• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should romance be confirmed in KH3?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Should romance be confirmed in KH3?

• Yes

Votes: 26 44.1%
  • No

Votes: 24 40.7%
  • "I have no strong feelings one way or the other."

Votes: 9 15.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfshadow

The only game to ever mention beyond friendship with Kiari was Kh1. The whole paopu fruit. Unless....Riku was secretly hinting that Sora and his bromance would further blossom in the series!

wolfshadow

Actually I think Sora and Kiari might share a paopu in 3, maybesh.

At the end of 1 Sora adds to the cave drawing of him giving a paopu to Kiari. And in 2 Kiari adds her giving one to Sora. Foreshadowing maybe?

A

auburn-flare

Friendship is central to the Kingdom Hearts series. Ever since KH1, the games explore branching concepts from the main theme of friendship such as jealousy, promises, faith, reunion, separation, etc. Because of this, I would not be surprised if they confirm romance in KH3.
Admittedly, I'd prefer an implied romance than something blatant. The series has stayed off the topic fairly well with its original characters and to add it in as a major theme in KH3 would be...bleh? Although, I can see something extremely minor with Sora and Kairi right at the end of KH3 working well and that's the kind of scenario I'm hoping for.
So to answer the question "should romance be confirmed in KH3", I'm going to say yes, but preferably in a subdued manner.
A very subdued manner.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Actually I think Sora and Kiari might share a paopu in 3, maybesh.

At the end of 1 Sora adds to the cave drawing of him giving a paopu to Kiari. And in 2 Kiari adds her giving one to Sora. Foreshadowing maybe?

This is what I'm all for. I'm one of the few who would actually want the "climactic kiss" in the game, but it's unlikely. Seeing as that's the case, having Sora and Kairi share a paupou would make the most sense at giving the implied romance without making everyone else in this thread gag. Plus, as mentioned, it would tie very nicely into the endings of KH1 and KH2.

Last edited:

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
considering the writers in the series have trouble writing most other things i don't think they would be able to do it properly.

outside of a few awkward hints, sora and kairi's relationship never really got fleshed out.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
There have been hints of a few pairings in the series. Terra X Aqua and Sora X Kairi for example. Roxas's pairings are kind of up in the air. There are hints of both Roxas X Namine, and Roxas X Xion. I think some pairings should be confirmed but it shouldn't become a huge part of the series.

wolfshadow

This is what I'm all for. I'm one of the few who would actually want the "climactic kiss" in the game, but it's unlikely. Seeing as that's the case, having Sora and Kairi share a paupou would make the most sense at giving the implied romance without making everyone else in this thread gag. Plus, as mentioned, it would tie very nicely into the endings of KH1 and KH2.

I could see at the end of Kh3, both Sora and Kiari staring at their drawing and then Sora pulls out a Paopu that they share.

moonstar_xo

I think implied romance is fine, but it definitely shouldn't overshadow the theme of friendship the KH series has been putting forward, nor should it become a plot point.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
The thing to remember about the Paopu fruit is that as a whole it's not so much a romance thing than it is a bonds thing, which is why they have Aqua show interest in it, to show it's not exclusive to couples. Not to mention that sharing the Paopu as being "romantic" is Selphie's interpretation of it. Depending on the context sharing it can be seen as romantic but the important thing is that it represents an ever lasting bond.

As to whether or not Sora and Kairi share a Paopu, I think it can go either way. The "Legend of the Paopu" says that if two people share it their destinies will be intertwined and they'll be apart of each other's lives for ever. But isn't Sora and Kairi's relationship already like that? Or Sora's relationships to a lot of people for that matter? It's more than apparent that their destinies are already intertwined so sharing the Paopu seems kind of redundant at this point. Not to mention I like the symbolism of them drawing each other sharing the Paopu rather than actually eating it. Their destinies are literally "set in stone". They can eat a Paopu and have the experience once but in the cave drawing the act is being depicted for eternity.

I like to think that the cave drawing represents them metaphorically eating the Paopu already making the literal action unnecessary because it represents that everlasting invisible bond between people that can't be formed by doing something like eating a supposedly magical fruit but rather it's the meaning behind the fruit that's important. Does that make sense?

What I'm trying to say is that the fruit is only a metaphor, there's no real magic behind it, the "magic" is in what it represents. Sora and Kairi don't need to actually eat the Paopu because it's only a physical representation of the invisible bonds between people and the cave drawing symbolizes that bonds go beyond corporal rituals so it suffices.

Of course they can always eat it as well, I think there's a 50/50 chance. It doesn't necessarily mean anything romantic regardless but I prefer the cave drawing of them sharing a Paopu > having them actually eat it because I like what the drawing represents. Or at least how I interpret it.

/rambling

Last edited:

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
The thing to remember about the Paopu fruit is that as a whole it's not so much a romance thing than it is a bonds thing, which is why they have Aqua show interest in it, to show it's not exclusive to couples. Not to mention that sharing the Paopu as being "romantic" is Selphie's interpretation of it. Depending on the context sharing it can be seen as romantic but the important thing is that it represents an ever lasting bond.

As to whether or not Sora and Kairi share a Paopu, I think it can go either way. The "Legend of the Paopu" says that if two people share it their destinies will be intertwined and they'll be apart of each other's lives for ever. But isn't Sora and Kairi's relationship already like that? Or Sora's relationships to a lot of people for that matter? It's more than apparent that their destinies are already intertwined so sharing the Paopu seems kind of redundant at this point. Not to mention I like the symbolism of them drawing each other sharing the Paopu rather than actually eating it. Their destinies are literally "set in stone". They can eat a Paopu and have the experience once but in the cave drawing the act is being depicted for eternity.

I like to think that the cave drawing represents them metaphorically eating the Paopu already making the literal action unnecessary because it represents that everlasting invisible bond between people that can't be formed by doing something like eating a supposedly magical fruit but rather it's the meaning behind the fruit that's important. Does that make sense?

What I'm trying to say is that the fruit is only a metaphor, there's no real magic behind it, the "magic" is in what it represents. Sora and Kairi don't need to actually eat the Paopu because it's only a physical representation of the invisible bonds between people and the cave drawing symbolizes that bonds go beyond corporal rituals so it suffices.

Of course they can always it as well, I think there's a 50/50 chance. It doesn't necessarily mean anything romantic regardless but I prefer the cave drawing of them eating a Paopu > having them actually eat it because I like what the drawing represents. Or at least how I interpret it.

/rambling

And that pretty much is probably why it's shaped like a star: To represent light. Therefore, sharing one could be interpreted as sharing the same light, destiny, etc. Not to mention, an important part of the tradition is, obviously, the sharing part, otherwise the bond would be merely symbiotic and destined to fail. I interpret it more as, "I'll lend you my strength, will you lend me yours?" than "I want something more, do you want the same?"

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
And that pretty much is probably why it's shaped like a star: To represent light. Therefore, sharing one could be interpreted as sharing the same light, destiny, etc. Not to mention, an important part of the tradition is, obviously, the sharing part, otherwise the bond would be merely symbiotic and destined to fail. I interpret it more as, "I'll lend you my strength, will you lend me yours?" than "I want something more, do you want the same?"

Then it turns out that Paopu Fruit are proto D-Links and when ever you share one with someone you exchange powers! 8D

/bad joke

But yeah, I can dig it. Stars also represent worlds so to add to it there's the symbolism of bonds transcending worlds and connections staying intact where ever you are or how far away. Hence, Kairi reciprocating Sora's cave drawing after they were separated at the end.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Then it turns out that Paopu Fruit are proto D-Links and when ever you share one with someone you exchange powers! 8D

/bad joke

When you put it that way, it sounds like they're trading pokemon. XD

Which actually doesn't sound like a bad way to get to know a gamer girl.

Until she finds out I snuck in Sleeping Powder onto one of my pokemon

But yeah, I can dig it. Stars also represent worlds so to add to it there's the symbolism of bonds transcending worlds and connections staying intact where ever you are or how far away. Hence, Kairi reciprocating Sora's cave drawing after they were separated at the end.
With stars representing worlds, I was thinking more of a bond of sorts that ties worlds together, a concept that could relate to KH (The entity) in many ways.

State

Awards
Personally, romance isn't a topic that kind of fits in the KH universe (at least in my opinion). They have had enough time and games to try and introduce this but the main focus and morale of the series is friendship.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Wow, this poll is intense. Every time I revisit this thread, the votes have increased, but the Yes and No are still tied. Apparently, we're completely split down the middle in regards to romance. Fascinating.

367oo2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back