• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Shaving?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
I have been thinking about shaving my moustache since my friend keeps bugging me about it but im not sure if it will look right if I just keep my goatee. Also, people keep telling me if I shave it off it will grow back faster and be thicker so if I dont look right without my moustache then ill be screwed but my friend says that its not going to grow back faster and thicker and I checked online but half of the people online say it will and the other half say it wont so idk what to do. Does anyone else have experience with shaving their moustache or something that will help me out?

Thanks.

Walkway

First of all, having a stache when you're fifteen may not be the greatest of ideas. Second of all, the whole shaving it and it growing back thicker and whatnot is just an old wives tale.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
It'll get "thicker" anyway. It has nothing to do with shaving itself, that's just how hair works (especially when you're still growing up).

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Completely untrue. Shaving has no effect on the time it takes for hair to grow back. When you shave it cuts the hair in such away that it looks jagged when growing back, which makes it look kinda thicker. Also, teens happen to shave during the interval in which their bodies naturally start to grow more hair as puberty moves on. They mistakably shave when more hair follicles start producing more hair, so it makes people think they are growing more hair from shaving when it's actually their body naturally producing the hair...

Teiku 5

Something About, Baby, You and I...
Website
www.facebook.com
let's get something straight though.

(mainly talking about your "goatee" here) if it's patchy, you NEED to shave it or you look like a complete idiot. you really don't need to be afraid of doing it you know. especially if you have a nice electric razor. insanely simple.

The Fishman

Keyblade Master
Ah, shaving, the worst time waster in my life. I remember when I was first told to shave it off back when I was 12 or 13(I know, right, but it was just a little but noticeable), I had the same worries as you. I thought I would "look weird" without it and was afraid that I would have to keep shaving it off with the hair growing thicker. Good news is, I actually looked better without it, but the bad news is that the hair got thicker and stubby. But that was because I started off using a razor instead of an electric shaver. I started using an electric shaver on the top part of my face so the hair doesn't become thicker and stubbier like the bottom of my face and neck and so far it has stayed soft. If you're worried about it growing thicker like I was, try out an electric razor first, don't do what I did and start off with a razor. Chances are, it won't become too stubby too soon, but I can't guarantee it because everyone is different. If I cared about my unshaven appearance, I would shave at least 2-3 times a week to get rid of the hair because it grows fast, but I attribute that to my arabness, lol.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Shaving just cuts the hair at the root of the follicle in a jagged manner, causing it to grow back differently.
But if the hair grows back thicker/darker, it's because your hormones are telling it to.

BTW I'm guessing this is your first moustache? I'd say moustaches don't usually look good on people our age, so shave.

Coeurl

Demon Dance
BTW I'm guessing this is your first moustache? I'd say moustaches don't usually look good on people our age, so shave.
agreed. i also thought it looked good and manly and all but shoot it looked horrible after a couple months. makes your face much more 'cleaner'.

and don't worry if it grows back, you just have to shave again :p

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
My moustache and goatee make me look older from what people say and my goatee isnt patchy or anything, it looks like a normal goatee but its not that dark but its still pretty noticeable and my friend thinks I should just shape the goatee up.

Also, you all said I should use an electric razor?

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
This is horsepoo. There's a 15 year old in this thread with a moustache and I can't even grow one damn lip whisker.

Horsepoo.

Et Cetera

Bronze Member
I had a mustache by the time I was 14 or 15. My father never let me shave it up until a few months ago.
Mustaches do not look that good on high schoolers. Unless you wear a full beard, I'd say shave it. Hopefully you'll find you like your new appearance. Maybe the reason people think it grows faster is because it took you 15 years to get it, but that was before your body chemistry changed. If you shave it now, you will notice stubble within days, not 15 years again. It'll just come back at the normal facial hair rate.
Yes, I've heard a lot of people prefer electric razor. Personally, I use electric clippers. idk

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
whts the big deal it just grows back i hat shaving its an annoying task to have to do or you look homless

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
Does anyone know a good electric shaver I should buy for that?

Also I dont want to make another thread but im a skinny guy I eat a lot of stuff, chicken, burgers, other crap, and I dont gain weight and my parents say that when they were teens they were about as skinny as me. My friend says I should buy vitamins and do weights so I dont look as skinny but I dont know what kind of vitamins I should buy.

Thanks again.

Teiku 5

Something About, Baby, You and I...
Website
www.facebook.com
i disagree with the rest of them. a well maintained moustache looks fine on someone ur age. but it's up to you really.

i have the same thing as you. i'm 17 and weight 120 pounds/50 or so kilograms. i JUST yesterday started a workout routine that i really think i'm going to enjoy.
not being fat is not a bad thing. but if you want to gain weight, you really should exercise to try and gain some muscle mass. for that you especially need lots of protein (and vitamin C i understand). meat, nuts, and milk are good for protein. orange juice is great for vitamin C.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
This is horsepoo. There's a 15 year old in this thread with a moustache and I can't even grow one damn lip whisker.

Horsepoo.

I've had to regularly shave since I was 14.

I would have to agree that mustaches don't really look good on people our age, but to be sure it would be nice to have a picture.

Also I dont want to make another thread but im a skinny guy I eat a lot of stuff, chicken, burgers, other crap, and I dont gain weight and my parents say that when they were teens they were about as skinny as me. My friend says I should buy vitamins and do weights so I dont look as skinny but I dont know what kind of vitamins I should buy.

Don't buy any vitamins. Just change your diet a bit if you REALLY want to bulk up, but being thin isn't really that bad.

tangerine

Awards
Does anyone know a good electric shaver I should buy for that?

Thanks again.

Bodybuilding.com - Find Bodybuilding Workouts!

Read articles and such. I replied to another thread where someone was asking for advice on working out and I offered to post a special routine that can help you gain 20 lbs over the summer. I can do the same for you if you're serious about it.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Electric clippers works fine. I know people who would kill their mothers before running a razor across their faces.

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
Thanks for the heads up about the weight thing tangerine, CS, and Teiku.

Electric clippers works fine. I know people who would kill their mothers before running a razor across their faces.

Idk if I could buy an electric razor right now so I might have to just use a regular razor.

Also ill try to post a picture of it later or tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back