• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should I give Bravely Default a try?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ueki_168

So I heard about the game a lot when it came, but I didn't have a 3DS by the time, and I had to ignore everything. After I acquired it, I had KH3D to hold all my attention. Which pushed it to a corner of my memories.

I know nothing about the series. Only that it's an RPG, Square Enix, bla bla, the promotional stuff along with the love of the fans. So I was wondering, since my 3DS (the origninal blue one) is gathering dust because I lost interest on the last game I bought (Pokemon Moon), should I revive it with a copy of Bravely Default?

Information about me:
- I do like RPGs that are varied or that bring something new to the table.
- I love freedom of choice. Games that make 2 or 3 approaches valid between them are my jam.
- I do not care about fan-service or cultural references I don't get, since..
- I want to feel motivated to play the game, either by the game mechanics or the story.
- I like turn based battles, but I dislike strategy based turns (e.g. Fire Emblem).
- I don't want the game to feel long drawn out (i.e. countless grinding a la Persona, or longer-than-they-need-to missions).

Keep in mind I have very short time of play-sessions, so I have limited time per day to play. But I guess since it's a portable game, that's already covered.

Anyways, thank you all guys so much in advance!

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I'm pretty sure both it and its sequel have demos you can download from the eShop where you could see if you like it.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
It's good, but if you don't like lots of repetition and doing the same thing many times then you might not like it. Without any spoilers let's just say I loved it until the half way point, after which I actually dropped it completely, and haven't gotten back to it.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Without any spoilers let's just say I loved it until the half way point, after which I actually dropped it completely, and haven't gotten back to it.

The majority of this community dropped it because of repetitiveness. Design, game play, music, art style are well done, but it falls short when it comes to story points. To me, it's hard to recommend a game that many didn't complete, but the game is well above average in my books.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Yeah I agree, everything else worked really well which is why it's sad that the second half is what it is... I had tons of fun until then, it could have been amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back