• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should KH3 have a Command Deck, Panel, Or Something New?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Should KH3 have a command deck, panel, or something new?

• Command Deck

Votes: 19 70.4%
  • Panel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something New

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Action Menu

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

laddyboy12

Just as the title says. Would you rather KH3 have a command deck, (like from BBS) panel, (like KH 358/2) action menu (KH1) or they create something all new?

Last edited:

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I'm not sure KH1's can be considered a panel system? I think panel system and Days came to mind.

I think at this point the command decks are here to stay, at least for a time because it looks like the command system has been the most well received method of fighting so I think we'll get an "upgraded" version of it in KH3, which I'd be fine with. I know the point of the CS is variety but the only "problem" I have with it is that for better or for worse it's easy to overpower yourself with it since you can get really powerful attacks early on.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
You probably should have included the Action Menu (KH1, KH2) because that is a viable option.

Anyways, I'd say the command deck but with some alterations to make it less exploitable. Probably by putting the MP system back in so you can't just spam spells and you have to become conservative on how you use it. Also no auto-reload MP if they do bring it back to limit spell usage. Make it reload by attacking with physical attacks or being hit by enemies but you don't need it to reload after a certain amount of time.

Edit: I added Action Menu because it isn't like the Panel system or even a new system.

Last edited:

laddyboy12

You probably should have included the Action Menu (KH!, KH2) because that is a viable option.

Anyways, I'd say the command deck but with some alterations to make it less exploitable. Probably by putting the MP system back in so you can't just spam spells and you have to become conservative on how you use it. Also auto-reload MP if they do bring it back to limit spell usage. Make it reload by attacking with physical attacks or being hit by enemies but you don't need it to reload after a certain amount of time.

Edit: I added Action Menu because it isn't like the Panel system or even a new system.

Thanks, I meant action menu but didn't know what to call it :p

Anyways that's just what I was thinking because I really liked the MP system and command deck.

Last edited:

Shogo-Kun

Awards
I freaking loved the Command Deck system in Birth by Sleep. I just had too much fun melding commands and making new ones! I'd love to see this command system come back for KH3. Though I'd like to see the MP system come back and, based on the gameplay vids I've seen on KH3D, have a new Flowmotion system so that you can't just spam it whenever.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Definitely a variation of the command deck system, probably with some additional options regarding items no longer taking up command slots and something similar.

And no more MP, one of the main reasons the old system from KH 1/2 was so often derailed as simple button mashing mess was that Magic use was either a) completely useless except cure and Aero(KH1)/Reflect(KH2) and/or b) way too limited due to MP where there was no such limit on physical attacks.
Spamming spells (like Reflect in KH 2) is also already impossible with the Command deck since each command has its own reload time while with MP you could spam it endlessly and thus make fights like Sephiroth a joke (or i.e. by spamming Strike Raid against KH 1 Sephiroth, even allowing no-damage runs against him).

Command melding I'd rather not have back or only vastly nerfed as it was highly overpowered and imbalanced in Birth by Sleep.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Honestly I'm tired of the command system, I'd like something new or maybe some sort of variation or combination of the last few battle systems. Just something that is balanced and don't overpower you by world two.
I kinda wish they'd make something as strategic as Chain of Memories had potential to be. No I dont want the card system back just something that makes you think before you spam your attack button and megaflares.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Honestly I'm tired of the command system, I'd like something new or maybe some sort of variation or combination of the last few battle systems. Just something that is balanced and don't overpower you by world two.
I kinda wish they'd make something as strategic as Chain of Memories had potential to be. No I dont want the card system back just something that makes you think before you spam your attack button and megaflares.

We did get the card system back, but by then it had already evolved beyond recognition into the command deck system.

I understand what you mean though, but I wouldn't automatically associate either of the two with poor gameplay and button mashing.

Gram

Banned
Awards
We did get the card system back, but by then it had already evolved beyond recognition into the command deck system.

I understand what you mean though, but I wouldn't automatically associate either of the two with poor gameplay and button mashing.
That's why I dont count it. The difference between what it was and what it became (commands) was so wide.

Whoa now I never said anything of poor gameplay just that there isn't much strategy in it. I do feel a bit of button mashing at times though, usually in kh2.

Last edited:

AlbertJ

Awards
I really hope it is either something new or a return to the action menu. Or as Incognito said, a combination of the previous ones. I personally do not like the command deck and the only time I thought it was implemented well was Re:coded. 3D was alright but BbS was very broken. Almost every boss could easily be beaten with spamming dodge and thunder surge. And after going back to playing 3D after playing KHFM, I really wasn't having as much fun.

Somebody in the forums suggested that we have a combination of both sleights from KH:CoM and the command menu. That way we have small spells to use and can combine them later. We could also have an emphasis on elemental weakness, I want to see all of the elements be useful. Also have limitations, in other games you could have a deck full of Curaga or thunder surge. So just have a limit to how many of each you can have depending on how powerful the attack is.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I think it would be interesting to see something new.

You probably should have included the Action Menu (KH1, KH2) because that is a viable option.

Anyways, I'd say the command deck but with some alterations to make it less exploitable. Probably by putting the MP system back in so you can't just spam spells and you have to become conservative on how you use it. Also no auto-reload MP if they do bring it back to limit spell usage. Make it reload by attacking with physical attacks or being hit by enemies but you don't need it to reload after a certain amount of time.

But if they do use the command deck again I would say lycoris has a good idea with mixing in the KH1 MP system in.

zspek09

Website
instagram.com
A command deck with new features, incorporating the style changes as well. I would also like to see more of a need to use summons and magic to make battles more interesting than mashing X and using Curaga. Having some Final Fantasy summons for once would be great, because it seems each game has less FF elements. We already visit Disney worlds, there is no need for Disney summons as well, especially with the recent lack in FF material.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
A command deck with new features, incorporating the style changes as well. I would also like to see more of a need to use summons and magic to make battles more interesting than mashing X and using Curaga. Having some Final Fantasy summons for once would be great, because it seems each game has less FF elements. We already visit Disney worlds, there is no need for Disney summons as well, especially with the recent lack in FF material.

Ah yes an Ifrit summon would be very nice!

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
I say this in every topic like this, but I would like a system which combines the panel system and command deck system. By making commands into panels, players could really run wild with customization. You could load your deck with 15 weak commands for constant low-damage output or 3 ultra-powerful commands that you can only fire once or twice a battle but can clear the screen. You could sacrifice level-ups and abilities to jack up your deck with a slew of powerful commands, or you could virtually dump all commands and focus on abilities, stat increasers, and spells, to make gameplay more like the action menu of KH1/2.

The possibilities are virtually endless with commands and panels combined, though things would be tricky to balance for the developers since players' experiences could vary quite widely.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I say this in every topic like this, but I would like a system which combines the panel system and command deck system. By making commands into panels, players could really run wild with customization. You could load your deck with 15 weak commands for constant low-damage output or 3 ultra-powerful commands that you can only fire once or twice a battle but can clear the screen. You could sacrifice level-ups and abilities to jack up your deck with a slew of powerful commands, or you could virtually dump all commands and focus on abilities, stat increasers, and spells, to make gameplay more like the action menu of KH1/2.

The possibilities are virtually endless with commands and panels combined, though things would be tricky to balance for the developers since players' experiences could vary quite widely.

I was replaying Days and that combined with what you said makes me think the panel system has potential to be something special if they improved on what they did in the past games.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I was replaying Days and that combined with what you said makes me think the panel system has potential to be something special if they improved on what they did in the past games.
I feel the same even though I despised it. It could've been very interesting and even fun to tinker with but everything was so freakin cluttered. -_- d@mn level panels....

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I basically like the command deck system and largely how it was applied in BBs, but id also like to see the return of summons, limits, and forms. Yes, even drive forms.

I dont see how KH1's mp system could be included

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back