• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Shibuya

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sarius

Awards
All this talk about Yozora, let's talk about Shibuya. I read that Shibuya is an actual city in Japan, however, the place that Neku and friends in dream drop distance are from is also called 'Shibuya.' Now I find it a bit unlikely but do you think there is any sort of connection?

The thing is, why would Nomura make the setting the city of Shibuya when one is also mentioned in dream drop distance if there wasn't a connection? Unless it was a coincidental oversight, that could cause some confusion among players.

Now the way that the characters are all designed, Neku and friends are a bit more cartoony, but we've also seen Donald and Goofy running around port royal so...

I haven't played the world ends with you, so this thread might be absolutely pointless, but I'm curious about some information if anyone has anything to add, even if it's obvious proof that this is just a coincidence.

Eonstar890

Awards
Normura was asked about the secret ending having a connection to TWEWY in an interview awhile ago and he was kind of dodgy about the question, but answered in a way that made it seem that it was a completely separate Shibuya from that game series.

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I have no doubt in my mind it's the Shibuya from TWEWY. Yozora literally says, "I accidentally wondered into this place and went through some trials" You can't get more obvious than that. And with it being highly rumored that the next game is going to be DDD 2, a sequel to a game that featured those characters with said characters hinting at a future appearance in their own world.

Yeah, its Shibuya from TWEWY. If not then to quote Captain Goofy himself, "That seems suspiciously convenient"

My only question is how does it fit into the KH world? Because its safe to assume that Yozora is from a completely different world, that much is obvious from the graphical change but it being a different worldline? I'm pretty skeptical of that more then most fans. Not that it wouldn't be impossible, its completely possible and it's probably the obvious conclusion but I didnt find much evidence for it other then Yozora is a video game character in the Toy Story World but that could mean a multitude of different things. Plus, graphics don't mean much since PotC has more realistic graphics and its set in the KH worldline. ALSO also, if Luxord is from Yozora's world and if it's a different worldline, how did he end up here? Because according to Xenmas, Luxord is one of the members of Org13 that has ties to the Ancient Keyblade era; so what does UX have anything to do with Yozora if they exist on two different plains of existence and why would he be working as Yozora's Driver of all roles?

And if Yozora is from a different worldline, that means the Sleeping worlds and The Reapers Game are tied together somehow and represent all Worldlines as a whole the same way that everyone eventually dies and ends up in The Final World, regardless of your Worldline. But why are they tied together? Why are there even different Worldlines at all? Time travel shenganians that caused a multiverse theory? And was MoM the main cause?

To be honest, I still hate this Worldline crap. Okay, maybe not hate because I do find interesting NOW but it already makes this story even more of a messed then it currently is; even more so when it comes to UX, which is already a slog to follow, focusing the story on things that it doesn't need to focus on at all. Plus, the concept of the Wordline is still pretty vague other then it just being another term for multiverse theory but I honestly still find that really unnecessary.

And I'm still skeptical about Yozora as a character. Not necessarily his character but his role in the story of KH and why he's even here to begin with and if he'll add anything to the current saga in a way that's meaningful. His character does make for great theory discussion but on the surface, he doesnt seem like he naturally fits at all into any of this, especially when it comes to the Foretellers or UX. Which isn't surprising because Noruma basically inserted a seperate story that had nothing to do with KH, conceptually or tonally, into a universe that already has a lot going on. And I'm honestly still not a fan of his design for... obvious reasons. But... His weapons are pretty cool though and I love his voice and his attitude and backstory that I want to know more about... so that's something that's keeping on the side of getting on board with him.

But... I won't lie that I still find this stuff INCREDIBLY interesting at the very least, mainly due to the presentation. I do love the secret episode and the secret endings and UX is getting... better... I think? I still don't know how the Worldline stuff fits into any of this or why its even necessary to have it in the story at all? Because I still can't find any reason why this should be a thing other then Noruma loving time travel/multiverse plots and having an excuse to include Yozora that doesn't conflict with the tone of KH and you know... salt.

I don't know. It's all still rubbing me the wrong way in a lot of ways but I'm willing to see how it plays out. I do like that Luxord is part of Yozora's world, so it doesn't feel like this whole Yozora thing is just totally seperate from what's going on and may tie into the Foreteller arc. Plus, it does bring in new flavor and intrigue to the series other than the simple plot of Sora gotta fight another group of guys that want to do bad things because evil reasons.

It's a weird mixture of my extremely skeptical and excited at the same time. I guess I'm cautiously optimistic.

Last edited:

Sarius

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
My only question is how does it fit into the KH world? Because its safe to assume that Yozora is from a completely different world, that much is obvious from the graphical change but it being a different worldline? I

I support the theory that Yozora is an alternate version of Sora. The clothes, the name (Yozora, YoSORA)
Spoiler Spoiler Show
It wouldn't be surprising that Yozora also has a means to travel between worlds, somehow.

pssst

I’d say Shibuya is the one from TWEWY, but a different version or one existing in the future or past from the events of that game. The Reapers Game and such is still intact, just not the characters.

SuperNova

Awards
In the Ultimania Nomura said that "Shibuya" (written in Katakana) was not the same "Shibuya" (Written in Kanji) Neku is from. However in TWEWY "UG Shibuya" is written in Katakana rather than Kanji. So it's fair to assume that Sora is probably gonna end up in the Underground to play the Reapers Game. That's what I believe anyway.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I think it probably ties in to The World Ends With You's Final Mix content. There was a section where there are two Joshua's and he talks about how existence branched or something. I think that it would be pretty easy to fold in Joshua explaining that Master Xehanort and now Sora committing a "forbidden act" of time travel caused existence to branch.

Sarius

Awards
I mean, there's like 3 different Londons in KH1 alone, DDD had a pair of Paris, there can be more than 1 Shibuya.
3 different London's? What do you mean? Paris in DDD was a different situation entirely.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
3 different London's? What do you mean? Paris in DDD was a different situation entirely.
Wonderland and Deep Jungle had characters from England(Alice, Jane, and Clayton) And London was shown as part of Neverland as well.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I mean there's so many duplicates of actual locations. London: Neverland, Deep Jungle (Jane and Clayton travelled from London to Deep Jungle), and Alice is from London. Also, if you look at The Caribbean, given the time that they're in, it's when the British were colonizing it, so there's that aspect too.

Beast's Castle is in France, Uncle Scrooge must have found Remy while visiting some version of Paris, Country of the Musketeers is in France, La Cite des Cloches is in France, Castle of Dreams is also in France...

It was described that after the "world" was separated and broken up, they each became their own separate worlds. I'm guessing that's what happened to make all those specific locations derived from the same location, yet their own world. Basically, I think that Shibuya can be whatever Shibuya Nomura wants it to be. If we visit it in a future game and we don't see Neku and the others (I will be let down), but I don't feel entitled to see them just because it's "Shibuya". That's like me expecting to see Quasimodo while at Beast's Castle.

Sarius

Awards
I mean there's so many duplicates of actual locations. London: Neverland, Deep Jungle (Jane and Clayton travelled from London to Deep Jungle), and Alice is from London. Also, if you look at The Caribbean, given the time that they're in, it's when the British were colonizing it, so there's that aspect too.

Beast's Castle is in France, Uncle Scrooge must have found Remy while visiting some version of Paris, Country of the Musketeers is in France, La Cite des Cloches is in France, Castle of Dreams is also in France...

It was described that after the "world" was separated and broken up, they each became their own separate worlds. I'm guessing that's what happened to make all those specific locations derived from the same location, yet their own world. Basically, I think that Shibuya can be whatever Shibuya Nomura wants it to be. If we visit it in a future game and we don't see Neku and the others (I will be let down), but I don't feel entitled to see them just because it's "Shibuya". That's like me expecting to see Quasimodo while at Beast's Castle.
I mean, I get the time period thing being a problem (pirates) but otherwise, they could just be different locations in the same area, can they not? Doesn't really make them 'different.' Remember the theory Elsa and Tarzan being siblings that was basically confirmed? Scars skin in the movie Hercules? They have connected in the past. Certainly not to the extent of the Pixar, but still. Alice's, Jane's, and Wendy's London could all be the same, and we only visit there once. Same thing with Remy, Quasimodo, and the Beast.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I mean, I get the time period thing being a problem (pirates) but otherwise, they could just be different locations in the same area, can they not? Doesn't really make them 'different.' Remember the theory Elsa and Tarzan being siblings that was basically confirmed? Scars skin in the movie Hercules? They have connected in the past. Certainly not to the extent of the Pixar, but still. Alice's, Jane's, and Wendy's London could all be the same, and we only visit there once. Same thing with Remy, Quasimodo, and the Beast.
In the films, I can see them all being connected just different times/specific locations. In KH, I think they're all completely different worlds. I don't think that Alice's, Jane's, and Wendy's England are all the same.

I think the definitive evidence of this is the fact that Wendy's England is present and actually visited in the same game where the Dalmatian's England has been lost to darkness. Not only that, but Jane's England must exist too and hasn't been taken by the darkness otherwise I think she would have pointed out that she was stranded in the jungle as her world was destroyed.

So with that said, I think there can be a different Shibuya from The World Ends With You... even though I strongly believe that the one we visit will have something to do with TWEWY lol.

Sarius

Awards
In the films, I can see them all being connected just different times/specific locations. In KH, I think they're all completely different worlds. I don't think that Alice's, Jane's, and Wendy's England are all the same.

I think the definitive evidence of this is the fact that Wendy's England is present and actually visited in the same game where the Dalmatian's England has been lost to darkness. Not only that, but Jane's England must exist too and hasn't been taken by the darkness otherwise I think she would have pointed out that she was stranded in the jungle as her world was destroyed.

So with that said, I think there can be a different Shibuya from The World Ends With You... even though I strongly believe that the one we visit will have something to do with TWEWY lol.
Okay. That's fair.

Violet Pluto

Awards
Well, I wouldn't be too put off seeing Quasimodo and Beast in the same world seeing as Belle cameos in Hunchback, but I don't think that Yozora will be in the TWEWY Shibuya nor a copy of it. I know that everyone and their mother has a theory about that right now but I don't buy it yet, especially since it seems to be a stretch and most of those theories have some problems with them.

OneDandelion

Awards
I'm skeptical of it.

The "trials" could have been referring to the reapers game, but if he won then he shouldn't be able to communicate with Sora unless he became a composer or something. And if he's currently playing the reapers game then his death would be final instead of him reawakening inside that car.

Imo it's loosely connected at best. We might see Neku show up but it doesn't seem to me like the reapers game will play a major role in restoring Sora's form; and that most likely being the case, I wouldn't count on TWEWY playing a major role in the setting or plot of this Shibuya.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Per "the World Ends With You", there are more than two Shibuyas. There's the Realground (RG) where the living reside and there's the Underground (UG) where the dead play the Reapers' Game. But there's also that alternate universe in "Another Day" where Joshua had escaped to before Sho unleashed his Zettaflare on him. And now with "Final Remix", a dream version of Shibuya was introduced.

There's a possibility that, when Nomura said that the Shibuya in Yozora's universe isn't the same as the Shibuya of TWEWY, he meant that it could just be yet another iteration of Shibuya much like the RG, UG, alternate and dream.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I'm skeptical of it.

The "trials" could have been referring to the reapers game, but if he won then he shouldn't be able to communicate with Sora unless he became a composer or something. And if he's currently playing the reapers game then his death would be final instead of him reawakening inside that car.

Imo it's loosely connected at best. We might see Neku show up but it doesn't seem to me like the reapers game will play a major role in restoring Sora's form; and that most likely being the case, I wouldn't count on TWEWY playing a major role in the setting or plot of this Shibuya.
Chirithy: "The edges of sleep and death touch, and one can't help but the occasional crossover."

Yozora contacted Sora through sleep/dreams, which is why both versions end with Yozora waking up after the battle.

SuperNova

Awards
Speaking of which, does anybody else believe that what happened between Sora and Yozora physically happened? Since the Final World acts as a border between dreams/death.

Back