• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ship captain rescued by U.S. Navy from Somali pirates

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueman

I'm not advocating piracy, but as a means of survival, I'm not about to judge somebody else.

So I can rob your family (who worked hard for their and your belongings) and you wouldn't be pissed? As long as I'm trying to survive? You won't judge me?

Okay, give me your address and I'll be happy to take. Man's gotta eat.

Blueman

You can be pissed and not judge others. I don't understand what you are trying to say.

Being pissed at someone is growing angry at their actions. Wouldn't that be judging and saying what they did was wrong?

If I stole your belongings, you wouldn't think what I did was wrong if I was in poverty? What if I shot your friend in the process?

Awards
So I can rob your family (who worked hard for their and your belongings) and you wouldn't be pissed? As long as I'm trying to survive? You won't judge me?

Okay, give me your address and I'll be happy to take. Man's gotta eat.

Holy FUCK you are a great debater. I totally didn't see that one coming. Wow. Took me completely off guard.

Blueman

Holy FUCK you are a great debater. I totally didn't see that one coming. Wow. Took me completely off guard.

Why don't you tell me your address. I'll come take your junk and you won't judge me. I need it to eats.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Seriously Blueman. All you are doing is picking fights. Quit it.

I am angry at you. I believe what you did was wrong. But that doesn't mean everyone sees it that way. It doesn't mean you are evil. Evil is way too friggen harsh. And as said before, it is an opinion, not an actual thing. YOU cannot call someone evil and believe it as a fact. YOU are too insignificant to be calling anyone anything.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
And banned just like that, or at least it was boiling down to it.
The continuous flawed debating made it hard to actually respond
in here without being involved. In any case i think that the matter
of the shootings was the only thing that could be done, because
what kind of negotiations could be made, and what words could be
said to keep those Somali from taking hostages. When someone
threatens death on another, i think the outlook is plain and clear.
I work with Somalian people so perhaps i could discuss this with some
of them

Awards
Why don't you tell me your address. I'll come take your junk and you won't judge me. I need it to eats.

Why don't we put your empathetically challenged dumb ass into a poverty stricken country overcome with drought and famine and devoid of all natural resources and see what lengths you'll go to in order to survive?

Blueman

Why don't we put your empathetically challenged dumb ass into a poverty stricken country overcome with drought and famine and devoid of all natural resources and see what lengths you'll go to in order to survive?

Give me your address. I guess I have to be black and in Somalia to get your address. Too bad. =[

But, since you can't answer the question, you would judge me if I stole your junk - even if I need it for survival. Thanks for not answering the question.

What if a Somalian pirate came to your house, killed all of your family - left you to survive - and took ALL of your belongings that your parents worked hard for? You wouldn't judge them and say you don't blame 'em?

Seriously Blueman. All you are doing is picking fights. Quit it.

And none of the staff have ever done that? I'm not picking fights, I'm making points that nobody will answer.

Awards
Give me your address. I guess I have to be black and in Somalia to get your address. Too bad. =[

But, since you can't answer the question, you would judge me if I stole your junk - even if I need it for survival. Thanks for not answering the question.

What if a Somalian pirate came to your house, killed all of your family - left you to survive - and took ALL of your belongings that your parents worked hard for? You wouldn't judge them and say you don't blame 'em?

If you were at risk of dying for some reason related to poverty, and I had something to give to you that might benefit your survival? You wouldn't have to steal anything from me; I would give it to you. That's what people do when they're capable of understanding that human life trumps currency as a thing of value. It's called sharing. Most of us learned about it in preschool, but you must have been absent that day.

And for the record, the only people who died as a result of the pirate attack were the pirates themselves. Every American escaped unharmed, so shut the fuck up about the "what ifs" of having my family murdered. The pirates aren't out to kill anybody; they want money, not blood.

EDIT:
And if you want to talk about being unable to answer points, why don't you make some sort of a comment about this:

They see themselves as people struggling to survive. They are put into this position because the few natural resources that Somalia ever had to begin with were exploited by European invaders, and the country that now remains is comprised entirely of what they picked over and decided they didn't want. A majority of Somalia is desert, and the country has been in a nearly constant drought since it officially gained independence barely fifty years ago.

I notice that your only response to that was to ignore it, which seems to be your standard reaction to realizing that you look like a dumbass.

Last edited:

Blueman

And for the record, the only people who died as a result of the pirate attack were the pirates themselves. Every American escaped unharmed, so shut the fuck up about the "what ifs" of having my family murdered. The pirates aren't out to kill anybody; they want money, not blood.

1. They had an AK-47 to his back and were threatening to kill the captain. Take from that what you can.

2. You wouldn't give it to me. Period. You wouldn't. If I came up to you and asked for all of your belongings that wouldn't make me a pirate. I HAVE to steal like the other Somalian pirates. So thanks but no thanks.

3. Answer this: Would you be mad if I came to your house, held an AK-47 to your mom and dads back, threatened to kill them inless you gave me all of your money. You would not be mad? Yes or no?

P.S. Answer: So it justifies them stealing?

Awards
1. They had an AK-47 to his back and were threatening to kill the captain. Take from that what you can.

Your point? The captain got to go home last night and get drunk with his friends while engorging himself on chicken pot pie, and the kids who held him up were blown to pieces for wanting a fraction of that luxury for themselves, even though they were basically forced into pursuing it by illegal means. Somehow that doesn't seem fair to me. Nor does it seem fair that you're able to sit here and talk shit about the dead from the comfort of a computer chair. And you called me a coward...

2. You wouldn't give it to me. Period. You wouldn't. If I came up to you and asked for all of your belongings that wouldn't make me a pirate. I HAVE to steal like the other Somalian pirates. So thanks but no thanks.

Apparently you know me better than I do. Wow.

3. Answer this: Would you be mad if I came to your house, held an AK-47 to your mom and dads back, threatened to kill them inless you gave me all of your money. You would not be mad? Yes or no?

Mad? Yes. Is the anger of one person enough to make another man evil? Certainly not. And if you really were poverty stricken, I would not presume that I had the right to cast judgment on you.

P.S. Answer: So it justifies them stealing?

Yes, yes it does. What alternative would you suggest? Letting themselves die off so they don't inconvenience the rest of us? Try having a little bit of fucking empathy, man.

Essence of Elegy

How long shall you delve into time?
Awards

Can you say "ransom"? They had no intention of killing the guy. They just wanted money. You know, pieces of paper that'll support you and your family for a few days.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Where did you get the idea that the pirates are randomly murdering people? That doesn't help them. All they are doing is stealing ships for ransom. I don't believe I heard them randomly killing the crew members. And no, if we fire at them first and they fire back and kill one of us, that isn't murder. That is self defense. But, as far as I know, they aren't killing people. They are not harming anyone. They are simply taking ships and taking other countries' money.

The whole AK 47 thing? It was a damn bluff. They wouldn't have killed him. That would mean they would lose a bargaining chip. That also would mean the snipers would have killed them all anyway. The AK was just pushing their negotiation quickly, or so they thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back