• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Shinji Hashimoto discusses KH3 & FFXV at Thailand Comic Con 2014

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Over the weekend at Thailand Comic Con 2014, Shinji Hashimoto was in attendance and held a keynote about Final Fantasy and his past & current work at Square Enix.

During the question and answer portion of his keynote, Hashimoto briefly discussed how their mobile games are growing more popular and that he believes the console market will continue to grow as long as people support their games. He briefly touched on Sony selling their shares in Square Enix earlier in April, explaining that because Sony is in their own rough patch currently, it was something they could do to repay Sony after they helped them back in 2001 when SquareSoft was having its own problems. 

When asked about new information about Kingdom Hearts III or Final Fantasy XV at E3 2014 which takes place next month in June, he had this to say:

"We would like to keep it secret. It just only a few months from now. I'm pretty sure you will be surprised.
Actually it is not only in June, there will be many events from now on such as San Diego Comic Con, Tokyo Game Show, and others.
We might tell you what is our plans, but it's better you see by yourself at Tokyo. (laugh)"

While he doesn't confirm that Kingdom Hearts III or Final Fantasy XV will be at E3 2014, the implication that we will begin to learn more about these titles after a long year of little information is exciting. Hashimoto was also asked if he could reveal some new information on Kingdom Hearts III, but everything for the game is currently under wraps so he asked for fans to continue waiting patiently. He is extremely confident in the game and believes it will "come out fantastic." 

BoN from MogNet Central was lucky enough to be able to ask Hashimoto about a future The World Ends With You game during the autograph session:

"Do you love this game? (surprised) I will check our staff about the possibility of the new one."

Perhaps we all just have to continue hoping that Square Enix will someday release a sequel based around that teaser image in The World Ends With You -Solo Remix-.

For all of the latest news on Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX & Kingdom Hearts 3, make sure to follow us on FacebookTwitterTumblr and Google+.

Source: MogNet Central

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
"Pretty sure you'll be surprised"

...I'll take his word for it.

If it's exclusive content only on Xbox One, I will not be happily surprised. Just saying :)

Gram

Banned
Awards
;A; SE folk are always such teases. </3 [hopingsomethingcomesupatE3]

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
"Actually, it is not only in June..."

Well, that may not be concrete evidence of KH3 at E3, but that pretty much implies there will be something to show and/or talk about. Sounds like they're going to give us breadcrumbs. Some info at E3, another at Comic Con, another at TGS, and so forth.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Hashimoto is the most endearing person at SE~

A bunch of non-answers as usual (with E3 coming up, he's got to be super restricted), but at least he said he'll relay the feedback. Whether he actually does so or not is another story, but it's nice.

limit

Glad to see some positive-ish messages.

(Comic con is going to be so damn good this year...)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I just want TWEWY2

Hashimoto is adorable, though. I can be upset at the things he says (not the things he's said this weekend. that's good stuff. i mean the stuff he lies about xD), but I'll never be upset at him because he has a lot of love for what Square Enix is trying to accomplish and knows we all want to play a fun game.

Also sobsobsob the Type-0 thing I'm gonna go cry now k thanks

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Hashimoto always sounds eager to please without any information to give.. It's hard to be mad.

SO, new info at different platforms starting next month? Perhaps a steady stream of information? Give me Sora's new outfit so I can be mad about it now and have more time to get over it.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I demand to know who asked for Type-0 remade as a CG movie and why they asked for it.

Hashimoto is feeding my suspicions of Kando and Ishimoto's secret TWEWY-related project. There's no way Kando is only working on KHx and Ishimoto has been recording with The Death March for the past two weeks.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I swear I must be the only one against the idea of a TWEWY sequel. They're gonna **** it up, I just know it.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I swear I must be the only one against the idea of a TWEWY sequel. They're gonna **** it up, I just know it.

BELIEVE

Yeah, I don't know. Can't really judge when all we have is "New 7 Days" and Hype-chan to go on, but at least the music is guaranteed to be amazing.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
TWEWY establishes canon that Joshua plays these games all of the time. We could easily have a new game set before or after the events of TWEWY without it being an issue story wise.

Also, giving it a 3D element with character models and environments - if KH3D is anything to go on - would help to set a new title apart from the original.

There is no way to go wrong here. And I feel a little annoyed by how they've been blatantly pushing TWEWY in our faces with no word on a sequel beyond, "maybe, lol". DO IT ALREADY.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Well, I won't be happy, but I'll be preparing for the reveal of a Frozen world at E3 over in my fortress of solitude.

Fs1.jpg

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Like really. His new outfit is gonna be so stupid, I can feel it. Worse than KH2, and even less practical.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Hopefully not. As per DDD Nomura seems to have departed from excessive straps and zippers and I hope it stays that way.

ok sunny

Awards
At least they brought something up this time. SE really loves to keep their fans at the edge of their seats, eh?

But it's quite exciting that KH3 and FFXV may have some more info to come at other gaming cons, rather than just E3! But they'll probably be handing out small bits between each convention.

SO, new info at different platforms starting next month? Perhaps a steady stream of information? Give me Sora's new outfit so I can be mad about it now and have more time to get over it.
That's not such a bad way to get over something lol.
I didn't mind Sora's KH2 outfit, but I certainly liked it more than his KH1 outfit for some odd reason. Sora's clothes in KH3D seemed to be a perfect mix between the KH1 + KH2 outfit. So hopefully it could be something like that.

But I can't help but think that he'll still be wearing those puffy shorts. I've NEVER seen any shorts like those before. The same idea goes out for the shoes. xD

estebanlira13

Man, I really hope that the KH2.5 release date is announced at E3. And maybe a little sneak peek on the progress of KH3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back