• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Shinji Hashimoto discusses KH2.8, 2.9, and more at Lucca Comics & Games

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I'll just say maybe making things like why Vanitas looks like Sora and his appearance before that bond common knowledge and not something you need to dig for might be better. Or the fact that apparently No Heart is featured in the Xehanort Ultimania (yet still mantaining its identity a mystery) and MF's match is canon in the storyline, not just a preview of DDD.
Honestly, I only see positives: a lot of fans would stop making those memes born from misunderstandings, experts/lore nazis would stop being annoyed by said fans, and seriously, I totally want a KH lorebook.

There's also this little Kronk devil on my shoulder whispering Nomura doesn't want to do that because some part of the lore are plainly weak and gimmicky, and with interviews is easier to slip by.

Griewer

Awards
I'll just say maybe making things like why Vanitas looks like Sora and his appearance before that bond common knowledge and not something you need to dig for might be better. Or the fact that apparently No Heart is featured in the Xehanort Ultimania (yet still mantaining its identity a mystery) and MF's match is canon in the storyline, not just a preview of DDD.
Honestly, I only see positives: a lot of fans would stop making those memes born from misunderstandings, experts/lore nazis would stop being annoyed by said fans, and seriously, I totally want a KH lorebook.

There's also this little Kronk devil on my shoulder whispering Nomura doesn't want to do that because some part of the lore are plainly weak and gimmicky, and with interviews is easier to slip by.

At least he didn't pull a Kojima... yet <_<
I'll never forgive the master for the Phantom Pain.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I think what he was referring to is the fact that this is Hashimoto's answer to fans being confused by the plot. Because that itself isn't due to the console-hopping, but rather the storytelling of the games themselves. Even if you play all of them, it doesn't mean the plot isn't confusing anymore.
I would disagree. I think the plot is perfectly palatable using only the in-game content. Obviously we know there's a little more to the machinations and universe, but it's not necessary to understand what's under the hood. Someone who plays every game should have a working understanding and solid grasp of the plot.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I think what he was referring to is the fact that this is Hashimoto's answer to fans being confused by the plot. Because that itself isn't due to the console-hopping, but rather the storytelling of the games themselves. Even if you play all of them, it doesn't mean the plot isn't confusing anymore.

While the presentation could certainly better in some areas I admit, one can make sense of the general plot by combining in-game cutscenes, secret reports and journal entries alone.
Of course, one must not be too lazy to actually read all that stuff in-game and not just click it once to get the blinking "new" away.

The Ultimanias and interviews give definitive answers to some mysteries and plot points in one single run, but one can arrive at the same answers by combining the three mentioned above not only in one single game, but across all the games in the series and that gets definitely easier with all of them on one single console.
That is certainly more time-consuming and actually requires some deduction skills and the ability to connect dots, but it is possible.
One just needs to actually want to dig into it and make the connections that are there and not expecting to get everything delivered on a silver platter directly spelled out.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I'll have to disagree with you both.
"General" is a pretty vague term: if you're talking about what Sora's journey is about, who are the characters, where do they come from (usually), sure;
But, how much of Kingdom Hearts is "general", and how much is "hidden"? More like, how important is the hidden stuff?
Between the countless examples I could make, I'll bring to the table one that happened to me right here on this forum: Data-Sora and his Keyblade, which turns out to still be fake.
Well, the game and 2.5's cutscenes never use the word "fake"; instead they keep claiming that Keyblade comes from Data-Sora's new heart and can be summoned as will to defeat the Heartless. Using my only deduction skills and connecting the dots, I arrived to the conclusion that was a real Keyblade: it was a nice touch along the lines of "even Data have hearts" started in KH II with Tron and completed in Coded.
Well, as some kind souls told me here, Nomura stated in an interview that Keyblade is still fake. And considering how Kingdom Hearts is, and all the countless mysteries about KH III's cast, another true Keyblade chosen one is kind of a huge deal, and not just lore stuff.

Going along with the gift argument, how Sora got his Keyblade power, or what Keyblades is Roxas using: please tell me again that part of the saga is crystal clear and not confusing at all. Using only the games and my deductive skills, I saw the Keyblade wielder Ventus entering in Sora's heart and Sora using a Keyblade, what else was I supposed to think? What in the games told me Ventus heart was inactive until Xion's defeat?
Again, I think this is kind of important.
Last, although I will admit is not the devs side's fault, the KH fandom... many are still convinced Terra's wood keyblade was a real one with powers, for one.
No offence to anyone, but a good dev should also realize what his fans can and cannot do on their own and aid them, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back