• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should i get 358/2 Days early or late?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xSoraKeyx

Well i was wondering if i bought a Japan DSi with 358/ 2 Days could i play American games on the Japan DSi? Or should i just wait until the game actually comes out to America? :35:

A

Audo

Yeah, he wasn't asking what you two are doing ¬.¬

A Japanese DSi is only in Japanese. Everything about it. Plus, the DSiWare is region locked, so you can only access the Japanese DSiShop.

Plus, it is unknown if DSi-Enhanced or DSi-Only Cards are also region locked or not. So, to be safe, you'd be better off just waiting.

speedy931

I think that DSI has limited zones so you must buy something that you can play backups and American games with Japanese games.

But still I think you should buy it when it comes :p

Attemisc

Waiting really shouldn't be too hard. If you just want the 358/2 Days design dsi, then go ahead, it's your money and it probably will never come out in America.

But if you really can't wait that long. kh-vids will likely have all the cutscenes sub-titled within a couple weeks after it's Japanese release.

TheFreeshooterII

Im Importing the Limited Edition DSI
But
Im Gonna Wait for Release For The Actual Game in America
Will
American Games Work on a Japanese DSI?
The Only Reason im Getting a DS Is For This Game

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
No, they won't work. All DSi's have region locking, so only American software and programs will work on an American DSi.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
It does have region protection. There just hasn't been much stuff developed yet to fully test that.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Not unless you intend to only play Japanese games and use Japanese applications. Not to mention possibly learn Japanese. Or try, and most likely fail, at removing the region-locking, something a fair few people have probably already tried.

TheFreeshooterII

Just Found This!!!
"There are many different age requirements with games around the world. I’ve been involved with the industry body, and we’ve just had the Byron review, so it’s quite topical. As an industry, we are trying to take a responsible stance in that area, to make sure that we have people aware of what content they get, and that there is a certain amount of protection." -David Yarnton, Nintendo UK's General Manager.
Just remember, this is JUST for DSi-specific software! The hardware itself is not region-locked, so playing cross-regional DS games is still possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back