• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Shimomura and Hashimoto to be at Japan Expo!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
Are you a Kingdom Hearts fan living in France? Well this may be your chance to meet some of the people behind the iconic series next month! Series-long composer Yoko Shimomura and executive producer Shinji Hashimoto are set to make appearances there on Saturday July 7, 2012, having a signing session at the Nintendo booth and a celebration of the series' 10th Anniversary at the Video Games stage! Also set to appear are Naoki Yoshida who will be showing off Final Fantasy XIV 2.0, as well as Julien Merceron who will be demonstrating Agni's Philosophy, the tech demo of the Luminous Engine which you may have heard about from E3 2012.

The Japan Expo will run from July 5-8 at the Paris-Nord Villepinte Exhibition Center.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
So who can I mail my KH soundtracks to to get signed by Yoko lol? jkjkjk However, that is cool that the KH staff is going out to more events recently between Yasue at E3 and now both of them are going to France xP

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So who can I mail my KH soundtracks to to get signed by Yoko lol? jkjkjk However, that is cool that the KH staff is going out to more events recently between Yasue at E3 and now both of them are going to France xP

It's because Nomura is too [ifthisgetsabusedagainisweartogod]anti-social[/ifthisgetsabusedagainisweartogod] busy to do this stuff. The rest of the KH staff seems really excited to represent the series, so it is definitely a treat to both us and them =D

kupo1121

Awards
It's because Nomura is too [ifthisgetsabusedagainisweartogod]anti-social[/ifthisgetsabusedagainisweartogod] busy to do this stuff.

lol xP and wow, why is the bracket so long just to cross something out? I assume because it was...ugh...abused again and you swore to god? But back on topic, HEY! Nomura has a child!!!! and a wife...I think...yeah...a wife.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
lol xP and wow, why is the bracket so long just to cross something out? I assume because it was...ugh...abused again and you swore to god? But back on topic, HEY! Nomura has a child!!!! and a wife...I think...yeah...a wife.

We need to know MORE about him. Maybe his kid's name is Sora or something :D

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
We need to know MORE about him. Maybe his kid's name is Sora or something :D

Honestly, I don't. Nomura is entitled to his privacy and if he had wanted us to know about his home life with his wife and kid, we'd already know. Nomura is an extremely private man, and why do we need to know about his personal life? Isn't it enough we learn about his work life from interviews? Fishing for more is invasive and rude.

~azure.requiem

「fukanou.wa.NANIMO. desu」
Awards
Website
azure-requiem.tumblr.com
Are you a Kingdom Hearts fan living in France? Well this may be your chance to meet some of the people behind the iconic series next month! Series-long composer Yoko Shimomura and executive producer Shinji Hashimoto are set to make appearances there on Saturday July 7, 2012, having a signing session at the Nintendo booth and a celebration of the series' 10th Anniversary at the Video Games stage! Also set to appear are Naoki Yoshida who will be showing off Final Fantasy XIV 2.0, as well as Julien Merceron who will be demonstrating Agni's Philosophy, the tech demo of the Luminous Engine which you may have heard about from E3 2012.

The Japan Expo will run from July 5-8 at the Paris-Nord Villepinte Exhibition Center.

~ i'd love to work with shimomura-sama someday.

kupo1121

Awards
Honestly, I don't. Nomura is entitled to his privacy and if he had wanted us to know about his home life with his wife and kid, we'd already know. Nomura is an extremely private man, and why do we need to know about his personal life? Isn't it enough we learn about his work life from interviews? Fishing for more is invasive and rude.

I don't want to sound mean to Nomura, but outside of SE, I really don't give a crap about what he does. As long as the games he continues to work on are fun and contribute to the story, he can go do whatever legal stuff he wants and I wouldn't care...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't want to sound mean to Nomura, but outside of SE, I really don't give a crap about what he does. As long as the games he continues to work on are fun and contribute to the story, he can go do whatever legal stuff he wants and I wouldn't care...

You aren't sounding mean to him at all. This is what Nomura wants. That's why he doesn't deal with social media.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
You aren't sounding mean to him at all. This is what Nomura wants. That's why he doesn't deal with social media.

I also dare say it is his good right.

This digging in people's private life nowadays is going out of hand anyways, even more with singers, musicans and actors due to overly invasive media and dumb paparazzi. The public has no right or whatever to stick their noses into the private life of people, even when they're celebrities.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It's different when you're just curious about the man who has brought you so much inspiration with all these games and other stories he has made for us. Of course, as long as he'd be willing to share his personal information about himself, I'd love to learn more about him. But with the whole paparazzi thing however, of course not!

~Farore~

Awards
Ah yes, I went to Japan Expo this year.

I didn't really look at the program before going the first day I was there, so when, while visiting some stands, I heard the announcement from the Square Enix corner: "And now, Tetsuya Nomura will give us a few words" my head turned so fast, I thought I broke something.

He did say just a few words though at that time, nothing important, and mostly showed off the drawing he made of Sora and Riku especially for the Japan Expo, he even walked through the public to show it to everyone, and so they could take photos.

He looked so proud, it was pretty cute.

But man, now I wish I took a closer look at the program. Ah well.

After that, they announced that we could buy Kh3D's soundtrack from the Square Enix shop at the Japan Expo, so I bought it: DDD soundtrack

and also got this with it: The front, the back

And by the way, for the Naruto fans, there was a friggin giant Kyubi in a cage, (there was a very, very big Chopper too, but it's less impressive, he looks too nice to be intimidating) or maybe should I say a real size one:

Look at this beast, Now you can see how big he is.

And just in front of the cage, there was a panel that read: "Dangerous fox. Do NOT enter."

All that in French of course, I'm translating for ya.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back