• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should Nomura have confirmed when they revealed all Disney worlds?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Should Nomura have confirmed when they revealed all Disney worlds?

• Yes, they definitely should have

Votes: 29 39.2%
  • Yes, I’d prefer that they did

Votes: 21 28.4%
  • I’m indifferent

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • No, it’s not necessary

Votes: 12 16.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Subzero

Ok, I know there are many threads on the subject, but I wanted to create one specifically for this question:

Do you think Nomura should have announced that all Disney worlds were revealed instead of having fans speculating?

I’m content with the Disney worlds we have, but I’m still disappointed that nobody made a statement to just confirm “Yes, we have shown all Disney worlds” or “No, there’s still more to come!” I mean, how difficult is that? A simple tweet would suffice. I would not be that let down have I known that all Disney worlds were already announced rather than speculating about the unknown... getting my hopes up... just to get those hopes crushed in the end.

Honestly, having fewer Disney worlds is perfectly ok, just not the way they decided to market them by announcing all worlds by this summer (excluding Pooh), and then not announce any more after that. Fans think there’s more (still a slim... SLIM chance we might get more) but it’s misguiding us if they aren’t being direct with us. THAT’S what irks me.

With that being said, I am still very much looking forward to the game. I just wish they were clear on this topic in the beginning as to not misinform fans.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Yeah that would have made things easier. I'm just hoping we get an official confirmation before release. Around the time of Jump Festa in a few days

Last edited:

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Yes, the end lol.

I know someone is gonna come and say we aren't entitled to that information, which is true, but being upfront about marketing like that is nothing but good. It helps to keep expectations in check and keep people from being disappointed about something they didn't really need to be.

Cuz as you said I am also pretty much fine with what we have given how large all the worlds look. I am trying to shake off that feeling that anything is left to be revealed on that front, but it is still there a teeny bit ha. Would be nice to just hear it, so I can stop thinking about that part.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Honestly, having fewer Disney worlds is perfectly ok, just not the way they decided to market them by announcing all worlds by this summer (excluding Pooh), and then not announce any more after that. Fans think there’s more (still a slim... SLIM chance we might get more) but it’s misguiding us if they aren’t being direct with us. THAT’S what irks me.
Yeah, this is how I feel. They're stringing fans along for no good reason. Especially if there's going to be fewer Disney worlds than people would be given to expect, it's important to take the opportunity to clear the air on the matter when it presents itself.

khmickey

100% agree with what has been said on this thread so far.

I am fine with the worlds we had revealed but the truth is, if it is IT - Nomura SHOULD have confirmed that after Sony's E3 Conference in June (Pooh doesn't count as a full-blown world - it's a mini game world).

The fact that we went 6 months expecting a new world because Nomura had not simply confirmed that fact either way was setting the game up to disappoint fans in big ways.

wolfshadow0118

Well remember how Nomura said he was going to show all disney worlds before kh3 releases? Well I think that he will make an announcement when the final disney world is revealed. He didn't say winnie the pooh was the last one.

khmickey

Well remember how Nomura said he was going to show all disney worlds before kh3 releases? Well I think that he will make an announcement when the final disney world is revealed. He didn't say winnie the pooh was the last one.

Thank you so much! This is exactly what I've been saying for ages and being told that my point is irrelevant. Thankful someone else remembers him saying this!

Foxycian

Awards
well there are dlc so will probably get more worlds one or 2 at best

khmickey

well there are dlc so will probably get more worlds one or 2 at best

As much as I think Square Enix would like that, Nomura definitely does not...

He has already explicitly said he doesn't like season passes or such so I'm assuming he's not going to do MAJOR DLC especially since he's focussing on FF7 Remake as soon as this game ships.

I just hope we get a couple more worlds but I doubt it...

Subzero

Yes, he did say that. But he only said that he’d reveal all Disney worlds before launch; Not that he will CONFIRM when they have all been shown.

That brings to my point that I just wish he’d confirm how many (if any) still haven’t been released. Disney worlds are a key component to the franchise, so many fans are definitely anticipating what are the Disney worlds, and how many. You’d think he, or someone, would be more direct instead of all this speculating.

Not to turn you down (because I am also hopeful for at least one more) but imagine they don’t show any more. For us waiting all this time... coming up with theories on what the Disney worlds are... speculating... interpreting his vague response on the matter... just for none of what we initially thought to come true. That would be a HUGE dissapointment and depressing because we set our expections pretty high because they aren’t direct with the simple question of how many Disney worlds? He needs to come out and say it to put a rest to all this!

The Dark Mamba

Awards
Absolutely they should have.

The announcement should've been made right after the Pooh reveal. People would've been dissapointed but understanding and thankful that at least SE was honest and would then have been happy with what they had. It's even more disappointing that they would potentially string fans along for bout 4 months when almost everyone was expecting more Disney worlds and rightfully so given that we've had 3 trailers since that Pooh reveal. It's just poor management of a situation that could've been easily averted.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
If they say they're done, fans would be up in arms that there are no more worlds (example: see now).

If they say they're not done, theories will keep going and that would just lead to more arguing and bickering among fans (example: see yesterday before the trailer).

If they don't say anything at all, they can either surprise people with more worlds, or feel satisfied that they finished the product. There are actually people here that would be disappointed with the product as a whole if there aren't more worlds. Why? Since when have the Disney worlds EVER been the core of the story? They're the core of the gameplay (which now features larger worlds on a grander scale) but no one should hate KH3 or Square for this bigger better KH experience.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Yes, the Disney worlds chosen is an undeniable marketing drive for the Kingdom Hearts fandom, and it's the marketing tool used to attract general audiences who are into Disney.

The fact that Square Enix has not explicitly stated that they will no longer market new Disney worlds has already made repercussions. Look at how many topics have been made complaining about no more Disney worlds.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Yes. It was a bit disingenuous and ending on Pooh was a lackluster choice.

notnow123487

Awards
You guys are failing to see it from the marketing perspective and stuck with how it’s a negative for you with your hardcore fan glasses on.

The only positive Nomura saying there are no more Disney worlds to be revealed is your uncertainty is finally quelled. That’s it, it’s not going to change the end product you play in January.

Then’s there’s all of the negatives. Great now they’ve announced there’s no more Disney worlds, ign and other mainstream gaming sites are going to run articles on it so the general audience is going to see this news. The KH fans are upset because it’s less worlds than KH1 so they’re spewing nonsense that the games shorter than a PS2 game! Since it’s in the news, the general audience sees this response from fans and thinks oh the game’s not done or they’re giving an incomplete experience so why should I pay 60 dollars for this game. (Exactly what happened with FFXV). And Square has now lost control of the narrative.

Not saying they’re done announcing Disney worlds allows the game to speak for itself because it hasn’t been definitively been said there aren’t any more. There’s no way that Nomura can get across why having this many worlds in the game is right because they’re so much larger in words because KH fans have been conditioned to more worlds for the entire series existence. We just wouldn’t be able to comprehend it until we’ve played the game for ourselves to see how it makes sense in relation to the other games.

Everyone complaining is just upset about how this negatively affects their short term view of the game as a fan and not how this is the right thing to do for the long term success of the game for Square, fans, and the general audience. Someone was going to be upset and it’s us, but it’s fine you have to be very naive if you think this game two generations later, twice the development time and multiple times the staff, is going to have less content than KH2.

Zaplen14

It would have been nice, but I don't feel that it is a deal breaker. Sure it could have resolved a lot of confrontation across different forums, but it really won't keep anyone from buying the game.
As someone who enjoys guessing and speculating what the next world could be, I can see it being a bit of let down to have wasted those thoughts. However, it doesn't really strike me as any kind of offense.
Still hoping that there are some more secrets ahead and would love there to be a couple surprise worlds during the playthrough :)

ghostwarmen

Awards
Yes, they should've, no ifs ands buts about it. When Pooh was shown, Nomura should've added that it was the last Disney world to show. Would've put all of this to rest and stop any talks about potential worlds still popping up. I'm still getting over the annoyance of it all

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I agree that something should have seen said. Unless there is some surprise we don't know about.

wolfshadow0118

u-g-F8M70D0.jpg

"The Jungle is jumipin'" The Jungle book confirmed to be at Jump Festa as a world! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back