• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Shotlocks and Ultima Cannon

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
I was always wondering: Do projectile shotlocks count on magical strength while rushing shotlocks rely on physical strength? I'm currently playing Critical mode as Terra, and throughout his Proud and Critical playthroughs, I stuck with his Sonic Shadow (and later Photon Charge when obtainable since final boss is dark resist) throughout the game for the physical rushing, assuming it was based on strength.

I recently got Ultima Cannon, which seems purely projectile. Since Terra's best weapon is his Chaos Ripper, which has amazing physical strength and terrible magical strength, I was wondering if it was worth it. Seems nice since it attacks the whole screen, yet I noticed some basic enemies in the arena weren't OHKO'd by it unless I'm looking at it wrong. I'm already aware Ultima Cannon requires timing.

tl;dr - How is shotlock power calculated? Strength? Magic? Combinations of both?

Thanks.

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com
I think Shotlocks are calculated on strength.
Which is why at lvl 1 your shotlocks barely do any damage (especially in the Mirage Arena).

I only know that cause I saw someone playing Mirage Arena w/ a level 1 Terra who was using one of the beginner keyblades (Fairy Star: 2 attack/3 magic) on lvl 1 and literally did no damage to Mimic Master in lvl 6 of the Arena period, not wit his normal attacks nor his dark volley shotlock. The other person however who was using Chaos Reaver and was at lvl 1 was doing decent damage to him w/ Dark Volley.
So I believe it's based on strength, based on what I saw in that situation.

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com
the element of the shotlock has to be thought of too, some enemies are more resistant to fire, ice, etc... im level 50 and sometimes my megaflare wont do much damage, and the same with flame salvo

Megaflare doesn't do much to bosses only normal enemies and elemental enemies save for the Blizzard Pot Unversed only get minimal dealt to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back