• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Shines One Year After: Book 1

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

bizness86

Contents
ACT 3.1, Roar! Geeky Rebel (Unabridged)​
I, Flipping Wigs!
II, Oh, I'm So Rebellin'
ACT 3

I, Flipping Wigs!

play Traverse Town, KH: ReCOM​

“It’s a travesty, Scrooge…!—” Jiminy sternly declared. The cricket diplomat fumed atop his colleague’s shoulder while Scrooge and a third loiterer sat idly by the Goods Shop stairwell.

“Green ones, orange ones, pigtails, and mo-hawks, but not one of them is cricket-size. This has got to be some type of anomaly!”

“Ha! Is that what’s got your fritters frizzled?” Scrooge replied curtly, shrewdly studying the big, frizzy wig he held, blue with red streaks.

He scratched his head musingly, “Eh, although, I’d hafta say that I do hold a quarrel with the cost…! Seven munny for a simple head rag and cotton?—Hmph. What a bad joke…”

Scrooge fitted the snug cap around his crown, and proceeded with his mild grouse; the puffy wig swayed to and fro as he went on, “I’m quite as fond of fads as the next duck, but t’think youngsters actually invest a whole seven munny, in this…a wacky hairdo?—”

“Hmph;” Jiminy snickered slightly at a thought which he cared to share, “you’re probably just upset that you’re not the one getting rich from these “Discrimination Wigs”, Scrooge.”

“Besides, I guess it’s like you always say, buddy,” Scrooge’s and Jiminy’s third party attested, “the world’s economy depends on circulation. You should look forward to that seven-munny goldmine coming back to you in the long run.”

“Ehehe,” Scrooge chuckled in confession, “looks like y’two got me. Hmph. Well I guess I can’t have all th’world’s munny, and keep it too, but who blames me for trying…? Besides, If worse comes to worst, I can always just buy out Silly Wigs altogether, but aside from that,” he crossed his arms and lectured, “I’m quite surprised at Sebrea for lying to me. She oughta have a bit more munny sense t’her…!”

Jiminy sighed, “Seriously, Scrooge—lying?”

“What? Sebrea steer you wrong, Grand Ambassador McDuck?” The clerk at the counter addressed. The little lady wore her blonde pigtails adorably, and donned both a white bonnet, and apron that draped a full, cotton-blue dress.

“Quite, Ms. Rose;” replied Ambassador McDuck sternly, “But by accident, I mind you.”

“Oh dear,” murmured his shoulder sidekick.

Scrooge continued, “How much, exactly, did this Silly Wig here,” his finger eloquently jabbed towards the blue and red puff, “atop my feathered cranium cost me?”

Rose squinted, and with a regretful tone, she attempted to answered, “We’re…selling those for five munny each—so…five munny?”

Scrooge reprimanded fervently, “Lies!”

“Scrooge!—” Jiminy protested.

Scrooge retrieved a mini-abacus from his inner coat pocket. Rose stood aghast as the agitated ambassador fiddled in front of the counter while deducing, “See here—five times this—carry the two—both you and Ms. Sebrea failed to mention in your calculations that, while in your foyer, I would have to deal with my most vile arch-nemesis…”

“Here it comes.”

“Taxation!—” He affirmed further, waving his abacus, “Y’see! It’s right here—plain as day. Do you now comprehend your dreadful error, lass?”

“Uh—” Rose snapped from stupor, “yeah...! Totally...Grand Ambassador…From now on, I’ll try to remember that ‘two can be a big deal’.”

“Indeed y’should,” Scrooge barked with resonance.

Rose winced at the reply, and could not help but to comment; though courteously, she asked bluntly, “But with all due respect, Mr. McDuck, what’s two measly munny to the richest man in the world?”

“Dhatt…” Jiminy winced, but to his solemnest relief, Scrooge only sighed and dragged himself into a vacant corner.

“Dhatt!—” bellowed a voice simultaneously, “Rose! Are ye seriously mealy-mouth’n’ th’Gran’ Ambassador too?! Leave ‘im be, an’ get back ta work…now, Mealy! I swear you n’ Scotty be the laziest…!”

Rose sighed restlessly towards the gruff clerk’s bellows, and mocked him in answering, “Yes, O’ wise manager, Bentuk. I guess I be ‘gettins back ta workings’, and ‘leavin’ peoples be’!”

Scrooge remarked, disheartened, to his shoulder accomplice, “No…I’m afraid she doesn’t comprehend, Jiminy. No one really does;” he further moped, “once again, tax has become a thorn in my benevolent side, and I can’t convey to these people my plights…I’m beginnin’ to think I’m the only soul in all the worlds who’s fluent in speaking Munny…”

------------

Gabrianna skipped while wearing a loose simper, fondling the wad of paper bills in her coat pocket.

Honey was definitely loaded, she thought comfortably, I thought I was well off finding that pork-ass on the bus, but ‘Fairy Girl’ over there was packin’ a pretty ‘leet 1 wallet if I do say so…one would wonder why she walks around half-naked, and let loose a small, envious scowl, with those big, clueless eyes, and that little plastic flower in her hair. Ugh! Prob’ly saving up to buy cosmetics or something…floozy…

Gabrianna ceased her skip to slide by a giant of a man exiting the Goods Shop. She caught a quick glimpse of the guy—the imposing, bulky figure, with a head wide and bald, clung drearily to a large sack brimful with what Gabs assumed to be artisan tools; a toolbox jutted from the sack’s top along with a lavender, bowl-styled Silly Wig. At the sight, Gabs’ simper cracked into a small smile; she presumed that the big guy had a daughter at home waiting for the silly gimmick, that is, until the man reached into his bag and slid the piece, barely, over his round, globe-shaped head.

“Wow,” Gabrianna murmured, and then fought a snicker.

The large man turned and imposed, “You looking at something?”

Gabs chortled reluctantly, and answered, “A queer?”

The robust, wigged man trembled appalled, but gained his composition in replying, “This…is for my daughter! So what if her father wants to walk into the door of his home looking silly with a pink wig on his head to surprise his sweet, little chuckle-bunny?”

There was slight silence before Gabrianna chuckled further, “Look, whatever. I’m not judging you, queer.” She jeered on, but earnestly, “I just find it funny that a sweaty, stocked, build, fine-looking chum such as yourself would play drag with a light pink wig. I’m sorry.”

“Well,” the man affirmed proudly, “that’s what fathers do!” Confidently, he straightened the wig, and went off. Gabrianna pondered for a moment, and then entered the Goods Shop with a slight smirk and small thought, that’s an awesome dad…

ACT 3

II, Oh, I'm So Rebellin'

play Traverse Town, KH: ReCOM​

Gabs skipped into a near barren room. Despite the slowly churning ceiling fan, the warmth of the previous comers and goers lingered about the dry shop lobby. Not much comprised the room—an outdated cash register atop the stalwart counter, the diverse array of merchandise on display via conservative shelves and splintery cupboards, and a second register behind the counter.

There were not many people at all within the stale foyer—two cashiers, a gruff greybeard and a perky pig-tailed blonde, manned the counter while a scrawny, suspendered young man with a large nose sat in a rocking chair beside the merchandise, nodding off into a hardback copy of Grimm’s Fairy Tales. A slightly portly gentleman reluctantly patted the back of a mopping duck in a failing attempt at consolation. A sole customer stood wait at the counter, waited on by the pig-tailed blonde.

Gabrianna jutted vibrantly towards the gruff grey man at the counter; a variety of bruises and scars adorned his tanned skin, and his coarse tresses were uneven and mangled, as if ripped at by some fervent beast. Gabrianna’s met him with a cheek-stretching grin to which the cashier’s rough face responded with no definition, barring defined, high-raised cheekbones, and life-carved scrapes.

“Bentuk,” Gabs greeted, “my illegible chummy-chum! What’s good with you, dooogg?!”

The brash Bentuk eyed Gabrianna with sharp pupils.

Gabrianna prattled on, “Well, damn dude; I’d thought you would have had more dead-asses in here for the sale.”

“It’s called the top-o-the-hour drought,” Rose intercepted while seeing her customer off; she proceeding to satirize, “I figured you’d know that by now from other stores you go to and steal from.”

Gabs lost her grin, facing Rose with a blank face and a raised brow. “Cute…like your pig-tails,” Gabrianna smirked facetiously to which Rose scoffed. Gabs turned back to the hardened manager with a hard grin.

“You ain’t nothin’ but troublin’…” Bentuk growled.

Gabrianna’s sappy expression dropped instantaneously, replaced by agape, jaw-dropped stupor. She then acquired a smart-aleck smirk, and a cocked eyebrow, and attested with swagger, “I’m only as much ‘troublin’’ as people blame me for, Gramps.”

Gabs plopped both elbows onto the counter, and leaned in wait in front of the adamant cashier. Bentuk dug a hole into Gabrianna’s face with his eyes. She stared through him in wait for what she deemed the obvious. Silence ensued.

Gabrianna’s brows narrowed and her trademark scowl revisited as she pushed her way into Bentuk’s face and blurted, “So what, you gonna eye-f*ck me all day, Bentuk?!”

“Oh, he knows why you’re here,” Rose interjected sternly, “Yeah—Bentuk has told you time and time again that you couldn’t make orders here because you were too young. So, you had some pathetic, twenty-four-year-old perv-guy come in here and make an order in your name because you were too young—”

“Yeah…” Gabs addressed in an unimpressed tone, “and now I’m seventeen, like a couple of weeks ago; old enough to make and pick up orders here at the "Goody-Good Shop”."

“The order was finished since uh, like a couple of months ago; unless noticed by the client, Bentuk usually gets rid of pick-ups that aren’t picked up within three weeks after we inform the client that his or her order is ready, ‘kay? Be happy that your order’s still available for pick-up.”

Gabs shrugged, “I didn’t have the munny then.”

Rose questioned skeptically, “Oh, you have it now then?”

“Correct; I have it now,” Gabs simpered anxiously, “give the dog a bone.”

Rose scoffed and nipped, “Oh, so now, I can at least know that right now, somewhere, someone’s reaching into their pockets and finding nothing there.”

Gabrianna expelled a cross chortle, smiled curtly, and replied softly, “f*ck you, c*nt b*tch.”

Rose’s brows rose in anger, and out of shock, she repeated, “F*ck me, c*nt b*tch?!”

The duck in the corner and his accomplices turned to behold.

“Alright! Alright!” Bentuk intervened, disgusted, “Cease that shit ‘ere and now!”

Rose scoffed at her manager’s demand.

“Dirt-faced whore,” she hissed as she passed Bentuk and Gabrianna, and proceeded to storm out.

My comeback was better, Gabs thought as she smiled, goading, and snickered.

Bentuk screamed behind him, “Scottah!!”

The scrawny young man fidgeted out of his book.

Bentuk bellowed, “Order THREE HUND’D THIRDY-SIX!”

“Three, thirty…” Scotty mouthed, “How long ago was that ordered…?”

“NOW!”

After noticing Gabrianna, Scotty snorted and retrieved a lengthy item from the floor; the item was taller than its customer. Ivory cloth wrapped around its wide end, and draped most of the item but for the end of a tan pole.

“I wonder what’s eating her…” Jiminy chirped, almost carelessly, and was heard.

Gabrianna faced the chartreuse ambassador with a horrific glance, and her cryptic address jutted tersely from her tongue, “What—the—f*ck, does a half-inch cricket hope to gain from being a nosey, whiny-*ss—”

Bentuk grunted, almost throwing the item to the mouthy girl, as if to dismiss her all at once.

“Oh, my…” Jiminy exhaled, shivering.

“Happy?—” Bentuk’s query excreted from an abhorred scowl.

Gabs unraveled her package and beheld the poled blade, finely cut mythril that bore an edged prong from the blade side.

“Hells yeah, I’m happy,” Gabs beamed in admiration as she hugged the pole and spoke softly to herself, “the Mythril Spear—plenty of *sses will be handed to their respected *ss-mongers with this baby!—” she rewrapped the spear, faced Bentuk, and waved with a cute smile, “Thankies, Bentuk… bye now;” she proceeded out with a skip, only to stop dead in her tracks to the cracking of Bentuk’s knuckles. She eased into a cheeky grin as she turned to face him.

“What’s the hurry lil’ lady?—” Bentuk sternly affirmed as the register chimed, “That’ll be two thousan’ sixy munny wit’ that discount that you waited two ana’ half months for.”

“Oh, boo,” Gabrianna taunted as she approached his counter with munny in hand.

“Prob’ly stole th’munnies ta buy this…” Bentuk grumbled.

Gabs scoffed as she proceeded out, “That’s rather ungrateful! Be happy I paid for it…!” and then noticed the older duck, the cricket, and their company eyeing her skeptically.

She addressed, in an obvious tone, “Uh, can I help you?”

Bang!—’ the room quivered beneath Bentuk’s fists as they slammed onto the counter.

“Uh…” Gabrianna swallowed her impending fear and addressed Jiminy with a brisk, trembling voice, “sorry, cricket dude. You’re not a nosey, whiny—”

“OUT!—” Bentuk wailed at the top of his lungs.

Gabrianna hugged her Mythril Spear once more, and with two upraised fingers, Gabs abruptly concluded, “Geeky Rebel, out!” She dashed for the exit.

1 The term ‘leet’ often refers to Leetspeak, and is derived from the word, “elite”. In this case, the term is used as an adjective, to primarily indicate an expertise, or something of top-notch rank or quality.

ACT 3

Last edited:

bizness86

I'm still here...:p.

Quick note before starting: I recently tried to use the spoiler tag, but it seems that it won't work within formatting tags.
Example:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

this , not at all...

Anywho, what's going on KHI? After a two-month hiatus, I've (for only-God-knows what reason) looked over this story once again, and decided to write the next chapter. I've come to the conclusion that this the probability of posting this story consistently is abysmally slim; this is just something that I may (or may not) continue picking at. By no means does this mean that I discourage posts or criticism, post away! I thank all and everyone of my readers and continue to appreciate the time you put in even commenting.

With that done, note that the final chapter of Act 3 is up, Roar! Geeky Rebel. The next little tidbit is actually the latest chapter in its entirety. A little more characterizeration, 'tis all. I felt that this latest chapter was becoming too long (6 pages, font calibri, size 11), so as a result, Chapter 8, though considered the canon chapter, is actually an abridged version. (Sub) Act 3.1 features two chapters which depict the entire Roar, Geeky Rebel.

Once again, thanks for reading,
bizness86​

Silent Avera

Night Pirate Graphic Lemonade Maker
*Glomps* Yay! New chappies!

(I'm not consistent either Biz....oh not by a long shot......>_< ) I feel your pain!

We can only do our best right? ^_^

bizness86

Contents
ACT 4.1, Antitheses​
I, Mercutio
II, Answer Keys to the Test of Self-Pity

I, Mercutio

play Blue Fields, FFVIII​

The three o’ clock Charter strove through Traverse’s tranquil ambiance, gradually giving slack to the world’s scanty pull.

“No…I’m not there yet. If I was, you’d hear Rose mealy-mouthing in the background,” Mercutio confirmed, leering dreamily from the Charter’s five-layer window, “Of course I know that this is the three o’ clock Charter… Huu… And yeah, it is three ten, so naturally, you should know by now that we’ll be landing around three twenty… Huu… no, I’m not getting a tone with you… Anyways, have you taken a look at those pictures that I sent you…?”

Mercutio took little notice to the aurora just outside of his window—the fiery streams of mauve and lavender that streaked from the bus front and skimmed by his window, only to fade out into a deep, midnight tail at the Charter’s rear.

“Well, ch’eah, Unks—of course, I asked about the deductable—” Mercutio continued into his headset, “but somehow the adjuster managed to deem speckled meteor debris as “avoidable circumstance” to which probable cause would have been because of “driver extenuation”; a lotta blah-blah talk—”

“Daaah!—” screamed a kid bus urchin.

“Geezus, would’ya hold on, Unks,” Mercutio turned to address the seat behind him.

Two boy Alley Cats carried on facetiously while ripping paper airplanes to shreds; whilst the orange haired sprite jabbered, “Colors, colors, colors, colors! Ship’s burning fierce!—” the other dingy, pink haired goblin wailed on, “we gon’ die, foos!! C-F-B, noobers!—Crash and fraggin’ burn!”

Mercutio retorted with a tinge of wear, “Hey! Leeches, would you mind shutting it for a minute.”

The two urchins responded to Mercutio’s halfhearted leer over blue-lens sunglasses with aloof, vacant expressions.

Ccahhhhht,” pink-head hocked, rearing to cast his mustered juices.

His accomplice replied tersely, “Ew, Igg!”

Steadfast, Mercutio delved into the innards of his ebon leather coat.

Pft;” the air and saliva barely seeped through the sides of the firmly-pressed handkerchief which the urchin’s puckered mouth became acquainted with.

“Swallow, leech,” the young, copper-toned man affirmed with a smug tone and force-fed cloth.

“Iggy got powned,” smirked the pink-haired boy’s seatmate. After the shared skeptical expression of Mercutio and the mangy redhead as Iggy made his reluctantly gulp down, Mercutio addressed genially, “I’m on the phone with my uncle, Leeches. Would you mind postponing ‘Death to Charter’ for like five minutes, or until we land?”

“Spt-m-Mm,” the pink-head mumbled his muffled message to his cohort.

“Gotcha, Daddy-O,” redhead said, attempting a hip pose as he smirked and swiped his nose with his thumb, and gave an inconspicuous wink and a point with his index finger. Mercutio relinquished a curt simper, and then gave attention to his muffled miscreant acquaintance.

“Here; you can keep that,” the shaded man sneered with a small scowl as he cautiously eased his hand from the napkin, and return to his prior conversation, “Unks…?”

Iggy barked as he removed the handkerchief, “Bloody handkerchief!” and hissed toward his meager friend, “Conley, why didn’t ye spit?!”

Conley replied, “Cuz pown suits ya… And y’just can’t go spit’n on every wet blanket who looks at ya funny. The ladies don’t find it the least bit attractive.”

Iggy retorted sourly, “Oh, get off it! That Gabs girl doesn’t have hots for you! You’re too short and she’s way too old—what is she, like fourteen?!”

Conley pouted, and snapped confidently, “Well, she only looks down’on me by nine inches!—Once I hit ma’growth spurt, there’ll be enough of me to go around!”

The Charter slowed solemnly along the Traverse landing strip and made its drowsy stop at precisely three seventeen.

“Well, I’ll actually be meeting one of the early qualifiers here afterwards…” Mercutio emerged from the jettisoned mob of the Charter faces; “I here it’s gonna be pretty sweet… heh, heh—right… I probably won’t, be it never hurts to ask, does it… Okay Unks, I’ll tell everyone you said whuzz’up;” the young man winced along with his next reply, “Dude…what’s with a man telling another man “love you”…?—” but chuckled regardless, “Take care, Uncle Werve.”

II, Answer Keys to the Test of Self-Pity

play Blue Fields, FFVIII​

Mercutio sighed, trekking past the aimless interposers of the gate and their muddled dribble.

Well this sucks, the young man thought dully, twiddling his twisted, maroon black-tipped locks, and I can’t expect him to take the Charter and be twenty minutes late either. Rose is gonna chew me one for not giving her a whole hour…

Mercutio never enjoyed having to play things by ear. He had initially planned to have a full hour at his disposal before meeting his client, but he now acknowledged what he should have accounted for—Charters are never on time—although there was little he could do in response. Whether due to horrific traffic or some other failing circumstance involving route blocks or a supposed Heartless sighting, a Charter always had a viable excuse to be late. As with all self-involving circumstances, Mercutio ultimately saw his fault in the ordeal, one way or another, and as always, he accepted the repercussions gracefully enough; quite often, Fate saw that Mercutio would not be one to dwell on his bad luck.

“Excuse me young lady, could I interest you in some exotic jewelry stemming from the distant regions of the Sea of Sands?”

“My good sir, you look as if you’re in need of a Colored Clock! Old clocks, new clocks, red clocks, blue clocks…”

“Ay, yous! How ‘bout you buy a chicken dinner!”

Mercutio considered this a subtle homecoming. To his relief, none of the vendors addressed him this time; his last visit resulted in an Eskimo and a sailor bickering over who would sell him a fish. The young man sympathized, however; he, too, was a merchant in his own right, constantly having to prove himself against competition. As a purveyor, Mercutio thought of himself as beyond, but not above, the wall-bound tactics of these merchant masses, and found his success away from what he liked to call the Traverse Tourist Trap. He liked to think that this great success reflected a great cause.

He plunged his hands deep into the pockets of his ivory slacks and nodded at the guards at the as he strolled past the gate, glancing to both guards and finding tacit welcomes. He floated past the café only to notice the small crowd of loafers underneath.

“Is the coffee really that good…?” he whispered to himself; “I may have to turn into Coffee Fiend Number Two…”

Swimming deeper through the placid faces attached to busy bodies, Mercutio grew anxious closing in on the Goods and Item Shop; his last visit was nearly eight months ago. He stopped in front of the shop’s door and let go of a shallow breath.

He recalled his friend’s greeting during last visit, “You inconsiderate f*cker! Only three months?! That’s a helluva long time not to visit, ya aloof bastard! I swear, you and that asshole, Java!!” and sunk slightly as he prepared for a verbal thrashing.

No, more like verbal castration, thought the sap, maybe Bentuk will stop her again by calling her Mealy-Mouth or by turning her frustration to Scottson.

A shorter gentleman snarled from behind, “You going in, or what?!”

Mercutio replied curtly, without looking back, “Sorry, Stumpy;” he winced, gulped, and gave the door a faint nudge.

Awed, the little man whispered, “How’d he know my name…?”

‘Go’ Time… Mercutio slipped through the barely-cracked door with a brazen will, but a craven expression.

“Welcome to the Goods Shop,” greeted a cheery voice.

That’s…unexpected; Mercutio’s face livened.

Last edited:

bizness86

Chapters to sub acts. I had done these acts probably a week after posting the previous sub act, but instead of posting them as quickly as possible, I attempted to finish both Act 4 and this filler act, but I have ultimately decided to go ahead and post in in spite of the possibility that I won't continue writing Act 4 or Sub Act 4.1. I hope you enjoy it; this introduced a character whom has quite a bit of history with a few of the introduced cast.

bizness86​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back