• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should I buy Kingdom Hearts 2.8?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

fistfulofquarter

Hi guys, sorry if this has been posted before but...

Trying to get into the Kingdom Hearts games. Where do I start? Can I just pick up a HD remaster somewhere? If so, which one? There seem to be loads of KH games out there, the quicker I can jump in to it the better. Would rather not have to play through every single one if I can avoid it.

Some info: I played a little of Kingdom Hearts 1, lost my save file and never went back to it. I know about the twist with his friend becoming a villain. Should I skip over it? Or was that in the second game and not the first?

Thanks!

Muke

whatever
Awards
Welcome! Make sure to read through the FAQ! Also, here is a page with the Staff - Mods, Admins, etc. - in case you need anything!
If you've got any questions, feel free to message me. :)

I started a thread sometime ago, which explains everything in detail:
http://forums.khinsider.com/kingdom...dom-hearts-where-do-you-start-what-order.html

:)
to summarize, though: The first 6 games will soon be rereleased on one console, the PS4, in March as "Kingdom Hearts: 1.5 + 2.5", which is a port of the collections on the PS3. The latest 3 installments are available in the package "Kingdom Hearts 2.8: Final Chapter Prologue" as of now.

If you want to get into the series, wait for 1.5+2.5

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Don't go into 2.8 without playing the other games, you'll just be confused and have a terrible time.

The new collection "1.5 + 2.5" is coming out soon for PS4, though, and it's only $50! And it's four games and two movies!

I'd play through 1 & 2, if you're okay with being a little bit confused during Kingdom Hearts II you can skip over Chain of Memories (but read a plot synopsis though). I'd watch the Days movie, but I'm warning you it's kind of boring, so you only need to see it maybe once (you might enjoy it though). You DEFINITELY need to play Birth by Sleep to understand the story, but Re:Coded only has like 3 important scenes so you can skip that movie if you'd like.

After that, you can play 2.8 all you want :)

Sorry, did I scare you away yet? xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back