have their romance, but when it comes to the original cast, let's keep them at a purely platonic state. Ain't no love blooming on the battlefield in this series.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
If there had to be one, I'm guessing it's Sora and Kairi most likely. I think having a romance for most of the main characters is a little too much so I hope they avoid that.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
They should add in the romance. Maybe it'll drown out the joke of a plot it has going on.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
After seven games suddenly bringing in romance would be jarring, no? It was never an important element before and not only romance, but family also gets left out because it detracts from friendship being the strongest form of love in the series.

The title says it all. Across the series, we've all been pretty sure of the pairings; Sora to Kairi, Roxas to Namine, etc. But they haven't been CONFIRMED anywhere. For all we know, nothing is going on between Sora and Kairi.

Do you think this should change in KH3?

Other KH3 romance related topics are welcome as well.

No?

Last edited:

TheKelsblade

The bonds of friendship is what drove me to love the series, but I won't really be bothered if they add in some romance. I've always thought it would inevitably happen after I first played KH1.

Youniquee

Awards
How much will we discuss this...there was a 15 page thread on it. The general consensus was no. And I'm ought to agree and how are Roxas and Namine even considered a couple? They've barely interacted (Please correct me if i'm wrong). Is it because they're both blonde or something? Roxas and Xion makes more sense.

But yeah do not want, I'd rather have friendship stay the main theme because it's rare in most stories that romance is kept out of it and the focus is kept on friendship. I really like that about KH so..yeah.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
How much will we discuss this...there was a 15 page thread on it. The general consensus was no. And I'm ought to agree and how are Roxas and Namine even considered a couple? They've barely reacted (Please correct me if i'm wrong). Is it because they're both blonde or something? Roxas and Xion makes more sense.

But yeah do not want, I'd rather have friendship stay the main theme because it's rare in most stories that romance is kept out of it and the focus is kept on friendship. I really like that about KH so..yeah.
KHII, with Namine saying to Roxas that "they can be together again," I guess.

Argenteus

Across the series, we've all been pretty sure of the pairings; Sora to Kairi, Roxas to Namine, etc. But they haven't been CONFIRMED anywhere. For all we know, nothing is going on between Sora and Kairi.

No?

I'm sorry, I was a bit unclear on this. I was remarking on the popularity of these pairings, not on their actual existence. I tend to agree that romance should be left (Mostly) out of the series. I wouldn't mind some implied romance between Sora and Kairi, but it shouldn't become an important factor, if it exists at all.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
(insert that thread about Sora and Kairi's romance/friendship dynamic since I see this thread going straight in that direction) lol

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Which was the weirdest line considering Namine knew Roxas for all of the five minutes she interacts with him in KH2 rofl.

Not to mention that it was she who brainwashed him so he wouldn't rebel when the time came to merge with Sora.
Yeah, she was one of the three main culprits that caused him to lose is own existence but of course he's sooo in love with her despite not even knowing what romantic love is. lmao.

---

On topic, I've to agree with the majority here so far in that no, romance between the original characters should not be confirmed or even addressed in a central manner.
The central theme of the series is friendship and it's one of the very few series/mediums where romance doesn't play a big role and clutters things up. Keep it that way!

If going on this in detail I would be in danger of repeating myself like a record, so I'll just slip in a link to the two most recent threads on that Topic, as it is, to put it with the words of a fellow forum member:
alexis.anagram said:
This topic is like zombie horse at this point.

1. Resolution of Sora and Kairi's relationship

2. Sora and Kairi

On a side note, this may probably really benefit with a poll regardless.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
...wait so it wasn't painfully obvious of the Sora Kairi romance during KH2?

IDK Sora got on his knees for Riku and bawled his eyes out, a much more powerful scene than Sora's weird daydreaming about dancing with KH1!Kairi and giving her an awkward hug. Then the data bromance in Re:coded and the horrible innuendos "I'm inside of Riku!" "We have to enter Riku." Not to mention the whole "Riku subconsciously enters Sora's dreams to protect him, then becomes his personal knight in shining armor to wake sleeping beauty!Sora" in KH3D.

I'm being obstinate, but the idea is that even with the brief Sora x Kairi moments in the series, there have probably been more emotional moments in the seven games between Sora and Riku who are best friends. Romance is more of an undertone than a prominent feature of the series. Kairi is definitely a special person to Sora, but so is Riku and any of Sora's friends and Sora loves them all equally. That has been what Sora's character has grown into; he has become a character that loves freely and indiscriminately. He definitely loves them all differently, but nobody can truly say Sora and Kairi are going to end up together and have a romance going until it happens and there are things that should happen before a romantic relationship ensues.

Like Sora and Kairi acting like good friends for more than 20 minutes. And for this saga to be over...

Not really sure why I went into this rant...but yeah! Sora's pretty awkward teen boy moments didn't really sell the SoKai thing in KH2. Went from believing SoKai was possible in KH1 to thinking Sora likes the idea of Kairi.

If going on this in detail I would be in danger of repeating myself like a record, so I'll just slip in a link to the two most recent threads on that Topic, as it is, to put it with the words of a fellow forum member:

alexis.anagram said:
This topic is like zombie horse at this point.

1. Resolution of Sora and Kairi's relationship

2. Sora and Kairi

^ This

On a side note, this may probably really benefit with a poll regardless.

I can make one. I doubt it'll be worth it...

Edit: POLL ADDED. Have at it~

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I personally thought Sora Riku was more obvious.

That's the idea of it I guess, you can see romantic undertones in nearly every original character-relationship if you want to, but you can also interpret it differently.

Kairi is definitely a special person to Sora, but so is Riku and any of Sora's friends and Sora loves them all equally. That has been what Sora's character has grown into; he has become a character that loves freely and indiscriminately.
This is literally the most important fact that is around in the series so far, it was even lampshaded by Ansem the Wise at the end of DDD. Sora's love isn't exclusive and he doesn't put one person above the others, as is the inherent premise with romance so involving him in one would ruin that beautiful part of Sora's character.

I find myself quoting alexis again, but the statements fit so good that I have to, lol:
alexis.anagram said:
KH isn't about romantic love. It isn't about love that's exclusive between two people, and although Kairi and Sora have a special relationship, the game is really about Sora's ability to form unique and powerful relationships with just about anyone. In point of fact, Sora is as likely to start a romantic relationship with Riku as he is Kairi, because that's just the kind of person he is: he kind of loves everyone, in full, with few exceptions.

^ This

I can make one. I doubt it'll be worth it...

Thanks.

I'm beginning to think you're right, it won't stop the topic from being brought up again and again, yep.

Sorarocks93

Awards
As much as I'd like to have something like it just won't work you know? Not in a game which it's not the main theme from the beginning. It worked perfectly well in FFVIII and FFX. But it's been what, seven games now? Wouldn't make sense to add it in last minute. Maybe for the next Saga depending on what their age is.

But c'mon, it's pretty obvious Sora and Kairi are going to end up together at some point in their lives. Doesn't mean the have to show it in the games though.

I mean, they have to make babies, don't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back