• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should BBS/BBSFM be ported to the 3DS?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do You Think BBSFM should be ported over to 3DS?

• Yes, BBS in 3D!!!

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • No

Votes: 21 55.3%
  • I could care less

Votes: 7 18.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

-Roxas-XIII-

In my opinion no Kingdom Hearts game should ever have been put on a handheld system. The move away from consoles was the biggest mistake in the history of the series, right up there with making the dream eaters look like a bunch of pokemon.
If anything, all the games should be remade for PS3. Porting anything over to the 3ds would be a waste of time and money.

UltimaJackpot

In theory, the most difficult thing about a BBS port for 3DS would probably be converting it into 3D. KH3D already runs on a ported version of BBS' engine, so I imagine porting BBS' source code wouldn't be difficult at all.

With that said, an HD port would probably be cheaper to do, and would likely be a more profitable idea. A PS3 port would likely reach a wider audience than a potential 3DS port would, especially considering the userbase sizes. (And the clamor a for a console title.)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
In my opinion no Kingdom Hearts game should ever have been put on a handheld system. The move away from consoles was the biggest mistake in the history of the series, right up there with making the dream eaters look like a bunch of pokemon.
If anything, all the games should be remade for PS3. Porting anything over to the 3ds would be a waste of time and money.

That is a steep claim, and merely opinion on your part. There are many people out there who actually have and will enjoy KH3D. I honestly prefer them over Donald and Goofy and I've seen my opinion said by many who have played the game, as shocking as that sounds.

jmartin912

That is a steep claim, and merely opinion on your part. There are many people out there who actually have and will enjoy KH3D. I honestly prefer them over Donald and Goofy and I've seen my opinion said by many who have played the game, as shocking as that sounds.
I found Donald and goofy completely useless. They just ran around acting like idiots. And their limits with Sora were stupid and weak. The only ones that worked were the Trinity Limit from KH1 and COM. But that's just my opinion. I love the Spirits on the other hand. Meow wow is freaking adorable. It's limit is handy, and the fact that it heals you is adorable and useful. I think they are so much better than Disney allies. I hope they let us keep using different forms of enemies as allies :3

*They were good for comedic relief though.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Everyone does know how 3D in games work right? They don't really need to convert to 3D. All Square Enix really needs to do is render a second view which shouldn't be hard because the game already has depth to it. This is because of the 3d modeling. The plugin in my sig proves that because it renders a second view in the game by using the depth meter (z buffer). Now Square can just make the game 3D using that and optimize it for the 3DS. It could possibly be cheaper, easier, and less time consuming then an HD port. The 3DS install base is growing ever so everyday. I think they sold about 17 million 3DSes already and it's only been the 1st complete year. Porting the final mix version would create incentive to rebuy for people how own the game on the PSP already. And Square could possibly add even more content to the game because the 3DS can go up to 4gb of storage. It's possible.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Everyone does know how 3D in games work right? They don't really need to convert to 3D. All Square Enix really needs to do is render a second view which shouldn't be hard because the game already has depth to it. This is because of the 3d modeling. The plugin in my sig proves that because it renders a second view in the game by using the depth meter (z buffer). Now Square can just make the game 3D using that and optimize it for the 3DS. It could possibly be cheaper, easier, and less time consuming then an HD port. The 3DS install base is growing ever so everyday. I think they sold about 17 million 3DSes already and it's only been the 1st complete year. Porting the final mix version would create incentive to rebuy for people how own the game on the PSP already. And Square could possibly add even more content to the game because the 3DS can go up to 4gb of storage. It's possible.

"Creating the system that would allow all the scenes to be viewed in 3D without falling apart was very difficult. If there are errors in the graphics it will be exposed in the 3D picture, so I had to fine-tune it over and over."

And no doubt are there many MANY graphical errors in BBS. They'd have to go through and fix every single thing to make the 3D work. There will be a lot of time spent. They aren't going to half-ass it like you're practically suggesting.

The main complaint from fans is that they didn't want the games to go onto handhelds, so why would they port a game that barely sold 540k units in North America, onto a system where a KH game barely sold 320k units in Japan? Please tell me how this makes sense from any business standpoint.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Why does Japan necessarily matter? North America and Europe have always sold more copies of Kingdom Hearts game. It could also be a exclusive eShop port. I'm just saying it's possible like how the HD collection is possible. Let me say this Square would need to up the polygon count way up, redo some textures and models, and upscale the resolution for BBS to be in HD. At least if they don't want to half ass it.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Why does Japan necessarily matter? North America and Europe have always sold more copies of Kingdom Hearts game. It could also be a exclusive eShop port. I'm just saying it's possible like how the HD collection is possible. Let me say this Square would need to up the polygon count way up, redo some textures and models, and upscale the resolution for BBS to be in HD. At least if they don't want to half ass it.

Just give it up, the idea is stupid and will never happen

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

I don't think you have any concept of how a business works.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Japan matters because they are the ones SE is really making the games for. Also the fact BBS sold way more in Japan than it did in North America. 200k more units, actually. People are not going to pick at this handheld scheme anymore. The larger majority is already upset KH3D exists as a handheld title (mostly demanding KH3, then the next best thing is a HD remaster of the past games.) It's not a good game plan at all. They want to reach more fans? They will find them on home consoles, not on the 3DS.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
There are many people out there who actually have and will enjoy KH3D. I honestly prefer them over Donald and Goofy and I've seen my opinion said by many who have played the game, as shocking as that sounds.

I haven't played 3D yet outside of the demo or seen anything about it, but my question is, is it the actual characters you like more? Or the AIs? I'll admit that the AIs for Donald and Goofy have always been really stupid, but SE managed to learn how to handle AIs with Days and DDD I assume will also have good AIs.

Japan matters because they are the ones SE is really making the games for. Also the fact BBS sold way more in Japan than it did in North America. 200k more units, actually.

I'll say "could," though I'm pretty sure it "is" because of pirating, something which wouldn't happen on the 3DS (yet, it'll happen eventually I feel) or the PS3, so that is probably why it sold so poorly in the US. I would think SE knows that, I'm just saying, I still don't support BbS going to 3DS before PS3. I'm not saying I wouldn't mind it on 3DS, I wouldn't mind BbS on any system besides Gameboy Micro <_<

Arkrend

It wouldn't seem difficult to do since BBS's game engine is really similar's to DDD's game engine.

Porting a game between platforms doesn't depend on the engine's graphics or anything like.

You need to make adjustments to the native/source code of the engine to accommodate play on another platform if you want to port it.

Not as hard or time consuming as people think.

Though I doubt a port would really help much. People seem to just move onto the next thing, which they hope to be KH3.

Also I don't know if pirating is an issue in Japan, but I know that PSP games lose a lot of sales here because it's very easy to play ISO files on PC. That might be a possible factor in way BBS sold less in North America.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back