• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should BBS have been less complicated?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
Before the release of Birth By Sleep, many fans speculated that Terra would become Xehanort. They believed that he was once a heroic Keyblade warrior who became evil, a tragic hero of sorts.

When the game came out, this theory was partially correct. The Xehanort introduced in KH2, the apprentice of Ansem the Wise, was Terra's body being controlled by Master Xehanort's heart. Many people are conflicted about how the laws of the KH universe allowed Terra to control his armor, that became the Lingering Sentiment. Some speculate it was his heart, but that may not be true because it never showed his heart leave his body. Perhaps it doesn't have a completely logical answer. Perhaps Terra's armor simply lives because it retains the feelings and personality of its user (Terra).

Later on, Xemnas, the Nobody of Xehanort, is seen talking to the armor of Aqua, Terra's old friend. He calls it friend. However, Xemnas was a Nobody created from Master Xehanort's heart, so why does he call Aqua friend? Does Terra have influence over him? Is he saying that sarcastically because he has Master Xehanort's personality?

Many fans now speculate that if a heart returns to its Nobody counterpart, it becomes a complete person. There is also speculation that Terra or Master Xehanort will return. Now, if Xemnas did survive, who would gain control of him? Terra's heart, or Xehanort's?

Enough speculation. Here's a simple question:

WHY did Nomura have to make this series so complicated with this game?

Personally, I think that the fans' original Xehanort theory would have worked perfectly. He wasn't possessed by someone else's heart. Instead, he was a former hero who gave into darkness, killed Master Xehanort, and went on to want power for himself.

The game would have a similar ending, where Aqua defeats Terra in Radiant Garden. After his defeat, he falls into darkness, again, and she saves him, again, setting in motion the events of the next few games.

With these new events in place of the ACTUAL events, Terra returns in the next game as Xehanort. At the end of the game, he sees the error of his ways, and enters the realm of darkness, to spend the rest of his life in an eternal battle against the Heartless.

Thoughts? Comments? Bashing?

Jfighter

Enough speculation. Here's a simple question:

Personally, I think that the fans' original Xehanort theory would have worked perfectly. He wasn't possessed by someone else's heart. Instead, he was a former hero who gave into darkness, killed Master Xehanort, and went on to want power for himself.

The game would have a similar ending, where Aqua defeats Terra in Radiant Garden. After his defeat, he falls into darkness, again, and she saves him, again, setting in motion the events of the next few games.

With these new events in place of the ACTUAL events, Terra returns in the next game as Xehanort. At the end of the game, he sees the error of his ways, and enters the realm of darkness, to spend the rest of his life in an eternal battle against the Heartless.

He made it so complicated to create hype and constant contemplation until the next game comes out, making it more likely that YOU will BUY IT!!!!!! Brilliant strategy, I might add... if he doesn't go off into loony stupidity land.

A

Azrael

He made it so complicated to create hype and constant contemplation until the next game comes out, making it more likely that YOU will BUY IT!!!!!! Brilliant strategy, I might add... if he doesn't go off into loony stupidity land.

Oh really. Because post -KHII, he became a stupid man. BBS only semi-reversed it.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
mkaing the story more complex show the series matuirty growing as a whole and very musch neede

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
mkaing the story more complex show the series matuirty growing as a whole and very musch neede

I have no problem with it growing more maturely. BBS still had a great story, being the saddest game in the KH series to date. But there are so many questions, even more now then there were after KH2! He's made this series so complicated that he has to make sure everything connects well in the next game. He can't break the rules of the KH universe that he's established, and that's going to be hard to do. Then again, maybe he'll just say there are no rules, hearts are unpredictable, etcetera.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards

Because it makes both the game and storyline so much more interesting.

The "fans' original Xehanort theory" were actually many different theories, which included both Terra=Xehanort and MX+Terra=Xehanort. The Terra=Xehanort was the theory that took off and became the popular theory amongst people, while the MX+Terra theory became popular amongst "big theorist".

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
its not suppose to be the fans theory its suppose to be nomura vision

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I don't see how it's complicated, I understand it perfectly and it explains nearly everything in the series. I think one reason alot of people have been or are confused is because they have not had a chance to read the translations of scenes. Once you read the translations everything makes sense.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
I don't see how it's complicated, I understand it perfectly and it explains nearly everything in the series. I think one reason alot of people have been or are confused is because they have not had a chance to read the translations of scenes. Once you read the translations everything makes sense.

No, I've read the translations. I understand the game's plot. It's just incredibly complex, personally I think it's overcomplex.

I'll give it credit, it does explain a lot in the series. It explains who Xehanort truly is, what became of Aqua and Ventus, etcetera. But here's a big question: what happened to Terra's heart? It remained in his body after being possessed by Master Xehanort. Personally, I believe that it was released when Master Xehanort's heart became a Heartless.

TerravsVentus

He wasn't possessed by someone else's heart. Instead, he was a former hero who gave into darkness, killed Master Xehanort, and went on to want power for himself.

I don't like your game. It is too common and basic and a 5th grader could come up with a better storyline.facepalmlettuce

MX is an ass, but a Bad ass who is epic in his own ways.

Terra giving into the darkness would have been dumb.

Master Xehanort is well-spoken and experienced. He has amazing Self-control, Fighting skills, Wisdom, and uses deception to manipulate people.

Terra is a young warrior who has not yet fully experienced life and has not gained great wisdom. He thrives on instinct.

Plus, Terra seeing "the error of his ways" is too similar to Riku's story. Terra struggles with his darkness, but he can control it (sort of....). Moreover, Terra did not choose the Darkness, MX stole his body. Riku chose the darkness by choice and free will.

Riku saw the error of his ways and decides to stay in the Dark realm for the power to right the wrongs of his past. Even if it means never seeing his friends again.

As well, Xehanort already took Ansem's name, so Terra taking Xehanort's name after killing Xehanort according to your storyline would be just being lazy and making Terra some sort of name stealer of title thief.

( I realize that Terra taking Xehanort's name would come before Xehanort taking Ansem's name. Please don't be a douche about the Time Line.)

I agree though that there are some things in the current point in the series that could be fixed.

I like the way the series is going though, it makes more interesting.shamisen

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
Because it makes both the game and storyline so much more interesting.

The "fans' original Xehanort theory" were actually many different theories, which included both Terra=Xehanort and MX+Terra=Xehanort. The Terra=Xehanort was the theory that took off and became the popular theory amongst people, while the MX+Terra theory became popular amongst "big theorist".

You're right, I've heard the other theories: Vanitas is Xehanort, Ven is Sora's brother, Aqua is Riku's mom (that one I NEVER believed she's too young) etc.

TerravsVentus

I agree with you somewhat....

I need you to answer a question.

Can you explain to me what it takes to wield a Keyblade? (Supposed to be explained in BBS)

I want facts not a theory.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
I don't like your game. It is too common and basic and a 5th grader could come up with a better storyline.facepalmlettuce

Honestly, I'm not arguing with that. I came up with that off the top of my head. Maybe I'm just overreacting. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the game, I LOVE Kingdom Hearts! But I guess it HAS to be complicated at this point. Hopefully Nomura does a good job on the next game.

TerravsVentus

Honestly, I'm not arguing with that. I came up with that off the top of my head. Maybe I'm just overreacting. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the game, I LOVE Kingdom Hearts! But I guess it HAS to be complicated at this point. Hopefully Nomura does a good job on the next game.

I understand

I do the same thing.

I brainstorm this amazing story and I tell someone and it is usually from a Manga, Anime, T.V. show, Movie or Video game that I have played before.facepalm

I hate when I do that.

Shame on me......lettuce

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
I agree with you somewhat....

I need you to answer a question.

Can you explain to me what it takes to wield a Keyblade? (Supposed to be explained in BBS)

I want facts not a theory.

It seems that to wield a Keyblade, you need a strong heart. This is why Xemnas couldn't wield one and Xehanort could (this is hinted to in the secret ansem reports, in which ansem says that Xehanort opened a "door" in his castle that nobody else could; a keyblade can open any door.

Riku explains that Roxas could wield a Keyblade because Sora's heart was so strong and Sora could wield the Keyblade. Some fans speculate that Riku was wrong, however, and that Roxas wielded the Keyblade because he had Ven's heart.

Keyblades often choose their wielders. The Kingdom Key at first chose Riku (this was set in motion by Terra in BBS, who wanted Riku to be a Keyblade wielder someday), but then it chose Sora. Later, in Hollow Bastion (aka Radiant Garden) the Kingdom Key chose Riku. When Sora returned to fight Riku, it chose Sora again.

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards
I believe that BBS was not as complicated as any of the other games, but I would like, for the series in general, to be a little less complicated. Most of the stuff I keep forgetting, and then I have to look it up again, which gets tiring after a while.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
No, I've read the translations. I understand the game's plot. It's just incredibly complex, personally I think it's overcomplex.

I'll give it credit, it does explain a lot in the series. It explains who Xehanort truly is, what became of Aqua and Ventus, etcetera. But here's a big question: what happened to Terra's heart? It remained in his body after being possessed by Master Xehanort. Personally, I believe that it was released when Master Xehanort's heart became a Heartless.

MX's heart NEVER became a heartless! MX's heart and Terra's heart both exist in Terra's body.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
once its all been retranslated into english by square enix it will make more sense

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards
once its all been retranslated into english by square enix it will make more sense

Yeah, I'm really hoping that this proves to be true. Right now, my mind is reeling from just reading all of the info on BBS. Hopefully, as I play the game through in English, I'll be able to understand it better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back