• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Shinji Hashimoto discusses KH3 & FFXV at Thailand Comic Con 2014

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gram

Banned
Awards
TWEWY establishes canon that Joshua plays these games all of the time. We could easily have a new game set before or after the events of TWEWY without it being an issue story wise.

There is no way to go wrong here. And I feel a little annoyed by how they've been blatantly pushing TWEWY in our faces with no word on a sequel beyond, "maybe, lol". DO IT ALREADY.

Heck they could even make a KH-verse Shibuya separate from the actual one like how they give all the FF characters a separate history.

SE, the trolls of game teases. (╬ ಠ益ಠ)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Heck they could even make a KH-verse Shibuya separate from the actual one like how they give all the FF characters a separate history.

SE, the trolls of game teases. (╬ ಠ益ಠ)

It already is. TWEWY introduced the multiverse concept in its own game.

Mr. H's Secret Report #19 said:
Let me expand on the concept of parallel worlds.

In life, reality is made up of a continuous string of choices, and the consequences of those choices. Every time a choice is made, the option not selected branches off and exists as its own reality: a parallel world.

Countless numbers of such parallel worlds exist within a single plane, be it the RG or the UG, and travel among them is possible through the use of Imagination.

Theoretically, anyone can jump to a parallel world, but penetrating the membrane between worlds requires up-tuning one's vibe. This limits the pool of beings able to make the trip.

Additionally, stress caused by breaking through the barrier can pull down the traveler's base vibe. If the vibe dips, the frequency may be too low to pass through the barrier. In the worst cases, it may render the traveler unable to return to his or her own original world.

Conversely, Angels are beings meant to jump between worlds. Thus, such travel is a simple matter.

Angels have a higher base vibe than the frequency of the Underground, allowing them to leave the UG, then tune their vibe to that of the desired parallel world.

TWEWY!Shibuya, Another Day!Shibuya, Live Remix!Shibuya, and with KH3D we have KH!Shibuya.

KH!Shibuya would be an interesting concept to explore. It would have had to have been a branch created from the choice of the Keyblade War that split the worlds, then thousands of years later by whatever caused KH!Shibuya to become destroyed to the point Joshua had to gather the remains to the Realm of Sleep to try and rebuild it (since it is implied Joshua didn't follow through with his plans to blow the whole place sky high and somebody/something else did it. Frightening to imagine what exactly could have happened to where only Rhyme's dreams were all that could restore the world)

(Unrelated but lol KH3D took a lot more from TWEWY than I thought. I'll have to write about it.)

Gram

Banned
Awards
It already is. TWEWY introduced the multiverse concept in its own game.

TWEWY!Shibuya, Another Day!Shibuya, Live Remix!Shibuya, and with KH3D we have KH!Shibuya.

KH!Shibuya would be an interesting concept to explore. It would have had to have been a branch created from the choice of the Keyblade War that split the worlds, then thousands of years later by whatever caused KH!Shibuya to become destroyed to the point Joshua had to gather the remains to the Realm of Sleep to try and rebuild it (since it is implied Joshua didn't follow through with his plans to blow the whole place sky high and somebody/something else did it. Frightening to imagine what exactly could have happened to where only Rhyme's dreams were all that could restore the world)

I know but I meant a KH!Shibuya that's separate from the parallels of the TWEWY games like how the FF are separate from their universes. =3

lol That....is kinda darker than how it was gonna be destroyed in the actual game.

EDIT: All this TWEWY talk makes me really wish they had a remake for it that was on something besides the IOS. TnT Not sure how long my DS version will live.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I know but I meant a KH!Shibuya that's separate from the parallels of the TWEWY games like how the FF are separate from their universes. =3

Ah, I understand. I don't think it is really necessary with the facts we have about TWEWY canon, though. With FF that doesn't have any established "alternate universe" rules/facts, having it separate from their games is only logical to make them non-canon representations of the originals.

(Personally I prefer it being canon to TWEWY because it's kind of funny to think about xD)

lol That....is kinda darker than how it was gonna be destroyed in the actual game.

Yep. If I had to guess, it was either a massive Noise attack (the only way Soul, thus Imagination, can be destroyed in TWEWY), Darkness/Heartless eradicated the world (which I find unlikely if there wasn't even enough of the world to be a Sleeping World or lost in darkness), or Minamimoto had too much fun causing mayhem.

EDIT: All this TWEWY talk makes me really wish they had a remake for it that was on something besides the IOS. TnT Not sure how long my DS version will live.

:c You could always get a new copy. They aren't so expensive anymore thanks to SE's extremely late reprint.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Ah, I understand. I don't think it is really necessary with the facts we have about TWEWY canon, though. With FF that doesn't have any established "alternate universe" rules/facts, having it separate from their games is only logical to make them non-canon representations of the originals.

(Personally I prefer it being canon to TWEWY because it's kind of funny to think about xD)
lol The reason I personally would rather have a KH exclusive shibuya is because I'd rather have KH self contained.
It's similar to why I, like many I've noticed, don't want time travel because it could add a bunch of parralels and add convolution to what is already overly convoluted and I feel the multiverse of the actual TWEWY would be just as damaging as time travel in that regard.

(I mean I'd honestly be irked beyond reason to finally get past Xehanort only for a parallel him to appear from one of these said alternates)

Plus I just like how KH has it's own version of all the characters it incorporates. o3o

Yep. If I had to guess, it was either a massive Noise attack (the only way Soul, thus Imagination, can be destroyed in TWEWY), Darkness/Heartless eradicated the world (which I find unlikely if there wasn't even enough of the world to be a Sleeping World or lost in darkness), or Minamimoto had too much fun causing mayhem.
I'd lean towards the later with Minamimoto personally because it's just within his personality. xD
:c You could always get a new copy. They aren't so expensive anymore thanks to SE's extremely late reprint.
I might have to one day though I worry for what I'll do once the DS's lose the ability to play original ds games. ;A;
(spent hours of my life unlocking everything I hate to lose it TnT)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
lol The reason I personally would rather have a KH exclusive shibuya is because I'd rather have KH self contained.

Self-contained would be nice (It's kind of the reason I am not so pissed off by Dissidia), but I'm a stickler for when canon is laid out for these things xD Sorry, this is probably something we won't agree on.

It's similar to why I, like many I've noticed, don't want time travel because it could add a bunch of parralels and add convolution to what is already overly convoluted and I feel the multiverse of the actual TWEWY would be just as damaging as time travel in that regard.

(I mean I'd honestly be irked beyond reason to finally get past Xehanort only for a parallel him to appear from one of these said alternates)

I can understand why it'd be damaging, but only higher beings can up-tune/down-tune their frequency to different parallel worlds. Even a Fallen Angel has difficulties jumping worlds to the specific one he wants despite his immense power. I'd hate to see Xehanort try to come back via that, but we know the devs are better than that.

Also crossing parallel worlds is like taking a crapshoot in the dark down a dark tunnel if you don't have the power to do so. It's easy to keep the parallel world concept isolated to Shibuya to prevent abuse.

OF COURSE the devs probably don't even think about this stuff. This is stuff fans will overthink (like right now! i need to stop before I jump down the rabbit hole) while the devs are only thinking about how cool the idea is. 8D That's why I feel comfortable with the idea of KH and TWEWY being tied like this because there zero chance of it growing out of control.

(also it'd kill my dream of KH!Shibuya in TWEWY2 as an Another Day because I find it unlikely we'll be going to Shibuya in any future KH game)

I might have to one day though I worry for what I'll do once the DS's lose the ability to play original ds games. ;A;
(spent hours of my life unlocking everything I hate to lose it TnT)

This is the time to store away a DS/3DS in the event of this happening.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Self-contained would be nice (It's kind of the reason I am not so pissed off by Dissidia), but I'm a stickler for when canon is laid out for these things xD Sorry, this is probably something we won't agree on.
I'm a stickler for canon as well but I view them as different because KH takes things from others and makes it it's own canon so to me making the KH!shibuya a parallel of TWEWY would be impeaching on both. =3
I like how KH borrows but I prefer the things it borrows be unique to it's own canon rather than apart of another.

I can understand why it'd be damaging, but only higher beings can up-tune/down-tune their frequency to different parallel worlds. Even a Fallen Angel has difficulties jumping worlds to the specific one he wants despite his immense power. I'd hate to see Xehanort try to come back via that, but we know the devs are better than that.

Also crossing parallel worlds is like taking a crapshoot in the dark down a dark tunnel if you don't have the power to do so. It's easy to keep the parallel world concept isolated to Shibuya to prevent abuse.

OF COURSE the devs probably don't even think about this stuff. This is stuff fans will overthink (like right now) while the devs are only thinking about how cool the idea is. 8D That's why I feel comfortable with the idea of KH and TWEWY being tied like this because there zero chance of it growing out of control.
>_< I just can't bring myself to have that kinda faith. They've already made Xehanort to be a troll of time and I just dont have the faith in them to make someone else, or Xehanort himself, troll enough to by pass other rules either since it's just like you said the dev's don't over think those kinda rules the fans do.

And another concern I'd have with the crossing is mythos background. Like TWEWY works around the concept of a soul while KH revolves around the heart with the soul just being life energy.
How would they translate that in a crossing?
Or like what would stop them from bringing kh/disney into TWEWY?

The dev's will do what they think will sell it most which could and has in other series lead to them breaching their own in-story rules.
I'd rather not take the risk at all than risk it for it to be done wrong, this is the line dividing us. =3

(also it'd kill my dream of KH!Shibuya in TWEWY2 as an Another Day because I find it unlikely we'll be going to Shibuya in any future KH game)
I love another day~ 8'D That scene in front of the shibuya river is always hilarious.

This is the time to store away a DS/3DS in the event of this happening.
May have too. ;n; *thethoughtofmycurrentoneactuallydyingsaddensme*

Last edited:

ok sunny

Awards
Really?
Are you sure?
mickeymouse_narrowweb__300x381,0.jpg

Not even a little bit?
Alright, alright. They're similar. But Sora's shorts seem to be a bit more puffy that this. But the shoes are identical. I just forgot that Sora's outfit was based off of Mickey lol

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
TWEWY establishes canon that Joshua plays these games all of the time. We could easily have a new game set before or after the events of TWEWY without it being an issue story wise.

Also, giving it a 3D element with character models and environments - if KH3D is anything to go on - would help to set a new title apart from the original.

There is no way to go wrong here. And I feel a little annoyed by how they've been blatantly pushing TWEWY in our faces with no word on a sequel beyond, "maybe, lol". DO IT ALREADY.
Advent Children, Chrono Cross, X-2, LR, KH2, 3rd Birthday, the After Years; every time they do a sequel to something its at best good but with a number of standout flaws or questionable design choices. & almost all of them just about lose their minds when it comes to coherent storytelling. Meanwhile the main numbered FFs & main number DQs are independent worlds & stories. Basically S-E's track record seems to indicate they're better at making new worlds than continuing them.

Past that, I just plain prefer TWEWY to be a one-of-a-kind entity in gaming. Makes it seems more special that way. Not everything needs to be turned into a franchise afterall.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Advent Children

Had a different director from the games, so I imagine that played a massive role in the complete tone shift in AC.

Also a product of a different director from the first game. If it had been handled by Kitase as director rather than Toriyama as director, I think it would have been a bit different from what we got. Maybe with the same theme of Yuna's self-discovery but probably less of the...pop.

We can blame this on the lack of vision they had with XIII and having made XIII-2 as a way to reuse assets rather than having to spend the money making a new title. Also, they needed to get their money's worth from Crystal Tools. Also looks more like a cancelled game than something that was supposed to be a continuation to XIII-2. (personally I think they took some assets from the PS3 version of Versus that probably couldn't be used for XV but lol we'll never know if that is true or not)

This can be argued. There is quite large amount of fans who really enjoyed KH2 and find it to be their favorite of the series. It's not to me but many liked it for the same reasons most of us on here disliked it. KH2 was rushed. They were under pressure to release a game, and while it turned out just fine you can see it in the writing.

On the writing, you can tell Nojima was probably very uncomfortable writing the scenario. Nojima is hardly a terrible writer, but he is hit-and-miss (I would like to to pick his mind to understand his reasoning for decapitating Tidus' head) and I don't think he's really the type of person who can tell the story of a happy-go-lucky teenage boy and his journeys to Disney worlds. Without staff like Akiyama or Watanabe there to balance things out and try to write a more natural-feeling script, what he came up with was left feeling awkward (and the translation even more so) and vaguely mid-2000s shonen anime feeling.

3rd Birthday

I blame this on Toriyama's piss-poor writing (the man has ideas but uh...he needs to not follow through on them). The gameplay systems as a portable shooter was great so Tabata got that right (improvising for handhelds is what he's good at). Also the concept around T3B was interesting and I think the only reason why it was such a mess was because of the scenario Toriyama wrote based on the idea was absolute bullshit.

The good part about T3B is that we can believe it to not be canon and wouldn't be wrong 8D

But you are right that they are better at building new concepts than building on the old. LRFF especially looks and feels like it was probably meant to be a new IP and not a part of the Lightning Saga. And they probably shouldn't have made the After Years...

Past that, I just plain prefer TWEWY to be a one-of-a-kind entity in gaming. Makes it seems more special that way. Not everything needs to be turned into a franchise afterall.

It's a shame they already made it into something of a franchise with TWEWY -Live Remix-

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
*raises hand* I am an example of the fans that liked KH2 (I find it on par with the original). KH1's story was new and mysterious, KH2 successfully managed to expand on it. I was surprised to see that Ansem was alive, but was actually Riku. Then the man on the portrait was actually the true Ansem's apprentice who was posing as him with his Heartless and his Nobody was the leader of the Organization.

But yeah, TWEWY sequel/prequel has to happen. The fandom was fed with a teaser image. You can't expect to feed a table with an appetizer to later have them wait forever for their dinner. As to KH3 news: like I stated in a previous thread, I expect a small batch of screenshots on a monthly basis.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
If anyone is going to the San Diego Comic Con in July, we'd love to know.

kmorris2609

I feel like we're not going to get any new information until they actually present KH3 at a con or release a new trailer. It seems like they are very restricted in the information they are allowed to release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back