• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should Organization 13 be made of Disney characters rather than original characters?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ginalea00

Awards
Like many people, I liked how the Disney villains in KH1 had a bigger role in the overall story and the worlds felt more meaningful as a result. Maleficent was also a great dark character who influenced most of the story. Even the inclusion of the princesses of heart was a great way to incorporate Disney characters into the plot. The Disney characters obviously feel very shafted in every other game and I feel having Disney villains in OrgXIII would have made a big difference.

So here’s a few options:

1. Keep all the members as original characters =They do have more freedom with original characters as Disney may place too many restrictions on their characters.

2. Replace just the minor members with Disney characters = So possibly replace the KH2 members (Xaldin, Demyx, Luxord) with Shang Yu, Gaston, Scar or Barbossa since their worlds are in that game. The COM members (Lexaeus, Vexen, Zexion) can be any Disney villain eg, Cruella De Vil, Frollo, Lady Tremaine, Evil Queen, or possibly have Hook, Jafar, Ursula or Hades from KH1 join the Org.

3. Replace the minor members + Marluxia/Larxene = same as above but I feel an iconic villain would need to take Marluxia’s role since he is the main threat in COM and to a lesser extent Larxene. I think the Evil Queen from Snow White could play a similar role to Marluxia and possibly Lady Tremaine or Cruella as Larxene’s role. They’d also appear in KHX which is the worst of all when it comes to Disney influencing the main plot. They’d also reappear in KH3 with a decent role.

4. Replace the minor members + Marluxia/Larxene + Axel/Saix = same as 2 and 3 but you would need a complex Disney character with good and bad traits for Axel. My pick would be Oswald the Lucky Rabbit for Axel lol which could possibly work with some storyline tweaking to adjust the different personalities. I do believe he would work well with Roxas and Xion as 358/2 Days also strongly lacked Disney involvement and it would be good having another talking-animal character as a keyblade wielder. Pete could take on Saix’s role but obviously Pete can keep his comical personality by adjusting the storyline. Maybe include a complex former friendship between Pete and Oswald.

5. Also replace Xigbar = It would have to be a very powerful villain and I feel Hades is a good choice since he appeared in KH1 but wasn’t defeated by Sora (as opposed to Jafar or Maleficent). Maleficent could possibly work though with a strange twist that we battled the original Maleficent in KH1 but this one in KH2 is her nobody lol Maleficent also deserves a more threatening role so being Xehanort’s 2nd in charge would be perfect after her KH1 appearance. With Xigbar having an important role in KH2, BBS, DDD, 358/2 Days, KH3 and even KHX, it would be great to have a Disney character doing those things.

There’s no way Xemnas or Roxas can be replaced. The Disney characters can also be nobodies but they shouldn’t have a name change or appearance change except for Xemnas and Roxas. And Disney characters can be very dark when they need to be so no arguments that Disney villains are too childish for Org XIII. Some of the KH3 Organization could also be made up of new Disney villains (eg. Gothel, Hans or Yokai) to replace the roles of Luxord and Demyx. Even a plot line in KH3 could have been “searching for villains to make good vessels for Xehanort”.

Last edited:

Graceful Schemer

Organization XIII is the best thing in Kingdom Hearts for me, so absolutely not. Personally, they are those who keep my interests in the series so far and going forth (with X Characters).

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
KH gameplay shines best with original human bosses. Disney characters are ultimately hamstrung by film canon & can only do so much in gameplay.

Still, I'm open to the idea of seeing nobodies of Disney characters. Like certainly Scar has one if his heartless was a boss?

WhinyAcademic

Awards
I always said that some members of the true organization should’ve been some of the most monstrous Disney Villains like Scar, Hans, and Frollo. Scar obviously is, well, a Lion, but if his Heartless was that powerful, Xehanort should’ve gone after him as a forced recruit. Transform him into a bipedal Lion man or something if he has to wear the cloak.

Neo_

Awards
It would certainly be jarring to have a mixture of Disney villains and original characters in the Organization; I can't stress enough how KH1 and what we're playing now feels like two different franchises - it's like we had a Disney villains council and Organization, and never the twain shall meet; I didn't make up that rule, but the series has been constructed in such a way (which isn't a good thing).

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I want a new Disney Villains Council that is legitimately threatening to the universe. But I don't think they should comprise an Organization XIII though.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
In an ideal world, I think the real Organization XIII should have been comprised as a mix of Original, Disney, FF and TWEWY chars and really feel like a full blend of the series in that way. Of course it didn't go that path and I think we all knew it never would. The original plot is primarily the original plot and the Disney plot is the Disney plot. I think part of this is just the amount of freedom not having Disney chars brings to the original plot but who can say. At this point, Organization XIII is dead and gone and I hope it never ever gets revived in the next saga.

Maleficent forming a new cabal of villains that are actually taken seriously would be nice though. It's funny, I really want Maleficent to succeed this time lol.

Neo_

Awards
The original plot is primarily the original plot and the Disney plot is the Disney plot. I think part of this is just the amount of freedom not having Disney chars brings to the original plot but who can say. At this point, Organization XIII is dead and gone and I hope it never ever gets revived in the next saga.

Maleficent forming a new cabal of villains that are actually taken seriously would be nice though. It's funny, I really want Maleficent to succeed this time lol.
Therein lies the problem of the series - failure to manage a crossover properly.

I think Somecallmejohnny had the most salient point ever: abolish the world order and let Disney characters run amuck so they can actually be relevant to plot. I recently just found out the reason Mickey wasn't the main character in KH1 was because Disney had their stock in a horrible GCN game called 'Mickey & the Magical Mirror', so it wouldn't surprise me if they are very strict, making it impossible to have anyone but the Mickey characters/Maleficent matter to the plot, but like you said: who knows?

Very sad that Maleficent and Pete have been relegated to Skull & Bulk, but such is life.

Last edited:

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I think the Organization should've featured mostly original characters mixed with two or three FF characters. The Disney characters would've been strange as Nobodies to me. But I do think the "true" Organization in KH3 should've featured Maleficent as a vessel, at least, or an attempt by Xehanort to make her a vessel anyway.I do hope a new Disney villain council happens in the next main game. And that Maleficent interacts with a new, original character (like perhaps the girl Isa/Lea talk about) similar to how she had a close interaction with Riku.

What would be interesting is if Maleficent is dealing with the Box / Book of Prophecies plot in the background while Hades creates his own council (having given up on Olympus) that makes up the bulk of the conflict in the Disney worlds.

Neo_

Awards
I could more so see Hades retiring to a Jamaican island after all he's been through. :redface:

D

Deleted member 246005

It would have been better off if some of the organization were from Disney worlds. They don't need to actually be existing characters. Granted having them be existing characters would have made nobodies easier to explain. The audience already knows what their existing personality should be like so its easier to tell they're faking.

Back