• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should I buy a 3DS or Should I wait...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

LS22

okay so i have the option to buy a 3ds but i dont know if i should buy it now or wait..
what do you think i should do???

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
okay so i have the option to buy a 3ds but i dont know if i should buy it now or wait..
what do you think i should do???

You should try it out at the store then decide then. We can't really decide for you. What is the option if you don't?

O

Oberon

Personally, I'm waiting until they release a second version like the DS Lite to the NDS line. The 3DS is too new and I'm sure they'll be out with a different version within a year or two. Plus by then better games will be out that utilize the 3D feature more effectively.

LS22

I've already played it at walmart and at a friends house i played pilotwings iit looked cool but not mi kind of game and i played street fighter and it also looked cool but i have the money for the handheld but not for game so i could just play the ones that i have for my DSi
I'M CONFUSED?!?!?!

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
The new Super Mario Bros. game is scheduled to release this year, as well as the new Mario Kart.

But Mario Kart will probably suck ass since they've casualized the shit out of it. But the new Mario should be awesome. It's been described as a mix between Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Galaxy.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
The new Super Mario Bros. game is scheduled to release this year, as well as the new Mario Kart.

But Mario Kart will probably suck ass since they've casualized the shit out of it. But the new Mario should be awesome. It's been described as a mix between Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Galaxy.

Since when was Mario Kart casuaulized? They haven't revealed any details about the game as far as I know, and Mario Kart Wii was one of the best Mario Karts IMO.

I bought the DS at launch so I remember the year long game drought. The only thing that really kept me going was my inane Nintendo fanboyism. So I think it'd be best to wait and save the money instead. Allow the games to start piling up so that you actually have something to play after you beat one. I've decided to wait for KH 3D, and hell at this rate, I'll probably end up waiting for the 2nd revision of the 3DS.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think you should wait, then. If you are just going to play your DS games on it, you can go without it. Wait until the catalogue is larger and there aren't a ton of remakes. And for the 2nd generation, which will probably have better working 3D and battery life.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Mario Kart was casualized since Mario Kart Wii. The whole gameplay system is fucking broken for people who actually liked Mario Kart before.

Of course, all of my casual gaming friends love MKW, but the rubberband randomness of the AI and the powerups makes it just an unpredictable, random party mess of a game instead of an actual kart racer.

metrifyx

You should definitely wait and save up your money. By the time a second edition/more games come out, you'll have enough money for the better games/handheld. It's more bang for your buck.

I'm not buying a 3DS until either Nintendo releases the next generation (hopefully in green!) or DDD comes out. Whichever comes first.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
There aren't many good games out for the 3DS yet, so I say wait right now until there is a game you want, unless you have DS games you can play with. Its nice and all, alot better than what I expected it to be.

LS22

I still dont know its because a frien is selling me the 3ds at a very low price new and all and if i wait i may spend my money on other stuff that i really dont need and i could buy street fighter and when a new version of the 3ds comes out i could sell this version and get the new one so i think i will buy it but i still dont know for sure

EDIT:
I also heard that mario kart and a new super mario will be released this year and um really looking forward to them and kh3d but kh3d still doesnt have a release date

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
If I were you I would get it, especially if your friend is selling it to your for a small price. I mean yeah you also have Legend of Zelda, Starfox, KH, Mario games to look forward this year.

LS22

If I were you I would get it, especially if your friend is selling it to your for a small price. I mean yeah you also have Legend of Zelda, Starfox, KH, Mario games to look forward this year.

Yeah youre probably right, the price is below 200$ i dont know why he is being so generous but if its cheap Ill buy it besides Ill have street fighter to keep me busy til Legend of zelda comes out i just hope that kh3d is released this year

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
I see a late release for Japan and a early release for USA/Europe next year. We will see though.

Ventuskeyblade

i tried it out in Best Buy and i didnt think it was all that special. of course the 3ds was stuck on a plastic stand so i couldn't really hold it at the right angle to see the 3d pretty good. i mean i had to kneel down to see it and to me, it looked like one of the "3d" walmart gift cards. I personally didnt think it was THAT great. Now if I had the right game in there maybe the 3d would work for me...but for now..meh...save your money for when it gets cheaper and some GOOD games come out.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
I'll say first that the 3D is spectacular. It really is. The system itself is really great.

But if there's no games you want, I'd wait. Since the 3DS is not as hard to find as say, Wii was, you should have no problem picking one up when you've got something to play. And if the price drops before then, or a new model comes out (unlikely, but I suppose it's possible), then you'll be all the better for it. By the end of the year, it sounds like some good games will be piling up, what with OoT, Mario, Mario Kart, Kid Icarus, Metal Gear, Star Fox, and more getting releases this year. Then after that we'll have Layton, Kingdom Hearts, Resident Evil, and more. So if those sound interesting, you might want to get one sometime this fall or winter.

If your friend is offering you one at a lower price, though, then I suppose there's really no reason in waiting (since you're getting a price drop now, in a way). Since it took nearly two years after DS's release for the DS Lite to come out, and about the same amount for the GBA SP to come out after GBA, I highly doubt there will be a new model 3DS until at least late 2012. Early 2013 wouldn't be unusual. Especially since the Wii's successor will be taking up Nintendo's attention in the next year, and will probably be earning Nintendo enough money that they won't need to encourage customers with new 3DS models. It's really your decision, though.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
I'll say first that the 3D is spectacular. It really is. The system itself is really great.

But if there's no games you want, I'd wait. Since the 3DS is not as hard to find as say, Wii was, you should have no problem picking one up when you've got something to play. And if the price drops before then, or a new model comes out (unlikely, but I suppose it's possible), then you'll be all the better for it. By the end of the year, it sounds like some good games will be piling up, what with OoT, Mario, Mario Kart, Kid Icarus, Metal Gear, Star Fox, and more getting releases this year. Then after that we'll have Layton, Kingdom Hearts, Resident Evil, and more. So if those sound interesting, you might want to get one sometime this fall or winter.

If your friend is offering you one at a lower price, though, then I suppose there's really no reason in waiting (since you're getting a price drop now, in a way). Since it took nearly two years after DS's release for the DS Lite to come out, and about the same amount for the GBA SP to come out after GBA, I highly doubt there will be a new model 3DS until at least late 2012. Early 2013 wouldn't be unusual. Especially since the Wii's successor will be taking up Nintendo's attention in the next year, and will probably be earning Nintendo enough money that they won't need to encourage customers with new 3DS models. It's really your decision, though.

I agree, but I would rather own a new system and say I have one than not own one and wait for a good game to come out for it. I mean the system can play DS games so it can hold you until then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back