• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should I wait for a full-fledged KH3 DLC trailer on D23 or TGS?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Nukara

Awards
Since we didn’t see a new trailer at the SE conference, is there a chance to hear more information about the DLC at subsequent events?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Since we didn’t see a new trailer at the SE conference, is there a chance to hear more information about the DLC at subsequent events?

Every event is a chance to hear more about the DLC, but I wouldn’t expect any new news until TGS at the earliest because D23 seems a bit too soon.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I mean how does Square Enix handle DLC promotion? Do they actually show in-depth trailers?

I kind of want to skip out on watching any trailers, as the KH3 trailers (even when I stopped watching) spoiled too much I would come to find.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I mean how does Square Enix handle DLC promotion? Do they actually show in-depth trailers?

I don't think they ever did a Final Mix-like DLC before so this could be new territory.

With the FF15 stuff i kinda only remembered seeing one trailer, not too long before release. Those seem closet to a FM.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I kind of want to skip out on watching any trailers, as the KH3 trailers (even when I stopped watching) spoiled too much I would come to find.

I wouldn’t use any SE game as an example of how they’d market this, really. KH3 gets treated differently by SE.

But yes, SE will have trailers for DLC if it is meaty stuff (i.e. the episodes from XV)

Back during XIII-2’s days, they had a trailer for the “Requiem of the Goddess” DLC which was the first thing that came to mind when I was watching the Re:MIND trailer.

But this is sure to get sufficient marketing but only when they actually have more content to show off and information about the pricing and release to reveal.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Every event is a chance to hear more about the DLC, but I wouldn’t expect any new news until TGS at the earliest because D23 seems a bit too soon.

Kingdom Hearts always draws attention at D23's gaming segments. Assuming that they're still hosting one, I would be shocked if we don't have something Kingdom Hearts related.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Kingdom Hearts always draws attention at D23's gaming segments. Assuming that they're still hosting one, I would be shocked if we don't have something Kingdom Hearts related.

That’s why I don’t think there is going to be D23 news. There is no panel planned for video games as of yet (but they should have one considering Avengers and Star Wars both have big games coming, including Lego Star Wars) If they do, definitely.

Back