• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Shiva's Gauntlet - Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Shiva's Gauntlet
Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy

The Queen of the Ruined Realm, Shiva was a shamaness and warrior-maiden of almighty repute. Using the power of fierce blizzards to cripple invading forces, she was feared for her fierce battle prowess. With her magic, she froze the bodies of countless men only to shatter them with a kiss blown from her lips. In the many years she ruled, her kingdom never lost a war. However, the Queen was faced with a dilemma; the populace of her nation had grown complacent, and undervalued the pride of protecting their ancient land. As the years passed, she soon become spiteful of her own people and often reclused to the great mountainous peaks in the east. When the drums of war beat again, Shiva returned to the capital and declared that she would no longer serve as the blade of her country's military force. Only when her people knew the honor of battle they may summon her to fight at their side. She then cast a powerful magic while seated upon her throne, sealing herself in a spectacular crystal of ice. Even on the balmiest of summer days, this crystal remained frozen to the touch. From that day on, the people of the ancient Realm revered her and the lands they claimed. As an offering to the great Shiva, those who fall in battle have their tongue severed and carried to her altar in the mountains. It is said that this is a meaning of silent reverence for the earth to which they return to. - Pulverentus Siccus VIII

Structure:
Participants will download a specific file that contains a quest for the game. The quests are a round-robin style tournament that matches preset characters against the game's AI, with special rules in effect. If players are successful, they will be presented with a specific six-digit code in-game which they can use to redeem the Forum Award. Players may also submit videos of their trials.

Prize:
The adoration and affection of your peers. But incase that's not enough, you'll get an award for your postbit:
gauntletshiva_small.gif

gauntletshiva_big.png

"Gaze upon my icy visage, mortals! Know despair!" - Shiva

Rules:
You must post what quest you are taking. They are all the same, but contain different codes. You are limited to one code per gauntlet and you will be rewarded with one award per gauntlet you complete. Your username will be entered in as the quest you chose. I made 10 to start but I will make more if there are enough participants.

When you receive your code, send me a private message to redeem your trophy.

ALSO: Replay videos would be nice. You might get featured on FFN! :> I would also like to make a specific YouTube channel for these videos so a copy of the video sent to me would be ideal.

Quests: (Remember to post which one you're taking before you download!)
Quest 1 - Maku
Quest 2 - lasersquash
Quest 3 - Souji Seta
Quest 4 - Sign
Quest 5 - E.J.
Quest 6 - Pinwheel
Quest 7 - El Coqui
Quest 8 - Wastewander
Quest 9 - 4dapollos
Quest 10 - Dark Wing

FAQ:
Q: I need a question answered!
A: Ask in this thread so I can put it in the FAQ, Jack.

Q: What do I do with the file I downloaded?
A: Extract the .RAR's folder to your desktop with an unpacker such as WinRAR. Connect your PSP to your computer via USB and open up to the SAVEDATA folder. Place the extracted folder inside. You should be able to then play the quest data in the Creation Mode menu when you launch Dissidia 012.

Q: Is there a deadline?
A: Nope.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Quest 4 please :3

Will definitely remember to save replays this time.

Awards
Website
sites.google.com
I don't even own the game, but I have a quick question.

Just for clarification: can more than one person complete the same quest? Also, if one person "requests" to do a quest, but another finishes before them, how would that work? Does one reserve a quest, or is it simply the first one to finish wins the prize?

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
You basically reserve one, and then redeem the code that I put in each one. So yeah one per person but I make more if all the slots fill.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Shamdeo, can you clarify what region this data is from?

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
I'll take number 3! These are very fun, so thanks for the occasional challenge Sham. :D

EDIT: The save icon flair is quite cool this time.

Last edited:

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I'll take number 5 if you don't mind. Looking forward to your question creations =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back