• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Should I be here?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I was coming here expecting an existential crisis; I was sourly disappointed.

My only advice to you is to consider this is, in fact, an internet forum dedicated primarily to a children's video game series and let that contrast with the grand scheme of things/your personal happiness in terms of your decision making.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
honestly odium crop, i think you're really over exaggerating this whole thing. just because people have disagreed with you on certain things doesnt mean you arent welcome

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
people disagree on things all the time, every single minute of every single day

does that mean that those disagreements make people unwelcome? no, it doesn't.

i mean, if you want to leave then by all means go, but that's YOUR decision. you don't HAVE to leave at all; you are welcome here, and always have been.

the beauty of the world is that even though we all have our own thoughts, our own ideals, our own beliefs, we can still get along. relax, it'll be okay. you don't need to leave, and you don't need to keep posting threads about whether you should be here or not.

and that's because honestly... we can't answer that for you. if you truly want an answer to that question, look inside yourself. dive into the innermost depths of your heart and see if you truly feel like you belong here. we can give you advice, we can tell you what we think, but in the end, the answer to this question must come from you and you alone.

just know that you're welcome here. you don't have to leave, you're free to stay. but that, as with all things, is up to you to decide.

Odium Crop

Banned
people disagree on things all the time, every single minute of every single day

does that mean that those disagreements make people unwelcome? no, it doesn't.

i mean, if you want to leave then by all means go, but that's YOUR decision. you don't HAVE to leave at all; you are welcome here, and always have been.

the beauty of the world is that even though we all have our own thoughts, our own ideals, our own beliefs, we can still get along. relax, it'll be okay. you don't need to leave, and you don't need to keep posting threads about whether you should be here or not.

and that's because honestly... we can't answer that for you. if you truly want an answer to that question, look inside yourself. dive into the innermost depths of your heart and see if you truly feel like you belong here. we can give you advice, we can tell you what we think, but in the end, the answer to this question must come from you and you alone.

just know that you're welcome here. you don't have to leave, you're free to stay. but that, as with all things, is up to you to decide.

Thank you. I appreciate it.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
I'm late on the bandwagon but, whatever, I want to give my two cents since two/three years ago I felt the same way you did and nowadays I really do not give a flying shit. Don't answer these following questions: Do you have rejection issues? Do you have an abandonment complex? It sounds like you do if you're so desperately looking for approval from people on a forum that celebrates a game series which, no offence, really isn't all that f'ing relevant anymore. You're also going to ridiculous lengths to modify your behaviour for the pleasure of others and that, my friend, sounds like some reeeal victim bullshit. Just my honesty.

Now this is going to sound douchey as shit but since I don't really care I'll say it anyway---My name is Sol. You might have heard of me, you might have not. I'm not trying to boost my name on here or toot my horn or any of that hedonistic bullshit but the point is that public opinion of me here falls on either side so I understand that shitty feeling of not being well-liked, or having that perception. But, yeah, dude---like everyone else says. Just chiiill. I agree with Dogen and Draco Malfoy on this one, and I've never much seen eye-to-eye with them in the past (then again, that was when I was a sensitive little bitch who whined about everything). So if you have three people who have a history of disagreement actually agreeing with each other on this, take heed.

The forums are here for discussion about Kingdom Hearts so do that to your heart's content. Necro posting is generally frowned upon if you post something dumb like AHYUCK I LIKE SEA SALT ICE CREAM AND I AGREE WITH THE OP. That adds nothing to the discussion and is irrelevance at its best. However, if you have a point to make or a fleshed-out opinion to share or anything of that nature that contributes to a dead thread -- regardless of its age -- then by all means, post away. I say this in confidence because I've held pretty much every mod position this site offers and as long as you're not being a dumbass there is no reason to punish you for posting in old threads. Also, nobody gives a shit if you hate Disney. I hate Disney. Disney makes me cringe and so does Kingdom Hearts. In fact, I think Kingdom Hearts and Disney are laughable pieces of trash but who gives a flying fuck about that apart from some hormonal 14-year old who stalks the KH sections?

Your opinions are perfectly fine. However, if you're being a little ball bag, expect a reaction from other members and moderators. Speaking of the moderators, they are also people. Don't think of them as the Third Reich or some Big Brother power out to get you. Most of the time they don't really give a shit about your behaviour so long as you're not spamming/trolling, harassing other members and being unnecessarily rude. They're really chilled out for the most part so don't walk on eggshells. One case of a forum member getting 'hate' isn't really that big of a deal. A lot of people think I'm a twat but I don't really care. Nobody really cares.

Just chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
tumblr_ml0llcpFFs1qfy2kdo1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_ml0llcpFFs1qfy2kdo2_r1_500.gif

Odium Crop

Banned
I'm late on the bandwagon but, whatever, I want to give my two cents since two/three years ago I felt the same way you did and nowadays I really do not give a flying shit. Don't answer these following questions: Do you have rejection issues? Do you have an abandonment complex? It sounds like you do if you're so desperately looking for approval from people on a forum that celebrates a game series which, no offence, really isn't all that f'ing relevant anymore. You're also going to ridiculous lengths to modify your behaviour for the pleasure of others and that, my friend, sounds like some reeeal victim bullshit. Just my honesty.

Now this is going to sound douchey as shit but since I don't really care I'll say it anyway---My name is Sol. You might have heard of me, you might have not. I'm not trying to boost my name on here or toot my horn or any of that hedonistic bullshit but the point is that public opinion of me here falls on either side so I understand that shitty feeling of not being well-liked, or having that perception. But, yeah, dude---like everyone else says. Just chiiill. I agree with Dogen and Draco Malfoy on this one, and I've never much seen eye-to-eye with them in the past (then again, that was when I was a sensitive little bitch who whined about everything). So if you have three people who have a history of disagreement actually agreeing with each other on this, take heed.

The forums are here for discussion about Kingdom Hearts so do that to your heart's content. Necro posting is generally frowned upon if you post something dumb like AHYUCK I LIKE SEA SALT ICE CREAM AND I AGREE WITH THE OP. That adds nothing to the discussion and is irrelevance at its best. However, if you have a point to make or a fleshed-out opinion to share or anything of that nature that contributes to a dead thread -- regardless of its age -- then by all means, post away. I say this in confidence because I've held pretty much every mod position this site offers and as long as you're not being a dumbass there is no reason to punish you for posting in old threads. Also, nobody gives a shit if you hate Disney. I hate Disney. Disney makes me cringe and so does Kingdom Hearts. In fact, I think Kingdom Hearts and Disney are laughable pieces of trash but who gives a flying diddly about that apart from some hormonal 14-year old who stalks the KH sections?

Your opinions are perfectly fine. However, if you're being a little ball bag, expect a reaction from other members and moderators. Speaking of the moderators, they are also people. Don't think of them as the Third Reich or some Big Brother power out to get you. Most of the time they don't really give a shit about your behaviour so long as you're not spamming/trolling, harassing other members and being unnecessarily rude. They're really chilled out for the most part so don't walk on eggshells. One case of a forum member getting 'hate' isn't really that big of a deal. A lot of people think I'm a twat but I don't really care. Nobody really cares.

Just chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill.

I wish that I could take your advice, but I constantly say stupid things on this forum that I always end up regretting. Unless I receive infractions or a moderator tells me what I am doing wrong, then I am going to get myself banned soon enough. I end up saying impulsive things that are not well-thought or come up in the heat of a moment.

Soon I am going to say something particularly stupid on this forum that I will regret, and I am going to be banned for it. Recently I almost ended up asking a moderator a question about something or other, and had I not decided to quickly drop the discussion, it would have ended in disaster. I am not sure how I can make my time here better for myself. I keep taking offence easily, which always leads to others being confused by my reaction, and some of my threads have been unpredictably closed. It is hard to know what to expect here.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I wish that I could take your advice, but I constantly say stupid things on this forum that I always end up regretting. Unless I receive infractions or a moderator tells me what I am doing wrong, then I am going to get myself banned soon enough. I end up saying impulsive things that are not well-thought or come up in the heat of a moment.

Soon I am going to say something particularly stupid on this forum that I will regret, and I am going to be banned for it. Recently I almost ended up asking a moderator a question about something or other, and had I not decided to quickly drop the discussion, it would have ended in disaster. I am not sure how I can make my time here better for myself. I keep taking offence easily, which always leads to others being confused by my reaction, and some of my threads have been unpredictably closed. It is hard to know what to expect here.
I have a feeling I knew what you were going to ask me anyways, so if it is what I think you were going to ask me, then yes, I am. No big deal, and really, it wouldn't have ended in disaster lol.

Odium Crop

Banned
One major problem I have is that I am not even sure if I have been completely honest with myself during the time that I have spent here.

I have said several times that I hate Disney and all that it stands for. But more recently, I have realized the magnitude of that statement and that it actually means more than I previously assumed. I am certain that I hate the majority of the Disney elements for tarnishing the series, but I am not sure if I hate everything about it. A few years ago, I was extremely interested in the old version of Mickey Mouse. I would look for expensive comics starring reprints of some of his old stories, I watched all of his black-and-white shorts (except for 'Haunted House'... It was too scary for me at the time), and I especially liked when his eyes were depicted very differently. I was so interested in it, I went as far as to get an extremely large, authentic book that was all about the old Mickey Mouse comics that cost over $500 American. This interest that I had has long since died out, but I suppose that because it was strong not very long ago, I do not think that the interest will ever truly leave. I still did not like Timeless River, but even then I am not entirely sure why. While I do initially hate Disney, I am sure that I have a soft spot for some of it, somehow.

Here comes the part that I never wanted to mention more than once... I am not very big on Anime. The primary reason? I am terrified of it. However, this definitely does not mean that I dislike it. I treat Anime the same way the average person would treat liquid mercury; it may look interesting, but as soon as I get a big taste of it, something bad is going to happen. I am not sure why I think about it this way. It is probably because I do not consider myself to be good enough for it, but I am still trying to figure it out.

I am really not even sure if this series as a whole is meant for me. As lycorismoon29 emphasized, whether or not I stick with the series is my choice. I have already stated that I hate Disney several times, which already means that I cannot like a large (albeit unimportant) portion of the series' events already. I have been overlooking this part with ease, but I do not think that I am good enough for the part that I like more. Unless I know all of the important details, I do not think that I can ever consider myself to be a 'fan' of the series. Maybe it is that I am just not smart enough for it. If that is true, then even if Disney has removed so much of its credibility, then this series was too good for me from the start.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Soon I am going to say something particularly stupid on this forum that I will regret, and I am going to be banned for it.
You don't know that.

I keep taking offence easily, which always leads to others being confused by my reaction, and some of my threads have been unpredictably closed. It is hard to know what to expect here.
They aren't closed on whims, there are reasons for it. If you want to know, you should just ask a moderator instead of assuming it's for unpredictable reasons.

Here comes the part that I never wanted to mention more than once... I am not very big on Anime. The primary reason? I am terrified of it. However, this definitely does not mean that I dislike it. I treat Anime the same way the average person would treat liquid mercury; it may look interesting, but as soon as I get a big taste of it, something bad is going to happen. I am not sure why I think about it this way. It is probably because I do not consider myself to be good enough for it, but I am still trying to figure it out.
Why...? It's just a form of media. If you don't like it that's fine, but being scared of it is... silly.

I am really not even sure if this series as a whole is meant for me. As lycorismoon29 emphasized, whether or not I stick with the series is my choice. I have already stated that I hate Disney several times, which already means that I cannot like a large (albeit unimportant) portion of the series' events already. I have been overlooking this part with ease, but I do not think that I am good enough for the part that I like more.
Loving Disney isn't a prerequisite to playing KH.

Unless I know all of the important details, I do not think that I can ever consider myself to be a 'fan' of the series.
The bulk of the fandom has only played up to KH2 so that mindset would be discrediting a lot of fans. Every person who enjoys the series can't be expected to have purchased and played every entry to date.

Maybe it is that I am just not smart enough for it. If that is true, then even if Disney has removed so much of its credibility, then this series was too good for me from the start.
You've played 2 of 7 games so why are you surprised you're having a hard time grasping the series?

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Okay, you really need to chill the eff out. It's Disney. Do you know who Disney is relevant to these days? Pre-teens and Disney employees. If you like something, that makes you a f'ing fan. Again, as I said, the mods are also members of this site. They come here for a reason just like you. Stop thinking they are out to get you because they aren't. If you get all worked up over nothing because you can't learn to chill out and say something in the heat of the moment, then expect a reaction to your dumb behaviour.

Odium Crop

Banned
I wish that I had not made such a poor reputation on this forum. Because I am easily excited or frustrated, people often do not understand my demeanour. The giant thread that I made in forum insanity is a primary example of how I do not behave the way that I want to. I end up saying and doing things that I do not feel good about, but people remember when I said them, and they change their opinion of me, whatever it is.

I hate it when I upset people on this forum. When I ask questions, I always think that I annoy people, and so I am always cautious when I do ask questions. I do not like the thought of people always taking time to write posts if I am being demanding. I am trying to ask nicely, but for some reason my posts are always open to misinterpretation, and so I accidentally offend people when I do not mean to. This is never intended.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I wish that I had not made such a poor reputation on this forum.

There are worse, trust me.

Because I am easily excited or frustrated, people often do not understand my demeanour.

Then why don't you help us understand?

The giant thread that I made in forum insanity is a primary example of how I do not behave the way that I want to.

Behave the way you want to then. No one is asking you to change for them. There should be nothing stopping you from being true to yourself.

I end up saying and doing things that I do not feel good about, but people remember when I said them, and they change their opinion of me, whatever it is.

There's no reason to care about what everyone thinks about you.

I hate it when I upset people on this forum. When I ask questions, I always think that I annoy people, and so I am always cautious when I do ask questions. I do not like the thought of people always taking time to write posts if I am being demanding.

Posting is what we do on a forum. By asking questions, you are giving us the opportunity to interact and discuss with each other. This is enjoyable for us and is not a bad thing at all. The more questions you ask, the better.

All posts take time to write. If someone doesn't have the time to do so, they won't post at all. Those that do have the opportunity and are not bothered by it.

I am trying to ask nicely, but for some reason my posts are always open to misinterpretation, and so I accidentally offend people when I do not mean to. This is never intended.

You worry too much. Take a deep breath and relax.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
this is a good thread, man. don't be discouraged. we're all here to take your concerns into account and ensure that you have the best possible experience on this forum.

Muse

you look atrocious
holy shit dude

you really need to stop victimizing yourself/overreacting

have you ever insinuated that someone should kill themselves? or sent harassing messages to anyone? maybe posted a series of gore pictures? no, you disagreed with someone in the kingdom hearts section. that is not as huge a deal as it seems, and honestly, no one really gives a shit in the end. unless you were being extremely obtrusive in the debate, there's no problem. and the thing is- you can change! if you honestly believe that your behavior is a problem, then maybe take a step back and stop posting for a while. but keep on lurking. observe how other people interact and see the reactions that they get depending on what they do.

usually assholes are met with negativity and nice people are met with politeness. take in what they say to other people and how they say it. and if you're honestly not sure if what you saw someone say to you or someone else is considered polite or nice don't fuckin say it you dingus. if you think it's rude, don't say it, unless you're trying to be rude. all you're doing is creating unnecessary stress and making a mountain range out of a molehill.

probably the most important thing you can do too is wait ten minutes after you write something, read through it to see if it's rude or alienating, and then fixing it.

Odium Crop

Banned
and if you're honestly not sure if what you saw someone say to you or someone else is considered polite or nice don't diddlyin say it you dingus. if you think it's rude, don't say it, unless you're trying to be rude. all you're doing is creating unnecessary stress and making a mountain range out of a molehill.

What was that? I honestly did not understand it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back