• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should marijuana be legalized?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Should marijuana be legalized?

• Yes

Votes: 51 59.3%
  • No

Votes: 35 40.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darky Dee

CAPITAL H.I.M.
Awards
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
Sorry crammeling, but I have am siding with Hollow Bastion on this. Cause regardless if it is going to be legal or not, people will still smoke it. But yeah. Teachers really tend to exagerate things to scare people.

But back to topic. Marujuana will always be around. There's no denying that. And I think it isn't as worse as alchohol. Cause when you get high, you get lazy, and don't wanna go anywhere, unless you got some ADHD thing going on. But alchohol make people become beligerant.

(Oops. Sorry for the double post)

Kyuubi

Mage Killer
Have you been high? Where did you get that being high makes you get lazy? I also agree that, that "Baby in the microwave" story was a little over-exagerrated, but still being is far more dangerous then you think. Even though with it being illegal people still do, but if they get caught they go to jail. If it was legal they wouldn't have to go to jail.

RubiAngel

I have been high before, and I want to say, when you are, you really don't feel like doing anything but sleeping or eating. That's about it, like I said before, when you're stoned, you're lucky you can find your own feet. The baby story is definately over-exagerrated.

Oh, Kyuubi, since you mentioned it, the jail issue is actually one reason I think it should be legalized, too many people are in prison for getting caught with only a half-ounce of pot. This is why are jails are overcrowded. There are real criminals who need to be in federal prisons, but because of our drugs laws some of them are merely put in county jails, which aren't made for serious crimials. Well, actually, it's either that, or the prisons get incredibly crowded, which leads to a higher chance of riots and escapes...

Darky Dee

CAPITAL H.I.M.
Awards
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
Yes, Kyuybi. I admit. I have been high before. But I haven't drank or been high since last year. Cause a friend of mine died in a car accident. And I dislike both of them now. I don't do either of them anymore. But I did get the sense of extreme laziness when I was high. That's all you wanna do. Just sleep or sit there, and just keep smoking more. It's a sense of relaxation and fatigue when you get stoned.

But either way. Pot will be around, and there is nothing that the law can do to make people not get their hands on it. That being a factor. They might as well make it legal, since alchohol is just as worse, and that being legal.

Shinigami

Website
s4.invisionfree.com
darky_dee4556 said:
I don't think it is stupid. It's important. I don't see why you said it was a stupid discussion. It is going to affect us in some way or another.

When I mean it's stupid, I mean pointless. I mean, would they ever really legalize pot? Heck no. (Unless Bush is THAT stupid)

Darky Dee

CAPITAL H.I.M.
Awards
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
Well, I don't see why not. Cause I'm not saying "neigh" about it. I don't think it is a bad idea to legalize it. But, what I do think is that people should smoke resposibly, and maybe if it is legalized, they wouldn't be rebelious, and smoke it to be rebelious, and they won't do anything dumb. But yeah. I think Bush is dumb too. But I think it is up to this pea brained governor that I have that can't even say California's desicion to legalize it, medically. But to completely legalize it. I think the president has to do that. But I bet he'll let it slide, cause he use to be hardcore into that stuff. And his daughters are probably the same too. Haha.

Ultima Riku

What kind of topic is this? You guys have ok reasons that it should, but no. It's still bad. People are going to ruin their lives anyway, so just arrest them.

Darky Dee

CAPITAL H.I.M.
Awards
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
Well. Not ruin their lives. There are peopole who in fact need "marijahucha" for medication. And they aren't ruining their lives. It's making them more at ease, cause they are in so much pain.

RubiAngel

Ultima Riku said:
What kind of topic is this? You guys have ok reasons that it should, but no. It's still bad. People are going to ruin their lives anyway, so just arrest them.

This topic is here because the legalization of marijuana is still being debated.

Anyways, you are stereotyping people who smoke marijuana, I used to smoke it, and I have never "ruined my life" and needed to arrested. I know plenty of people who smoke, who haven't ruined their lives, so you can't say that "pot-heads" are going to ruin to lose their lives, commit crimes, and need to be arrested anyway, because, when you smoke pot, you're too d**n lazy to do anything else.

Also, as HB said, cigarettes are more harmful that weed. Alcohol is as well, so why not ban them, oh wait, we already know how that went, look at the prohibition era.

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
Shinigami said:
When I mean it's stupid, I mean pointless. I mean, would they ever really legalize pot? Heck no. (Unless Bush is THAT stupid)
Has anyone been to The Netherlands? Pot is legalized there, of course with age restrictions and such (I think that you're not allowed to do it in public, but I could be wrong). Is there a high death toll there? Not that I know of. Is there a high crime rate? Not that I know of.

If you ask me, legalizing marijuana would greatly drop the crime rate, as people won't have to commit crimes to get it anymore. You simply buy it legally.

Darky Dee

CAPITAL H.I.M.
Awards
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
Well, Rubi Angel. I agree with you. But I am going to cut Ultima Riku some slack. Cause he's pretty young still. And I give him props for engaging in this fopic. But I still dissagree what he says.

And I don't see why it's illegal. You can't OD on it too. Plus, there are medical uses too, as well. And we shouldn't control on what people want to do, to a certain standard. And this standard should allow the use of "marijahucha".

And like Hollow Bastion just menitoned. If it was legalized, crime rate would drop significantly. But I can't say much for deaths though, in car accidents. They don't drive under the influence, but they speed like heck. And that's the reasons of death over there.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards

So you don't want people to ruin their lives, but you wanna put them in jail, and ruin their lives anywya?

Darky Dee

CAPITAL H.I.M.
Awards
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
Yeah. Cause if you put them in jail. Their lives are going to be ruined. So they are just better off doing what they like if they are going to go to jail. So if I were them, I'd smoke, till the white walls turn black.

Kyuubi

Mage Killer
Okay maybe if you smoke it is a place where you have already been lazy, and are trying not to get caught, but if it was legal people would just smoke anywhere. This also gives second hand smoke to those who don't want to smoke that crap, and put the ones getting high in extreme danger, because they are far more likely to do something stupid, and being outside where cars,and so many other things can really mess you up. You see people just popping out them cigs for a quicke every now, and then. with Marijuanna it would be the same except then you would truly be high, instead of just looking through a cloud of smoke infront of you.

Darky Dee

CAPITAL H.I.M.
Awards
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
Well, I don't think people are dumb enough to smoke it in public. People smoke it in their house. It' not the same thing as cigarettes. Cigarettes is more of a social thing that makes it a public thing. Pot is more of a feeling that people would prefer to feel indoors.

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
Kyuubi said:
Okay maybe if you smoke it is a place where you have already been lazy, and are trying not to get caught, but if it was legal people would just smoke anywhere. This also gives second hand smoke to those who don't want to smoke that crap, and put the ones getting high in extreme danger, because they are far more likely to do something stupid, and being outside where cars,and so many other things can really mess you up. You see people just popping out them cigs for a quicke every now, and then. with Marijuanna it would be the same except then you would truly be high, instead of just looking through a cloud of smoke infront of you.
Remember what I said? It can be restricted.

THE_CRAZY_MOFO213

here is a Marijuana Legalization Put in Perspective.....

Police arrested an estimated 755,187 persons for marijuana violations in 2003, according to the Federal Bureau of Investigation's annual Uniform Crime Report. The total is the highest ever recorded by the FBI, and comprised 45 percent of all drug arrests in the United States. Needless to say, this is a significant number. In all, this is costing billions of dollars and thousands of police hours. With all this time and money, our police force could be used to track down murderers, rapists, property thieves, or other crimes that actually involve a victim. Instead, we arrested over 750,000 marijuana smokers, over 85% of which were just for possession alone, no other charge attached. The argument can't be made that our cops are not arresting marijuana smokers, because they are. In the meantime our prisons are overcrowded, our courts are overflowing, and a significant amount of money and time is being spent on a pointless crusade. I say pointless because in every case so far where a state has decriminalized marijuana (there are 12 states that have made it a fine only offense instead of jail time for small amounts), there has not be any significant increase in use or related attitudes among young people. The fact of the matter is, marijuana use is not so much related to the law, but more to cultural/demographic factors that have little to do with the law itself.

Second point I want to touch on is marijuana does not fall into the category of harm that deserves prohibition. That is, the harm that prohibition of marijuana causes is more so than the drug itself causes. More specifically, Francis Young in 1988 ruled:

"15. In strict medical terms marijuana is far safer than many foods we commonly consume. For example, eating ten raw potatoes can result in a toxic response. By comparison, it is physically impossible to eat enough marijuana to induce death.

16. Marijuana, in its natural form, is one of the safest therapeutically active substances known to man. By any measure of rational analysis marijuana can be safely used within a supervised routine of medical care."

Legalizing marijuana would have its benefits. The National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse (CASA) issued the results of a survey conducted to get the latest information on teen drug use. The survey, conducted by QEV Analytics, reported that, for the first time ever, a higher percentage of teens find marijuana easier to buy than cigarettes and alcohol. Also reported was that 86 percent of teens who smoke pot start at or before the age of 15, with the average age being 13 1/2. The argument can be made that carding children for marijuana would actually reduce availability for our children coupled with a strong, more honest education campaign. Joe down the street doesn't care what age a child is, heck some would even sell to 10 year old children assuming they get their money. A licensed establishment would care more since they could lose their license to sell if they sold to a child.

It is also important to recognize that some people will say, “The law is the law and that’s that!” Allow me to retort. Saying the law is the law because it is the law is circular logic. You are running in circles and will get no where. Not all laws have been correct. I point to slavery, women not being able to vote, and segregation here in America. I would hardly think that you “people of the law” that don’t think it should be debated would say that in Nazi Germany the law to turn in the handicap and Jews were somehow ethical. The law is the law? Think for yourselves, it is always worth debating to see the pros and cons. As Thomas Jefferson put it “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.”

Aside from freeing up police time, making space for more violent criminals, and freeing up the courts, the revenue generated from marijuana legalization could be directed to treatment and educational efforts.

So why not legalize? I do not encourage or condone marijuana use, but I do think this law needs a closer look. Staining thousands upon thousands of people with a criminal conviction over a relatively less harmful drug than even alcohol deserves to be discussed. Have we not learned our lesson from alcohol prohibition?

Goofy2

i think it should be and not because im a pothead,but if they can do it in canada why not here as long as people smoke resposibly

Darky Dee

CAPITAL H.I.M.
Awards
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
But you didn't give any reason for why you think that they should be illegal...

"Marijahucha" can be very helpful, for medical patients who need it to use it. I am not just defending the pot heads, but pot doesn't kills as bad as cigarettes. So why not bad as cigarettes? I don't think we should ban cigarettes either, cause then we'd be limiting freedom. If people choose to smoke, then, bygolly, let them smoke. If they are so called "ruining their lives by smoking pot" then what is the difference in going to jail? Jail is a waste of time, for punishment that is not really needed. Crime should focus on the more important things in life like violence. That would be ruining their lives too...So, I am for it being legal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back