• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Shin Megami Tensei and future games

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
I would like to know if there are any Shin Megami Tensei fans and if so, which games are your favorite and what games are you looking forward to playing?

I'm all hyped for Genei Ibunroku#FE!
As far as i'm concerned, it's practically laced with Fire Emblem characters and references but the SMT stuff is non existent.
Lets just hope i'm wrong.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Please post all video game discussions in the video game section. I have moved your thread.

The SMT stuff exists in the concept that the world is rotting and it takes place in Tokyo. I know everybody wanted to see SMT characters like it had been teased but honestly I much prefer what we are getting over a pure crossover story.

What game are we looking forward to? There are only two SMT games coming out and one of them isn't really a traditional SMT game rofl

As for my favorite, the Digital Devil Saga is my favorite. The first game more so than the second one. Also the Devil Summoner Raidou Kuzunoha games are great. I miss them and wish they would release on PSN. Or an SMT spin off collection on PS4 featuring the DDS games and Raidou games.

Or a Nocturne PS4 port...idk.

Anyways, DDS~

[video=youtube;LHJbE_kfybs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHJbE_kfybs[/video]

Awards
Please post all video game discussions in the video game section. I have moved your thread.

The SMT stuff exists in the concept that the world is rotting and it takes place in Tokyo. I know everybody wanted to see SMT characters like it had been teased but honestly I much prefer what we are getting over a pure crossover story.

What game are we looking forward to? There are only two SMT games coming out and one of them isn't really a traditional SMT game rofl

As for my favorite, the Digital Devil Saga is my favorite. The first game more so than the second one. Also the Devil Summoner Raidou Kuzunoha games are great. I miss them and wish they would release on PSN. Or an SMT spin off collection on PS4 featuring the DDS games and Raidou games.

Or a Nocturne PS4 port...idk.

Anyways, DDS~

[video=youtube;LHJbE_kfybs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHJbE_kfybs[/video]

By two SMT games that are coming out, you mean Persona 5 and SMT IV FINAL, right?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
By two SMT games that are coming out, you mean Persona 5 and SMT IV FINAL, right?

I was thinking more Genei Ibunroku#FE and SMT4 Final...and really only SMT4 Final should be counted. Persona 5 is under the blanket of SMT but...you'll find that SMT fans will not consider it an SMT game.

Awards
I was thinking more Genei Ibunroku#FE and SMT4 Final...and really only SMT4 Final should be counted. Persona 5 is under the blanket of SMT but...you'll find that SMT fans will not consider it an SMT game.

I can recall on the boxarts for P3 and P4, "Shin Megami Tensei" was used as a subtitle above the main title name....

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I can recall on the boxarts for P3 and P4, "Shin Megami Tensei" was used as a subtitle above the main title name....

That was done purely for western marketing purposes to try and sell the games in the west since the SMT series was more well known than the Persona series. They are merely Persona 3 and Persona 4 in Japan.

Awards
That was done purely for western marketing purposes to try and sell the games in the west since the SMT series was more well known than the Persona series. They are merely Persona 3 and Persona 4 in Japan.

Then why the hell are there demons of the SMT series in a game that apparently isn't considered a SMT game?
And as far as I'm concerned, same thing applies with DDS and Raidou Kuzunoha.
Has Atlus ever brought up before?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Then why the hell are there demons of the SMT series in a game that apparently isn't considered a SMT game?
And as far as I'm concerned, same thing applies with DDS and Raidou Kuzunoha.
Has Atlus ever brought up before?

I didn't say it made sense. They just don't call it SMT in Japan. It's a spin off of the series, so it is considered its own thing.

Back