• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should romance be confirmed in KH3?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Should romance be confirmed in KH3?

• Yes

Votes: 26 44.1%
  • No

Votes: 24 40.7%
  • "I have no strong feelings one way or the other."

Votes: 9 15.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfshadow

Even though in my previous posts it seems like I would love to have a romance, or slight one atleast, I can agree that if no romance happens then it's because Nomura wants to keep friendship the top theme and having romance thrown in would sort of be a ball thrown into left field.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I'm gonna say: No.

I think Nomura said somewhere that they'd leave it to the fans to decide amongst themselves about it. Don't quote me, cause I could be wrong.

Anyhow, I think it is best for the series to leave romance out of the equation. Simply because, we've went through too many titles and not once, has there ever been some sort of hint of these pairings existing. Fans should be able to keep their dream pairing alive and let the neutral fans like myself enjoy the friendship that's there. I don't see a reason for there to be romance involved in the series and it's always been subtle hints for the Seven Princesses of Heart. Sure, I like some of the pairings, but, I don't want to see the series to be defined by it.

Santiago

I went with "I have no strong feelings one way or the other."

If it happens, I'm okay with it. If it doesn't happen, I'm still okay with it.

Although I really don't see it happening. I used to think that Sora and Kairi were going to end up together back in KH1, but they've been hinting less and less at it every game.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I went with "I have no strong feelings one way or the other."

If it happens, I'm okay with it. If it doesn't happen, I'm still okay with it.

Although I really don't see it happening. I used to think that Sora and Kairi were going to end up together back in KH1, but they've been hinting less and less at it every game.

maybe thats because kairi hasnt had a prominent role in a game since kh2?

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I'm beginning to think you're right, it won't stop the topic from being brought up again and again, yep.

I know it isn't the all important topic, but do you think it is possible to just sticky the last one that was the most developed Sora Kairi topic to date (#1 link that Sephy linked to on Page 2) so that everyone would just bring it there? I do think this topic won't go away unless it is just made a staple thread.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
There have been hints of a few pairings in the series. Terra X Aqua and Sora X Kairi for example. Roxas's pairings are kind of up in the air. There are hints of both Roxas X Namine, and Roxas X Xion. I think some pairings should be confirmed but it shouldn't become a huge part of the series.

i never once got the impression that terra and aqua had romantic feelings for each other. same with xion and roxas. roxas and namine had some hints though

Lost_theMad

I vote no. It would only distract, and I feel like it'd be highly controversial amongst people. Its better to keep everyone as friends I think.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
First I can almost guarantee that the writing for the scenes would be clumsy and awkward.
Secondly: if the writers can barely keep track of the plot or certain characters, what makes you think romance is a good idea?

I'm not saying romance is a bad thing, but I don't have faith in the writers to write believable romance.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
First I can almost guarantee that the writing for the scenes would be clumsy and awkward.
Secondly: if the writers can barely keep track of the plot or certain characters, what make ps you think romance is a good idea?

Yeah, but Kingdom Hearts has always had cheesy dialogue. The romantic scenes would be no exception, but that's not really a bad thing. I can think of a lot of successful movies and/or other entertainment mediums that have had romantic scenes that are way worse than anything KH could conjure.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Yeah, but Kingdom Hearts has always had cheesy dialogue. The romantic scenes would be no exception, but that's not really a bad thing. I can think of a lot of successful movies and/or other entertainment mediums that have had romantic scenes that are way worse than anything KH could conjure.

Oh I know, but I still would rather the characters stay platonic.

Gonzales95

Awards
Sora and Kairi yes, everyone else no (apart from obvious Disney pairings). It'd be nice if Goofy got someone, seeing as Donald and Mickey both have someone, poor lad is on his own :(

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Judging by the poll, half of the site agrees with you and the other half doesn't. I guess we'll all just have to see what Nomura decides.
The poll is a nice addition, because then you start to realize why this topic just won't die.

Sora and Kairi yes, everyone else no (apart from obvious Disney pairings). It'd be nice if Goofy got someone, seeing as Donald and Mickey both have someone, poor lad is on his own :(
I wouldn't expect a world based on An Extremely Goofy Movie, but there's that one girl that he developed a romantic relationship with; that'd be good potential for a comic relief side-story.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

I wouldnt mind seeing riku getting a love interest in the next saga

Well goofy still has his son if max ever appears in the series at some point

Sokai4vr951

That same guy also said that since Sora means "sky" that Sora should die in KH3 and become "part of the sky" and watch over everyone in the universe like a god or something. It was in his "What we need to see in KH3" video.

Therefore, no. I will not listen to what he thinks, lol.

JK man i know his opinions do not matter because i know everybody is different XD btw he did this video as a request by me i didn't think he was going to do it but he did it I'm Happy he brought the topic up on youtube.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
JK man i know his opinions do not matter because i know everybody is different XD btw he did this video as a request by me i didn't think he was going to do it but he did it I'm Happy he brought the topic up on youtube.

I watched it anyway even though I said I wouldn't, lol. I agree with most of what he said, but I guess the things is just that he's a very low-watched YouTuber so even though he's one of the few to have made a video about it, no one will really care because he doesn't have a large enough audience.

The poll is a nice addition, because then you start to realize why this topic just won't die.

I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that the possibility was such a big thing in KH2. There were so many not-so-subtle hints in that game that I think a lot of fans thought that it would happen eventually. But then four more games happen, it's barely been touched upon again which is why I think the fanbase is now divided since all the games released after KH2 built more on friendship than romance.

Sokai4vr951

I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that the possibility was such a big thing in KH2. There were so many not-so-subtle hints in that game that I think a lot of fans thought that it would happen eventually. But then four more games happen, it's barely been touched upon again which is why I think the fanbase is now divided since all the games released after KH2 built more on friendship than romance.

Wasn't Kairi brought up again (not sure if thats another hint) In KH: 358/2 Days since Xion looked like Kairi due to the fact that she was Sora's Strongest memories, I mean afterall Riku did say "To Sora, she's someone very special". I know "Special" can mean anything.

I watched it anyway even though I said I wouldn't, lol. I agree with most of what he said, but I guess the things is just that he's a very low-watched YouTuber so even though he's one of the few to have made a video about it, no one will really care because he doesn't have a large enough audience.

True I'm planning to be a big youtuber. Mainly on RPG games i hope i get alot of audience if i put alot of effort to get attention. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back