• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should I or Should I not? (Vista)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ultamaSora

Well, I just got Vista Home Premium today. I didn't buy it. I had just gotten a laptop and it came with a form to send in to these people, who then will send vista for free. And I just got it today, but I am wondering should I put it on my laptop, or should I stay with XP?

Rixon

i wuld chose wp because it is safe more and all of youre programs wont work in vista i think you shuld wait a lite bit more...

ultamaSora

Really? I was kind of excited to download Vista. I mean, I have two computers. This one, the laptop, I just use to get on the internet. The other one, the desktop, I usually use to download stuff and download my games on.

Rixon

My friend has downloaded it and all on his comp. erased and goes slowly
you mast have a 1 giga of ram and a very good graphic cardbut still mauch things wnt workkk....

ultamaSora

whoa, thats weird...wait, was his a newer one, or an older one? Cause mines is like brand new, and it says right on the computer "Windows Vista Premium Ready"

Azurith

Awards
Angels of darkness tread softly in the light.
Just don't even bother with Vista.

I'll tell you why right now.

If you *DO* install vista on that machine.. then you will NEVER be able to reformat/refresh the machine to the default factory state later. The reason is simple. When you install vista, it tells microsoft to BAN your XP cd-key.. which means you can't use it to install XP anymore. So you can't reinstall XP on that machine, even if it craps out. You'd have to go get a brand new copy of XP..
(Abit ingenious on microshaft's part..)

Basically, when a 'vista upgrade' is activated, it sends the XP key to microsoft's servers... which proceed to ban the key. So you can never install XP with that key again.

I don't see much of a point for you to upgrade. Alot of programs aren't working with Vista that *SHOULD* already be compatible.. *cough* photoshop *cough*... Yea, photoshop isn't officially 100% compatible, yet. And alot of other programs..

Just hold off.

~~Azurith

PS>> Linux is better. Linux on Laptops

Doctor Manhattan

Right Click, Save As
Hey, No one can force you, but I wouldnt, yet. In about 6 months, MOST things SHOULD work on Vista, Plus by then Microsoft should have stopped doing XP tech support (Buy Vista or Die, MS has some smart marketing ppl :O) So download it then I guess.

PS: If you hadn't had bought Vista yet, I would've suggested OS X, but Linux is free, so if you decide to use Vista on your desktop but not on your Laptop, listen to Azzy =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back