• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Shinji Hashimoto discusses KH2.8, 2.9, and more at Lucca Comics & Games

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Well I don't much care about minor graphical upgrades, but if there's anything more substantial like glitch fixing, soundtrack selection, or a theater mode for KH1, I'll be hard pressed to resist getting this....though I probably wouldn't play it for at least another 5 years.

Also KHI, your new banner makes me sad. I like Aqua, but it just reminds me how Kairi's been treated :(

We've had Kairi before with the new Keyart from Kingdom Hearts Chi. But there is no new artwork drawn for Kairi in 2.8. If anything, Kairi appearing in 0.2 might have some more hints for her role in the future.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Dr_Mario64

I am so goddamn tired of the "Kingdom Hearts 2.3948504-2 Days by Re:Sleep haha xD" joke.

I KNOW RIGHT?! The worst part of it is that the people who say this bullshit act like KH3 is the only game that matters. They are not spinoffs; they're side stories. The Kingdom Hearts series is meant to be experienced as a whole. How do people have such a hard time understanding this?!

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I KNOW RIGHT?! The worst part of it is that the people who say this bullshit act like KH3 is the only game that matters. They are not spinoffs; they're side stories. The Kingdom Hearts series is meant to be experienced as a whole. How do people have such a hard time understanding this?!

Because (this isn't always the case, but it's true more often than not) people are too lazy to play all of them and so labeling them spinoffs and saying they're unimportant justifies their decision to not play it but continue to bitch that the plot is "soooo convoluted omg wtf".

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Because (this isn't always the case, but it's true more often than not) people are too lazy to play all of them and so labeling them spinoffs and saying they're unimportant justifies their decision to not play it but continue to bitch that the plot is "soooo convoluted omg wtf".

Lazy good for nothings, I played eight out of the Nine released games, not that hard.

Griewer

Awards

First of all, most of these spin-offs were originally created for individual consoles; not everyone has the kind of money to buy a console for the sake of one game. Moreover most of these spinoffs either had a terrible battle system or dull gameplay or both. :'D
I somehow managed to get a working DS emulator and suffer through days. CoM is even worse. Unchained has very little gameplay content and story content is sparse even if the game itself can be considered lore-rich. /No, swapping my finger across the mobile screen and spending 3-4 types of collectible points on different stuff is not gameplay/

And let's be honest... even if you play through every spinoff game, the story remains convoluted as hell. Actually... it just gets even more bizarre if you start playing the spinoffs. :'D

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
We've had Kairi before with the new Keyart from Kingdom Hearts Chi. But there is no new artwork drawn for Kairi in 2.8. If anything, Kairi appearing in 0.2 might have some more hints for her role in the future.

Spoiler Spoiler Show
i think we been starring at kairi and riku new clothes the whole time time and we just don't it yet :)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
i think we been starring at kairi and riku new clothes the whole time time and we just don't it yet :)

Um, everybody's been talking about the new clothes since the new art appeared and it is all but confirmed it is their new KH3 outfits. Where have you been lol xD

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Um, everybody's been talking about the new clothes since the new art appeared and it is all but confirmed it is their new KH3 outfits. Where have you been lol xD
i know master spokanort i was one them lol but there are people out there still don't believe those are the actuall outfits

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Hearing the voices of fans who are confused by the convoluted plot of Kingdom Hearts, Hashimoto reassured fans that they can get caught up with the entire plot of the Kingdom Hearts series in March 2017, when Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX will be released. That means the plot for the entire Kingdom Hearts series will be available on Playstation 4 early next year.

Yeah....that doesn't even remotely fixes that problem for anyone.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Yeah....that doesn't even remotely fixes that problem for anyone.

You gotta be kidding.
One of the biggest complaints of the fanbase was the wide console-spread across multiple different platforms.

With 1.5 + 2.5 on PS 4 together with 2.8 and III the whole series is available on one single console now. You can't get it more comfortable than that.
This situation is even more comfortable than it was in 2005 when KH II first came out as during that time CoM didn't exist outside the Gameboy.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
You gotta be kidding.
One of the biggest complaints of the fanbase was the wide console-spread across multiple different platforms.

With 1.5 + 2.5 on PS 4 together with 2.8 and III the whole series is available on one single console now. You can't get it more comfortable than that.
This situation is even more comfortable than it was in 2005 when KH II first came out as during that time CoM didn't exist outside the Gameboy.

I think what he was referring to is the fact that this is Hashimoto's answer to fans being confused by the plot. Because that itself isn't due to the console-hopping, but rather the storytelling of the games themselves. Even if you play all of them, it doesn't mean the plot isn't confusing anymore.

Dr_Mario64

I think what he was referring to is the fact that this is Hashimoto's answer to fans being confused by the plot. Because that itself isn't due to the console-hopping, but rather the storytelling of the games themselves. Even if you play all of them, it doesn't mean the plot isn't confusing anymore.

I mean, yeah it is convoluted, but if you sit down to do the brainwork everything eventually comes together. I've been a fan ever since KH2, and the amount canon violations and plot holes I've noticed is shockingly low. Even if you're not interested in the overall lore, each game's plot holds up really well on its own, for the most part. The primary issue for me was the multiple platforms. Thanks to the HD Remixes, new fans won't have the same trouble because getting into the series is easier than ever!

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
For normal plot? Sure.
But until Nomura puts a friggin' Ultimania lorebook in the collection, which contains every important bit he said in interviews so far, he can't talk about understanding ALL of the plot.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Honestly, the plot isn't as confusing as people make it seem.

Griewer

Awards
I mean, yeah it is convoluted, but if you sit down to do the brainwork everything eventually comes together. I've been a fan ever since KH2, and the amount canon violations and plot holes I've noticed is shockingly low. Even if you're not interested in the overall lore, each game's plot holds up really well on its own, for the most part. The primary issue for me was the multiple platforms. Thanks to the HD Remixes, new fans won't have the same trouble because getting into the series is easier than ever!

Canon violation and plot hole? Well you haven't met Xion and Roxas apparently. Their very beings retcons and plotholes the whole concept of the nobodies in itself. :p

Don't get me wrong, I love the story and the concept...but honestly sometimes Nomura should wait a couple of days before going through with his concept/story modifications. At least that's how I see it <_<

Last edited:

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Well, there's obviously a difference between simple "in-game plot" and in-depth analysis or details on certain topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back