• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ship captain rescued by U.S. Navy from Somali pirates

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
Once again we create our own problems. And instead of trying to fix it, we just demonize those affected, and justify killing and beating the shit out of them.

And you wonder why people can hate America.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Once again we create our own problems. And instead of trying to fix it, we just demonize those affected, and justify killing and beating the shit out of them.

And you wonder why people can hate America.

If the situation was the other way around, the pirates would have done the same thing. It doesn't matter what nationality you are. Humans will be humans.

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
If the situation was the other way around, the pirates would have done the same thing. It doesn't matter what nationality you are. Humans will be humans.

I don't see how there could have been a reverse situation, but I'm talking about the overall condition of Somalia. Many Somalis have been driven to piracy because they are desperate for money. What are we doing to stop it? Sending the US Navy to blast them away.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
If we held one of their important persons captive, would they have negotiated peacefully?

We can't exactly just hand them money either. We are in our own little shit hole right now. And we can't just ignore the piracy. Do you truly think, with all of humanity's violent past, that we would find a way for everyone to be happy? Some shit can't be avoided sadly :\

Firo

Oh Crap
You also have to remember that the pirates had an AK-47 on the guys back.

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
We would never be in a situation like that, but eh.

I'm just annoyed because once again the US created its own problem.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
It was hypothetical at best. We make our own problems. We are never handed them. We get into messes. It isn't like the US is purposely fucking with everyone. The US takes the course of action that is deemed the best in the situation. Even if it is a horrible choice, it is their only option. You can't really blame them for being dealt a lousy hand.

Firo

Oh Crap
We would never be in a situation like that, but eh.

I'm just annoyed because once again the US created its own problem.

It isn't really a problem, the pirates showed no signs of letting the guy, so we popped them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back